• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [OOC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

DMAesh

Explorer
I think that Ez would be trying to keep an eye on everyone, in general for morale purposes too, so I think he will try to keep an eye, just in case. And yes, we probably should keep an eye on the twins...

SunGold

First Post
Alright, gotcha. In that case I think Sarith should map and Orsik should take his place on rear guard, since mapping requires no check and Orsik's perception is better.

If that's ok with you, new roster (sans dead--RIP guys, *pours out a 40*) would be:

Pace Normal:
6 miles per day
Foraging: disadvantage
Stealth: disadvantage
Navigation: normal
Perception: normal
Pursuit: No change

Guarding:
Ezraen (Perception +2, Insight +2)

Lookouts:
Bertram (front) (Perception +6)
Orsik (rear) (Perception +3)

Navigation:
Surana (Survival +2)
Shuushar (Survival +4)

Foraging:
Derendil (Survival +1)
Topsy (Survival +0)
Turvy (Survival +0)

Covering Tracks:
Eldeth (Survival +5)

Mapping
Sarith (No check)

Marching order (inferred from tasking)

Front Rank:
Bertram
Surana
Shuushar

Middle/Main body:
Derendil
Topsy
Turvy
Sarith
Ezraen

Rear:
Orsik
Eldeth

Last edited:

SunGold

First Post
"Shuushar," Ezraen says over breakfast, "How much farther to Sloop-blu-dop, do you estimate?"

I don't know if you're asking for RP purposes, but from Uller's OOC post after our rest:

You've traveled for 3 days and gone about 20 miles. You were making good time until you ran into the muck pits then back tracked into the web filled chasm. It's about 30 more miles to Sloobludop.

DMAesh

Explorer
More RP, but also thinking more in terms of getting an estimate of time versus distance. If he is able to remember any geographical obstacles I am trying to prompt him for that as well.

Uller

Adventurer
Actually, I need to check my notes this evening. You may have traveled 4 days.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

SunGold

First Post
Maybe we should have Bert cast Goodberry and Orsik create water, instead of eating the food we have, since we're about to long rest anyway?

If anything happens to either of them, it'd be good to have that small buffer of food/water for a day or two.

Not that Uller would kill off more NPCs or anything...

emxr2yg7byp9cu1va5cs.gif

Uller

Adventurer
I do miss old school D&D where my high school/college buddies would show up with 3 or 4 characters and actually be happy with a good death so they could switch to another character. I remember my first PC...an 8th level cleric for Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl (my older brother's group needed a cleric and his friends convinced him to let me play). He was eaten by a white dragon. My next PC was a first level wizard...he got into the kobold lair in Keep on the Borderlands, cast magic missile and then died.

Ever since 3e, it just feels like players get more attached to their PC. Probably because for any PC above 3rd level it takes a good deal of work just to stat it up, much less come up with backstory and personality

At my last table session (12th level PCs) one of my players said he'd rather quit than make a new low level PC. I don't get it. I guess part of why I DM is I get bored out of my mind playing the same character for more than a few sessions.

DMAesh

Explorer
Yeah, I do get attached to my PCs, but in this case, I wouldn't mind making several characters and see how many live to tell the tale! XD

Remove ads