[Pathfinder] BrOp's Burnt Offerings IC Thread

Sivan

Sivan leaves the cathedral proper and walks through the back courtyard to the attached rectory. The layfolk of the church are busy here as well, cleaning and straightening everything to make it look its best.

A few knocks on the rectory door brings the High Priest's housekeeper who promptly lets the paladin into the ground floor room. "He'll be down to see you in a few minutes," the housekeeper states, "he's just finishing up the speech he will give before the dedication." She excuses herself and heads off into the back of the house.

Moments later there is the sound of footsteps on the wooden stairs and High Priest Ezakien Tobyn descends to greet Sivan with a firm handshake and a smile. He is already dressed in the informal vestments of his faith: a beautifully embroidered green silk overcoat and well-worn, yet lovingly crafted leather traveling pants. A large silver necklace in the shape of a butterfly with stars, sun, and moons hangs around his neck. "Lovely to see you again, Sivan. I must ask a favor of you. The priestess of Shelyn from Windsong Abbey will not been able to attend today's festivities. Would you be willing to stand in her place? It is so rare to have a holy warrior of her faith in this part of the world. You would do us honor."

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Master Parooh gives Mellisande a strange look, "Erm, in some ways, my dear. The First World is the ancestral home of our people, where we came from long, long ago. We are not truly of this world, but from another, even though we have all been born here. Our connection to this world is what give us our life force, what keeps us young. It gives our lives meaning and lets us see the vibrant colors of this reality through the prism of the First World. You, my dear, seem to have quite a strong connection to this world, stronger than most of our kind. The odd thing is that you were not raised by gnomes, yet still you have this bond, which means it was passed on by your birth parents. Very, very interesting." He muses to himself as he searches for the key to the library.

Nearly forgotten that Mellisande is there for a moment, he turns around and looks surprised. "Oh, you are still here. Do you have any questions?"

"Well..." Mellisande hedges as she tries to scrape some kind of coherent question from the melange of thoughts that storm inside her skull. "What should I do? What does it mean? Is it good?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Sivan & High Priest Ezakien Tobyn

"I'm the one who is honored. I will gladly stand by your side. Just tell me the plans for todays progression and I will help as much as I can. It is a good day for Sandpoint, when the followers of the good gods stand side by side to celebrate this day." Sivan answers the priest honestly, feeling a bit blushing.

The Rolling Man

First Post
Arahmid, Half-orc Rogue

He had gotten the attention of the sheriff himself. So much for keeping a low profile, Arahmid thought .

"Arahmid." He said, putting emphasis on his Shoanti name. "I've been here for a few weeks, Sheriff, but people tend to either ignore or disregard people of my origin. Besides, it's not like I usually try to get attention, like this clown you just arrested."

jkason

First Post
Saktouk, half-orc monk

The Vudrani woman nods and folds her hands in front of her in the manner of a greeting of her people. "May the peace of the Master be with you, brother. You are welcome to come in and meditate, or do you seek something else?" She turns her head to the side as if listening to a far off voice and waits for your answer.

((OOC: I'm really sorry for the lack of activity. This has been a vicious last few weeks, but the show I'm in closes this weekend, so I should have much more time after that))

Saktouk makes a noise somewhere between a snort and a laugh. "I seek a lot of things, though I seem to be no closer to finding them than when I left the abbey," he admits. "And I fear what I learned--the control, the leash to hold back this ... savage side of me--is slipping from me. Yes, meditation may be just what I need..."

Mellisande

The elder gnome finally finds the right key and opens the front door of "The Way North. The building looks brand new and seems to have been built originally as a stable.

"Good? Well, hmm, it is good for you in the sense that a strong connection to the First World means that you will stay young longer than most of our kind. Also, you can make people laugh! That's a pretty good thing if you ask me. I know plenty of people in this town who could use a good laugh."

Without another word Master Parooh slams the door shut in Mellisande's face. A second later it reopens and he sticks his nose out again. "Oh, it was nice to meet you. Would you care to meet me later for the Swallowtail Festival festivities in front of the new cathedral? The White Deer and the Rusty Dragon always put out good food, and I am sure that there will be something interesting to see; something to make those interminable speeches a bit more bearable."

Arahmid

Sheriff Hemlock nods his head, "Yes, there are many good people in town for the dedication of the cathedral and the Swallowtail Festival, and many bad ones to take advantage of the foolish or gullible." He pauses and gives the half-orc a long, penetrating look after which he remarks, "Which one are you, I wonder?"

Sivan

The High Priest nods, "Wonderful, I am sure you will be a great addition to the ceremonies. I will not require your presence officially until sunset when the consecration occurs, although I would suggest you stick around all day. The welcoming speeches should have something for everyone, and if you have not taken part in Swallowtail Festival ceremonies, you are missing a truly beautiful and meaningful occasion. Lunch of course will be provided for free to everyone in town by the local taverns. They do it every year and the food is always quite good.

"The consecration will begin promptly at sundown. Please be on the podium with me for that with the other ecumenical clergy. Since you are the sole representative of your denomination I would ask you to prepare a small prayer to be said just before my own. After the prayers the clergy will move into the cathedral and give individual blessings to the shrines. After that the layfolk can enter and pay their respects. You don't have to be there for that if you choose, although I am sure the townsfolk would greatly appreciate it."

With a wink he adds, "Be sure and dress in full regalia armor. The people do love a man of the church in uniform."

Shayuri

First Post
The elder gnome finally finds the right key and opens the front door of "The Way North. The building looks brand new and seems to have been built originally as a stable.

"Good? Well, hmm, it is good for you in the sense that a strong connection to the First World means that you will stay young longer than most of our kind. Also, you can make people laugh! That's a pretty good thing if you ask me. I know plenty of people in this town who could use a good laugh."

Without another word Master Parooh slams the door shut in Mellisande's face. A second later it reopens and he sticks his nose out again. "Oh, it was nice to meet you. Would you care to meet me later for the Swallowtail Festival festivities in front of the new cathedral? The White Deer and the Rusty Dragon always put out good food, and I am sure that there will be something interesting to see; something to make those interminable speeches a bit more bearable."

Mellisande brightens at that. Food sounded great! She blissfully edits the mention of a boring speech out of her memory, replacing it with some comment about puppies, and nods happily at Parooh.

"Sure! Thanks for the..." she waves a hand around, not sure how to put it. What the old gnome had said was still kind of puzzling to her. Something about first worlds where gnomes were from and...gah. "...thanks."

When the door closes again, she turns and considers. It was a beautiful day, and Parooh had been right about the laughing thing. It wasn't a BAD thing to make someone laugh. And he'd gotten over it pretty fast, so it didn't seem to hurt anyone.

And there was food at the cathedral!

With a delighted giggle, Mellisande scooted off Parooh's porch, wending her way through the streets and alleys towards the bell tower of the cathedral.

The Rolling Man

First Post
Arahmid, Half-orc Rogue

Arahmid makes an angry frown. "This is what I get for stopping one of your recruits from getting stab ? Suspicion ? Zang Ooba* ! Like others, I simply came for the festival. Now, Sheriff, unless you want to detain me, I'm going to enjoy the free food and drinks your town offers. Gods know I have little money to afford anything else."

*Orcish curse (loosely translates to witch's something ... Eric's grandmother wouldn't approve)

Remove ads