Oppenheimer [spoiler thread]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think it might have been if it was an hour shorter. It’s a lot of men smoking and talking in rooms. Plus a big boom. And then another hour of men smoking and talking in rooms.

Retreater

Legend
I watched it this weekend. I enjoyed it - but I think that it could've been 30-45 minutes shorter. Most of the drama was based around the Manhattan Project and Trinity, and I think had the film stayed focused on that era that would've improved my experience.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I watched it this weekend. I enjoyed it - but I think that it could've been 30-45 minutes shorter. Most of the drama was based around the Manhattan Project and Trinity, and I think had the film stayed focused on that era that would've improved my experience.
Haven't seen it yet, but I would expect that a movie focused on Oppenheimer's role in the Manhattan Project and Trinity wouldn't really be about Oppenheimer, per se, considering the significance of his experiences after the project.

Stalker0

Legend
I do think the time switchups were overdone. It created a bit of drama at the end which was good, but it added more confusion than the movie needed. I think they could have cut about half of the switchup out and made it a cleaner movie.

I liked it, but it was kinda two movies mixed together. In the beginning, we see a bit of all those hearings and stuff, his early beginnings, ad then a long part mostly focuses on the Manhattan project, and then we focus on the politics and communism allegations.

The trailer focused more on the bomb and the project leading there, and I kinda was looking forward to that the most. The hearings and stuff actually though had a good dramatic arc, I think, though I still wonder if it shouldn't be two seperate movies? But perhaps not, because it's all part of who Oppenheimer was?

Remove ads