D&D 5E (OOC) Vault of the Dracolich 5E (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
So... we've hit the Milestone I've been waiting for! Two of the four Bhaalite Idols marks the (very approximate) halfway point for the adventure (probably more like two-fifths).

At any rate, LEVEL UP to LEVEL FIVE!

(The Dispensables can do it as soon as the fight is finished which should be no more than a round or two now. Sesto has gone for two rounds, so if Pyrus and Bob go, we can wrap it up quick, I hope.)

Things will almost certainly get harder from here on out. You've all still been mostly at the "fringes" of the dungeon, so Level 5 should help out a ton. Be careful about resource management. It will be hard to get another long rest. MAYBE you can get one before the end, but not any time soon, that's for sure. The Cultists are not going to make the mistake of looking for you outside again (as they did in the night).

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Specifically for Udit this is both "good" and bad because on one hand, rogues are less rest dependent than other classes, on the other level 5 for rogues isn't as spectacular as some classes. I'm also a bit concerned about our somewhat limited healing capacities.

That being said... good stuff! The adventure is going well, people are having fun, and it's kind of encouraging to know we've done about 40% - encouragement to keep going and see this thing through. Well done everyone :)

tglassy

Adventurer
Yay level 5! Question. Does all our stuff refill like a long rest? Cause level 5 is where Mystics get a huge boost in psi points.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

tglassy

Adventurer
So, used psi points stay used, but the psi point maximum increases, so I still have more. That's cool.

Ok, the genasi are done. I'm able to delete a discipline to add a new one, and at level 5 they get a new one anyway, so I fixed them up a bit. They also can use 5 points at a time, now, which opens up more powerful abilities.

Pyrus is now able to direct the flow of battle a bit, letting others move on his turn. He can also now psychically interrogate people.

Aquaria can now raise the recently dead, and other things.

Auraia can fly now and make her psi blades +2.

Terrus can also fly, and cam control earth and wood. Among other things.

All but Pyrus got Third Eye, so they can have dark vision whenever they want and have tremorsense, X-ray vision, and true sight.

All in all, a good change for everyone.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

FitzTheRuke

Legend
We can RP it in the Ensemble thread, but we may want to discuss the plan forward for the two groups we've agreed on here. Imani can reinforce the Dispensables with Drako, Lorenn, and Torbin, but it will take him 10 minutes to cast the teleport. They will need to hold the room (or hope no one goes looking for them).

Alternately he can send Bob, Sesto, and Pyrus to join everyone and the two new groups can split up on foot after attempting a short rest by the lake. (But then we have to decide which way each group will chose to go.)

I suppose one group could try the Obelisk by the "cove" while the other moves in through the enterances we know about or continues to explore the lake.

Oh, and there is still the issue of the swimming-thing to resolve. (I will go mention that)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
I'm thinking Obelisks. No need to use up our emergency teleport if we can find a way to make them do what we want them to do.

Squirrels are evil!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I meant get Imani to TP the group together then try an obelisk. It's true that there is one on the altar room, but they are unpredictable. You don't know where it will take you. Story-wise, we lost Devan that way (it actually works well in the story, even if Celestial disappeared IRL).

Point is, it might take you to another fight...

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Okay, so quick run-down on leveling changes.

Bob goes Barbarian. +1 Prof Bonus, Abil Improvement (+1 Str<18>, +1 Con<16>), HP +14 (+7 HD, +3 Con, +4 (Con adjustment.) Current/Max: 39/55.

Mord: +1 Prof, +6 HP Now 33 current/max, New spell level 3rd, New spell known(Vampiric Touch, New Invocation learned(Book of Ancient Secrets), BoAS spells learned: Comprehend Lanvuages, Identify

Squirrels are evil!

Remove ads