OOC: Temple of Elemental Evil: Dim_Darknight

unleashed

First Post
Kajamba Lion said:
unleashed: I hope I'm not bothering you, but I fear that I am a bit. Basically, Tem's coming out as a lot more aggressive sounding than I mean for him to be. He's a 17 year old kid who's had a bad life — more than anything, he's scared. I'll dial it down a little bit, though, as I'm not trying to be annoying.

Nick

No problem, play him as you wish, Halbrom just thinks he's either really pessimistic or completely insane. ;)

unleashed

First Post
Dim_darknight said:
I'm having trouble getting the Spoiler tag to work so I just used black text. Can someone tell me the proper code to get it to work.

Sure, no problem. [ SPOILER ] at the beginning (minus the spaces between the brackets and the word), and [ /SPOILER ] at the end (again minus the spaces) of whatever you want in the spoiler.

Like so:
hidden text

You can also use [ SBLOCK ] [ /SBLOCK ] (minus the spaces of course) for a different form of spoiler.

[SBLOCK]hidden text[/SBLOCK]

Also [ CODE ] [ /CODE ] (minus the spaces of course) keeps all formatting, so you don't lose spaces.

a a (without code)

Code:
a             a (with code)

Go here to find more formatting codes.

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
unleashed said:
No problem, play him as you wish, Halbrom just thinks he's either really pessimistic or completely insane. ;)
Possibly a bit of each, although mostly the former. :) He's working on it, though.

Dim_darknight

First Post
Quick combat note:
I don’t care about post order but please put in a secondary action if it’s possible someone could block your primary action before you have a chance to take it.

I may skip people if it doesn’t damage the overall initiative. Ex. If Juggernaut goes immediately after Eluvan, but posts first, I may swap their order.

unleashed

First Post
I’m going to try to cut it down more (to less than 1MB). If you have trouble with it, post in the ooc thread and I'll give you all the distances.

Well I downloaded it as I couldn't access the site directly (said it was temporarily down when I tried), so might I suggest just zipping the bitmap and uploading it in the message. I've done it here for the first map.

Eluvan

First Post
Mmm... well since Darknight has posted initiative order and a combat map, it's clear that we're going to most likely be fighting these guys.

But... from an IC point of view, do you guys who are posting combat actions have any reason to suppose that the guys are hostile? They could just as easily be Hommlet guards, no?

Dim_darknight

First Post
Exactly.

However, no one in the group is Lawful; half are chaotic; and only one is Good. Guards or Bandits, there's a chance a majority would attack either way.

Mainly though: two groups meet, neither expects the other, both are clearly armed with more than a common knife and the clothes on their back. Order of actions becomes somewhat important as first impressions are established.

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
Eluvan: In retrospect and from an IC standpoint, no (although there was a lot of talk of bandits in the area), but OOC I felt like it was implied that we'd be fighting (being told to remember to draw our weapons), so I posted a combat action. *shrugs* Although Tem would certainly be willing to not fight should the folks be proved not hostile — they just haven't given us any indication either way as to what their intentions are. And it seems unlikely that they'd be the Hommlet town guard, given how they're positioned and what not, but that's just IMO.

Nick

Remove ads