[Pathfinder] BrOp's Burnt Offerings IC Thread

The Rolling Man

First Post
Arahmid, Half-orc Rogue

Arahmid considers his situation for a split moment. Getting in good graces with some guards might be good for his future. It's not like Arahmid has a lot of friends in the criminal world of this town. Besides, stealing and intimidating people is one thing, but giving them a knife in the back is quite another.

Stealthy, Arahmid approaches the dagger wielding thug and tries to grab his weapon arm. Maintaining a firm, strong grip, he speaks softly. "Are you sure you're not making a grave mistake, 'friend' ?"

[SBLOCK=OOC]Let's test the grapple rules :p ! I guess this could also be an unarmed disarm attempt but in any case Stealth +5 to surprise him and thus avoid an AoO. CMB +3 vs DC 15 + the thug's CMB (ie doesn't look good). See the Glossary for the effect of being grappled. If Arahmid can't surprise and avoid an AoO, he will just move in front of the thug, draw his own dagger and say the same thing.

Arahmid also uses dodge (swift action). Intimidate +3 if applicable.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Sivan & Sarina, Courtyard

"Good morning Sarina, I hope you have slept well. I'm really excited about today. What about you?" Sivan asks Sarina. A small part of him wants to know if other strange things happened, but the bigger part just liked the girl. Even as she was the follower of another deity, he movements were a worship to Shelyn.

Sivan

The acolyte looks up and greets Sivan with a curteous nod and a smile, "Good morning, sir. Yes, thank you, I slept very well." Not quite knowing what else to talk to the paladin about she continues sweeping slightly awkwardly.

Just as you are about to think she will not engage again she mentions, "Oh sir, I almost forgot! High Priest Zantus would like to speak to you in his quarters. He told me only moments before you came." She blushes, "I am sorry, I should have told you immediately."

Walking Dad

First Post
Sivan & Sarina

"Don't worry, Sarina. I will move to Father Zantus immediately." Sivan tells Sarina. With a last friendly nod, he is on his way. I wonder if Zantus had strange dreams, too.

Mellisande

As Mellisande touches him, the elder gnome's eyes light up and he doubles over with side-splitting laughter, barely able to control himself. His friend shoots a nasty glare at the younger gnome and supports the sage until he can catch his breath again. "You should be ashamed of yourself," the human barks, "attacking an old man unprovoked like that. I should call the guards on you." Veznutt straightens himself and reassures his friend, "Ilsoari, tee, hee, hee, do not worry, hah, hah, I am quite unharmed."

Still chuckling he says, "Well, young miss, you certainly have something there. I haven't laughed that hard in many months, not since the incident with the fisherman and the turtle." He straightens his waistcoat and combs his hair back with his hands. "I say, I think you and I need to have a little talk ... in private. Ilsoari, if you would excuse us, please. I will be quite safe with her, I assure you."

The older man looks doubtfully at Mellisande then assures the gnome, "As you wish, Master Parooh, I will see you at the Acadamy after this." He stalks off in a huff, leaving the two gnomes alone.

Without fear Veznutt Parooh takes the younger gnome by the arm and leads her off back toward his library, "Tell me, child, have you ever heard of the First World?"

Arahmid

Arahmid sneaks up on the man with the dagger and attempts to get a grip on him. Although he is at first unaware of Arahmid's presence, the man reacts quickly to the half-orc's touch and spins around to face him. (OOC: Stealth check 16 + 5 = 21 vs. DC 5, success! Grapple attempt 10 + 3 = 13 vs DC 17, failure)

Now pointing the dagger at Arahmid he screams, "Stay out of this, you freak! This is none of your business!" Judging from the look in his eyes, you think that he is more than a little intimidated by having a half-orc in his face, and holds on to the dagger that much tighter.

The others standing around the fracas with the guards are still too caught up in that action to notice what is going on.

Shayuri

First Post
"Well," Mellisande muses thoughtfully, "There was a time I was talking to an old gnome, and after I made him laugh he mentioned it."

She shrugs. "But that was the first time I'd heard of it. It's the world that comes before the Second World, right?"

The Rolling Man

First Post
Arahmid, Half-orc Rogue

"I'm the one who decides what's my business and what's not. The way I see it, I'm doing ya a service. Murdering a guard will only get you hanged. So, I suggest you just turn around and leave. But if you insist on being stupid, I'll just have to teach ya a lesson." says Arahmid while retrieving the wooden sap tied to his belt.

Mellisande

Master Parooh gives Mellisande a strange look, "Erm, in some ways, my dear. The First World is the ancestral home of our people, where we came from long, long ago. We are not truly of this world, but from another, even though we have all been born here. Our connection to this world is what give us our life force, what keeps us young. It gives our lives meaning and lets us see the vibrant colors of this reality through the prism of the First World. You, my dear, seem to have quite a strong connection to this world, stronger than most of our kind. The odd thing is that you were not raised by gnomes, yet still you have this bond, which means it was passed on by your birth parents. Very, very interesting." He muses to himself as he searches for the key to the library.

Nearly forgotten that Mellisande is there for a moment, he turns around and looks surprised. "Oh, you are still here. Do you have any questions?"

Arahmid

Arahmid's opponent momentarily looks past him and blanches. With lightning speed he sheathes his dagger behind him and begins tapping the other thugs around the struggling guards on the shoulder, "Let's get out of here!"

Briefly checking behind himself, Arahmid sees a patrol of four town guards led by Sheriff Belor Hemlock himself running down the street, their weapons drawn. They breeze by Arahmid and finally are able to get the struggling prisoner under control as the remaining men on the street disperse into the crowd.

As three of the guards cart the bound men off to the garrison by the bay, Sheriff Hemlock turns to the half-orc and gives him an appraising look. Hemlock is obviously of Shoanti blood, even though he is dressed in typical Chelaxian garb and does not carry a Shoanti name. His shaved head seems to indicate that he has not given up on his original traditions completely, however.

After giving a few last command to the departing guardsmen he turns back to Arahmid and says, "I saw what you did there, trying to get that man to stand down. You are not from Sandpoint, and I do not know you. What is your name?"

Remove ads