• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OT-Chess Rule

Weeble

First Post
Bonehoard Taffer said:
LOL, looks like I better brush up on the rules before i play the neighbor boy again.

Find a free internet chess site (yahoo) or a google search for free sites. I haven't lost a game to a fiend or aquaintance in a long, long time, but I loose every night online (I'm about 70win/30loose)

Petrosian

First Post
I seem to recall a parpetual check rule, where by if a board position was repeated a number of times it was a DRAW, but that might just be for tounrament play.

kkoie

First Post
Petrosian said:
I seem to recall a parpetual check rule, where by if a board position was repeated a number of times it was a DRAW, but that might just be for tounrament play.

You are correct on both counts. The record for the longest chess game (a game played via mail) lasted several years, and a majority of it was spent playing just a few pieces, the rest having been captured.

K Koie

Weeble

First Post
Petrosian said:

There are certain combinations of pieces that cannot checkmate and if both sides have the wrong combinations, this would be a draw. There is not "21 move" rule or any other way to draw unless you put the king in a postition where he isn't in check, but can only move into a space that is threatened.

Ealli

First Post
http://www.interchess.com/chessrules/1.asp

Rules on the game. Pages 5 and 8 have rules pertaining to a draw. Having the exact same position show up 3 times is a condition for a draw. Also, each player making 50 moves without capturing a piece or moving a pawn is a condition for a draw.

Checkmate only happens if the king is in check and the player's move cannot remove the king from check.
Stalemate is only if the king is not in check and the player cannot make any legal move. Stalemate is not the only way to draw though.

Last edited:

hong

WotC's bitch
Bonehoard Taffer said:
LOL, looks like I better brush up on the rules before i play the neighbor boy again.

That kid sounds like a munchkin in training. Consider inviting him to your next D&D session. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads