[Pathfinder] BrOp's Burnt Offerings IC Thread

Walking Dad

First Post
Sivan & Chaine, Cathedral

"Don't cry. You are the only one who still may fix this. You can change it, can you? Just some details in their expressions. I trust you, that this blasphemy was not your wish. Some evil influence has corrupted your work." As Sivan says the last words, some dark fragments of his dreams seep into his consciousness.

Sivan

Controlling his sobs, Chaine nods in agreement. "Yes, yes, I can fix this, I can fix this. The dedication is not until tonight and the first worship won't be for a few more days." He picks up his paints and begins mixing them again, trying to replicate the palate of colors he had been using the night before.

He pauses momentarily from his work, looking up at Sivan. "How did this happen, Sivan? I am scared, I do not understand."

Shayuri

First Post
Mellisande gapes. Oh RIGHT! That guy!

She patters over to him, calling, "Veznutt Parooh! Veznutt Parooh!"

When she reaches him the gnome barely glances at his companion and gives him a quick, "Hi," before assaulting Parooh with, "The other day I was in the woods and some men caught me and, well before that they were killing a deer, and I tried to stop...I mean it was already dead, but they were hurting it, so I..."

She takes a deep breath and blurts, "I made them laugh! You have to tell me what's happening!"

Mellisande

Both Veznutt Parooh and his human companion stop dead in their tracks, flabbergasted by the young gnome woman. Clearing his throat he holds up his hands in a futile effort to get her to stop talking. When he sees a break in her stream of conversation he says "Vezret kimah doolah? Iznat avera moont?" (OOC: He is speaking in gnome.)

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Sivan & Chaine, Cathedral

"I don't know my friend, I don't know. Perhaps this is a test of our faith. Do you need anything else or may I help you somehow with your work?" Sivan says to Chaine.

Shayuri

First Post
Both Veznutt Parooh and his human companion stop dead in their tracks, flabbergasted by the young gnome woman. Clearing his throat he holds up his hands in a futile effort to get her to stop talking. When he sees a break in her stream of conversation he says "Vezret kimah doolah? Iznat avera moont?" (OOC: He is speaking in gnome.)

The sage's words have the effect of shutting Mellisande up, and so can't be considered a complete failure, despite her having no idea what he said. On the other hand, let it never be contemplated that mere lack of comprehension ever dissuaded Mellisande from a conversation.

She frowns and tries to divine the content of his words by pure gut instinct.

"Uh...yes, your hat is very nice...and thank you for that wonderful compliment, only I really need your sage...ossity right now."

Mellisande

The old gnome begins to shake his head and gives Mellisande an odd look. Switching back into Common he states, "You don't speak our language, do you? That is very odd. Were you raised by humans? That is fascinating! If only I could map your brain and see how it works ... but that may be impossible."

Taking Mellisande by the hand he walks with her down Church street toward all the goings on, "Tell me, child. What is it that I can help you with? And what exactly do you mean when you say that you made someone laugh? Do you mean you can tell amusing stories? That is a fascinating talent to have!"

Shayuri

First Post
Mellisande nods, riding the tide of the elder gnome's thoughts with the effortless grace of a native Islander surfer; the Big Kahuna, if you will, of non-sequitors.

"It is, but this is even better," she tells him.

And then she concentrates hard, trying to recapture whatever it was that had filled her before. For a moment it feels to her as if the thoughts in her head, in her memories, are made of tangled up goo...that she can carefully grab then recklessly shove up and out through her arm, her hand, into the sage!

(Laffin' touch!)

Sivan

The painter shakes his head, "No, my friend, I have all that I need here. The acolytes have been taking good care of my needs. All I can ask is that you pray for me." Chaine lets out a heavy sigh, "If only I could use my magic to make this all go away, but alas, I fear there is nothing of help in my spellbook. Now if you will excuse me, Sivan, I have work to do." With this he turns back to his work and continues his preparations.

You make your way out of the western chapel into the central courtyard of the cathedral. Open to the sky, this is the only part of the grounds which was left unchanged after the old chapel burnt down five years ago. It is a circular area thirty paces across surrounding a set of seven standing stones themselves surrounding a circular stone altar. These stones served the Varisians for centuries as a place of worship to Desna. Although the head of the cathedral, High Priest Zantus, is a devotee of the dream goddess, the entire structure is ecumenical, housing chapels to the most commonly worshiped gods of the Lost Coast: Erastil, Abadar, Shelyn, Gozreh, Sarenrae and Desna.

You met the High Priest yesterday and generally received a positive impression. A human of obvious Chelaxian heritage, he took over from the well-love Father Tobyn who perished with his daughter in the same fire that destroyed the church. He had been a student of Father Tobyn's who has since distinguished himself as a capable leader who is very open about matters of faith and has slipped into the role of adviser for worshipers of other gods of Sandpoint with ease.

As you enter the couryard you find an acolyte of Desna dressed in brightly colored robes sweeping. She hums a tune to herself, and seems to have not heard you come in.

Arahmid

With the dedication of the Sandpoint cathedral today and the Swallowtail festival on top of that the town is abuzz with excitement. Farmers from the hinterlands have been arriving all day long, and there are even a few visitors from faraway Magnimar walking around. Merchants, tinkers, and craftsmen have been arriving to sell their wares and take advantage of the light festival atmosphere to sell some of their less popular items.

The good people of the Lost Coast are not the only ones in town taking advantage of the festivities, however. Thieves, cutthroats, pirates and highwaymen have come out of the woodwork to prey on the masses. In response, the town guard has called up its reserves and are trying to maintain a visible presence on the dirt roads of Sandpoint.

Just as you turn the corner on Salmon street you see a small altercation happening in front of Fatman's Feedbag. Two green-as-grass guardsmen are attempting to wrestle a tough-looking guy to the ground, while a group of unsavory characters are gathering around them. Although the young guardsmen seem to have the man they are fighting under control, you notice (OOC: made Visual Perception check) that another man standing behind them has just drawn a wicked-looking Qadiran dagger from his belt and is advancing towards them. They are obviously not aware of the danger they are in.

Remove ads