Optimization help

Esker

Hero
In my games we have 1-2 combats per day and on rare occasion will have 3. Based on the feedback I've seen here I think that matches up a little closer to most campaigns than 6 encounters per day.

That's fair. I've rarely had 6 combat days either; just picked it as the low end of the official guideline. 1-2 strikes me as low for an average, though there are certainly days like that. Certainly skews the class balance toward full casters and Paladins though.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
That's fair. I've rarely had 6 combat days either; just picked it as the low end of the official guideline. 1-2 strikes me as low for an average, though there are certainly days like that. Certainly skews the class balance toward full casters and Paladins though.

Well, it's easy to forget that all our analysis is typically done without magic weapons. Throw out some decent ones to the martial characters and suddenly things aren't so skewed to Paladins and Casters ;)

So all things in perspective, it's probably not as detrimental to fighters and such as our numbers typically tell us - because we never account for those kinds of things in our numbers.

FrogReaver

I've calculated the level 8 rogue level 2 barbarian DPR, reckless attack, TWF no style.

DPR = 28.7

If you want Zlot barbarian 3 / rogue 7

DPR = 33.2

***corrected calcs as had initially set sneak attack to 5d6 when at most it is 4d6.

Spartan_MD

Explorer
I'm not sure his current Str.
I assume:
20 Str
Rage is active bonus damage applies to all attacks.
2nd sword is non-magical
Sneak attack damage of 10.5

Chance to hit is 87.75% for magic weapon short sword attack. Damage on that attack is 11.5 based on above assumptions. Comes in just over 10 DPR.

Also, I've ignored crits in this analysis for simplicity.
Currently 28 str with +1 short sword and +1 hand axe.

FrogReaver

Typo...18 str. Sorry.

Anyways, I think you have enough info to make an informed decision.

We've talked about the impact of various defensive features. We've talked about the impact of some of the notable feats. We've talked about the Damage different paths will get you.

It's really up to you to determine the overall weight to give to each of these things and to pick options that are going to synergize together as a whole.

Remove ads