OOC Twisted Infinity

Ferrix

Explorer
Didn't see this one until today.

I listed the sources for the classes, and by iconic dwarf, I mean a dwarf who is a classic picture of a dwarf, slightly gruff, defender and champion of his people. Able to survive on his own, able to take a blow and able to deal one. It's not a specific thing. Deepwarden is from the new Races of Stone, Pious Templar is from Complete Divine and Hammer of Moradin is from Players Guide to Faerun. There's a couple feats from races of stone that I'd want to use also that improve his skill with heavy armor. Also I hoped to take the wild talent feat from XPH so I could gain access to a psionic feat is that okay?

I'd have maxed out hammer of moradin to 10 levels, so that is the epic progression I'd want to be following probably.

I can e-mail you the abilities for the three classes if you want so you can look 'em over if you want. The Deepwarden is also the example PrC on the WotC website for the Races of Stone accessory.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Two quick questions: First is, can that check be a free action (IE just seeing if I know it, not taking a couple of minutes to ponder it), and second, is it possible that I could take 10 on those checks.

Ashy

First Post
BS, I'm here to stay now - sorry for any probs. :p

Wrahn and Ferrix - I've got a cool idea, but it involves a race that I wrote for Mysteries of Arena (first release tomorrw at Gen Con!) - I'd be happy to email it over and it would work really well with what Ferrix is playing, methinks...

Ferrix

Explorer
Ashy said:

Wrahn and Ferrix - I've got a cool idea, but it involves a race that I wrote for Mysteries of Arena (first release tomorrw at Gen Con!) - I'd be happy to email it over and it would work really well with what Ferrix is playing, methinks...

I saw this post and thought I'm going to get an e-mail from ashy, low and behold ;-)

Wrahn

First Post
Nac Mac Feegle said:
Two quick questions: First is, can that check be a free action (IE just seeing if I know it, not taking a couple of minutes to ponder it), and second, is it possible that I could take 10 on those checks.

As a free action is fine, but I think taking a 10 is probably not. The roll represents the chance for you to understand something well enough to shape shift into it. So since you can't know everything about everything under a particular hit dice, I think a random chance is appropriate.

Ashy said:

email away Wrahnn(at)yahoo(dot)com

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Oh, one other thing I forgot to ask.

What are your feelings about vow of poverty. I know some DMs don't allow it, so I'd like to check in as to its availability.

And for those who are working on backgrounds, I'd love to try to work my character in so we have a party that knows everyone. My e-mail is priestofchaos1@yahoo.com , so I'd love to be able to work out a related bg.

Last edited:

Wrahn

First Post
Nac Mac Feegle said:
Oh, one other thing I forgot to ask.

What are your feelings about vow of poverty. I know some DMs don't allow it, so I'd like to check in as to its availability.

I am going to have to say no at this point to the vow of poverty. The reason is the lack of epic progression. Even extrapolating out the progression, I feel it would be weak in comparison to what happens at epic levels. While it may not be weak for you, but for other equipment dependent characters it can become an issue.

So to avoid what could be a large headache for me to try and balance it versus what I have seen at epic levels, I am going to "nip it in the bud" and say no.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Wrahn said:
For me to have more control over the thread, plus there is a request up in the other thread for another game master and another epic game, which I wouldn't be running, so I didn't think it appropriate for us to post all our game info in potentially someone elses thread.

No that's what I was wanting, for you guys to post here, this thread is all nice and uniform with the rest of them. :) I just didn't realize someone else was still looking for a game... I'll edit the subject of the other one to reflect its need.

Ashy said:
Nonsense, you've never been a problem. :)

Someone

Adventurer
NAME: Tares Hehrog, aka the Archsorcerer, supreme warlock, and other names, most of them unpleasant.

Race: Human
Class: Sorcerer 15/archmage 5
Level: 20
Alignment: LN
Experience: 209999
Description: Tall and imposing, though not physically powerful. Grey is starting to dot his brown hair and beard, both kept short. His face is square and regular, but not exactly attractive. Tares presence is almost overwhelming; like if they were in a temple, lesser people tend to whisper when he´s in the same room.

HGT: 6´2´´
WGT: 170 lb
SEX: Male

………..Total……Point buy…..Level advancement…..Inherent bonuses…Magic items
STR:..…10(+0)..….10(2)
DEX:….16(+3)…...10(2)………………………………………………..............………...+6
CON:….17(+3)…...11(3)…………………………………………….…………................+6
INT:…...16(+3)…..14(6)........................................+2
WIS:…..14(+2).…..14(6)
CHA:…..34(+12)…18(16)………….+5…………………......…..+5.....………………..+6

AC: 18=10+5 (armor, robe of the archmagi) +3 (Dex)

Speed 30 feet.

HP: 4+(3x19)+60=121

Saves:
.........Total.....Class......Ability......Magic
Fort.....+13.......+6.........+3..........+4
Ref......+13.......+6.........+3..........+4
Will......+19......+13........+2..........+4

Skills: [Total ranks 137]

Concentration +26=18 sorcerer ranks + 5 archmage ranks + 3(Con)
Spellcraft +31=18 sorcerer ranks +5 archmage ranks +3 (int) + 3 (feat) +2 (Kn arcana sinergy)
Knowledge(arcana) +26=18 sorcerer ranks +5 archmage ranks +3 (Int)
Knowledge (the planes) +22=9 sorcerer cross-class ranks +10 archmage ranks +3 (Int)
Knowledge (nature) +17=9 sorcerer cross-class ranks +3 (Int)
Knowledge (dungeoneering) +17=9 sorcerer cross-class ranks +5 archmage ranks +3 (Int)

Feats:

Spell focus-Transmutation
Spell focus-Evocation
Eschew materials
Skill focus-Spellcraft
Empower spell
Spell penetration
Twin spell
Silent Spell

Languages: Common, Draconic, Celestial

Initiative: +3
Attack: Melee +9/+4, ranged +12/+7 (no weapons)

Special abilities:
High arcana: Mastery of Shaping, Mastery of Elements, Mastery of Counterspells, Spell Power x2
Spell resistance 18 (robe)

Spells: Caster level 22 (+26 to beat spell resistance) Spells/day: 6/9/9/9/9/6/7/7/7/7. Save DC 22+spell level.

0-Read magic, Detect magic, Prestidigitation, Light, Arcane mark, Message, Mage hand, Open/close, Ray of frost.
1-Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Feather Fall, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield.
2-See Invisibility, Scorching Ray, Detect Thoughts, Darkvision, Knock.
3-Arcane Sight, Fireball, Fly, Protection from Energy.
4-Enervation, Greater Invisibility, Stoneskin, Dimensional Anchor.
5-Telekinesis, Cone of Cold, Sending, Wall of Force.
6-Greater Dispel Magic, Analyze Dweomer, Disintegrate.
7-Forcecage, Greater Teleport, Greater Scrying.
8-Polymorph Any Object, Mind Blank, Greater Prying Eyes.
9-Shapechange, Gate, Meteor Swarm.

Equipment:

Cloak of charisma +6 36k
Amulet of health +6 36k
Robe of the archmagi (grey) 75 k
Gloves of Dexterity +6 36k
Tome of leadership +5 (used) 137,5 k
Tome of understanding +2 (used) 55 k
Ring of sustenance 2,2 k
Ring of Freedom of movement 40 k
Staff of illusion (25 charges) 32,5 k
Portable hole 20k
Mirror of mental prowess 200k

Scrolls of: Wish (28825 gp) True seeing (1900) Vision (3025). Wand of Rope Trick (4500)

Material components for Stoneskin (20 uses, 5000 gp) and Forcecage (10 uses, 15000 gp), Scrying focus (1000), Shapechange focus (1500), Analyze Dweomer focus (1500)

+-27500 gp in spare cash.

--------------------------------------

Third son of a small merchant, Tares grew in an evironment of discipline and attention to detail. His grandfather was nothing more than a farmer that through hard labor saved some money. His father took that money and multiplied it with nothing more than common sense, countless hours of work and little sleep. Though –almost- all the family were similarly industrious, Tares was the most similar to his father.

When he was 13 he started to show hints of magical aptitude. Since his older brothers could manage the familiar business, Tares´ father was happy to send his son into apprenticeship, thinking that a wizard in the family could be the best thing that could happen to them. But he was rejected in all of the wizard towers, magical academies and schools of spellcraft. “The boy is smart, but not enough to train him for free” they said. “And you don´t have the money. We´re sorry.” Tares didn´t gave up.

He worked hard and used every bit of money to buy book of magic or access to magical libraries. Since he had zero magical training, starting was very hard, but finally he grasped the basics and started practicing basic cantrips at night. His method was hard, slow, tiring and time-consuming, but at the end effective: practice the same spell once and again, until he could do that in a moments thought and ultimately understood the spell´s inner workings.

His knowledge expanded, slow but steady. The wizards continued rejecting him, as a lucky amateur; it was time to look for new sources of money, since he needed more expensive scrolls and exotic works of magic theory. He started a career as an adventurer; explored the Glittering Caves looking for Jull Gruss´ spellbook, lost ten years before. Helped the shining company of Cimulas in their assault of the Granite keep, overrun by fiendish orcs, and soon after served as a mercenary with the army of the evil god Darmek. He grew in power, and always clashed with the wizard community´s contempt first, then surprise, then, in some cases, anger and fear, respect and fear in others, and in few wizards, admiration and fear.

One of his worst enemies was Axiluu the Golden, famed diviner and item crafter, owner of the fabled Mirror of the Eagle´s Eye and counsellor of King Therdes of Camecia. He attacked Tares –verbally- at the slightest occasion, criticizing (sp?) him as a purely empirical spellcaster that didn´t deserved the name of “mage”, that his intelligence was inferior, and that he could not stand in a battle against a real wizard. Finally, Axiluu challenged Tares.

Tares immediately teleported and blasted the old thing into a handful of dust.

Slightly later he learned that the rules of a Wizard Battle were slightly different of what he though they were, and involved carefully timing of preparatory spells and fighting in a previously appointed place to avoid killing innocents. To wich the sorcerer answered that he couldn´t care less since that was the way he was used to fight, –wich was true- that he finally had surpassed them in power and had no interest to him –true again- and that if they wanted to repeat the experience, he would be glad, specially now that he was the Mirror´s new owner.

Tares continues restlessly working, 14 hours a day, every day, from his private tower at King Therdes of Camecia´s castle, as the new magical advisor. With his new position´s resources and the use of the Mirror, he´s dicovered countless arcane secrets and long forgotten bits of magical lore that few wizards ever have heard of. With that knowledge, there are few that could match him.

Last edited:

Remove ads