[OOC] Welcome to Reyr's Well!

Li Shenron

Legend
[MENTION=1465]Li Shenron[/MENTION]: Well, it seems as if you're going to have to solo this. That sound good to you?

Let's see if we can make it work with 2 players + DM.

But let us know, if you want more proactive posts describing actions rather than dialogue. IMXP in PbP games, the players expect the DM to drive the story at the beginning so that we get more input or clues (half of which we're going to miss, of course). So for me it's quite typical to start with very simple dialogues, casual chatting with NPC, looking around the locales... Things will really get going later, when we get into some action or more important NPCs. We have to endure for a while, IMXP the vast majority of PbP game get lost in the very early phase.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
I've not done a play by post for absolutely ages so I'm always open to advice if I'm committing any glaring pbp breaches of etiquette... And sorry it took me so long to get started!

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Obviously, one of the features of a PbP game is slowness. What would be played out in a few minutes at a table in my library gets played out in a few weeks on a message board. After a while, this creates the understandable impression that not much has been accomplished. To help remedy this impression at least a little bit, I like to award experience points every now and then.

Therefore, for the "action" up to now, Karl and Molly receive 120 XP. :)

Li Shenron

Legend
Obviously, one of the features of a PbP game is slowness. What would be played out in a few minutes at a table in my library gets played out in a few weeks on a message board. After a while, this creates the understandable impression that not much has been accomplished.

I am very familiar with this effect, so at least on my part I am not worried at all :)

Remove ads