D&D (2024) Out with the old, in with the new?

How much older 5e material will you keep in your game?

• Hard reset. Once I get the new books, all that’s gone before is gone.

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • Soft reset. I’ll keep a few things, at least until new books offer replacements.

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • Pick and choose. Much will be carried forward, but some might be excluded.

Votes: 50 37.0%
  • Everything is in. Let a thousand flowers bloom.

Votes: 20 14.8%
  • No 2024 for me. I’m sticking with the books I have.

Votes: 26 19.3%

Soft reset for me.
I did the same when 3.5 came around. I used SRD 3.5 + old splat books. But those were replaced whenever the updated book came around.

We were in the middle of a night below campaign actually and converted in the middle. Some fun (and very powerful) things happened by that soft reset. That did not take a way fun, but did increase it. Honestly, they really needed all the help they could get in that adventure.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I’m sure I posted enough in the other thread for my answer to be obvious, but full druid, all the flowers.

cranberry

Adventurer
Once the new books are released, I'll make the full switch to Pathfinder. :devilish:;)

But seriously, the guy in my group running D&D will likely move us completely to the 2024 rules

Oofta

Legend
I said "Pick and Choose..." because I don't really know yet. In all likelihood I'll just switch over, but a few things like the new stealth rules they've presented are pretty terrible in my opinion. Overall changes to classes and stuff have been fine.

So I'll wait and see, ask me again in October or so when the new PHB has been out for a bit.

Remove ads