[Pathfinder] Burnt Offerings

jkason

First Post
Oh, I'm all for getting things moving, and thank you for it. That's why I wanted to check before I threw a wrench in things by throwing in the backmatter (and wanted to set-up before hand that it was just passing on the info so I didn't inadvertantly generate a stalled scene on the way to the mercantile). Threw the post up IC.

Walking Dad

First Post
@Ambrus, here is the bronze dragon:

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/dragon.html#metallic-dragon-copperMetallic Dragon, Bronze

(Metallic) Bronze (Pathfinder_OGC)

It has not the aquatic, but the water subtype. Scroll to the last entry to read:
Creature Types (Pathfinder_OGC)

Water Subtype: This subtype is usually used for outsiders with a connection to the Elemental Plane of Water. Creatures with the water subtype always have swim speeds and can move in water without making Swim checks. A water creature can breathe underwater and can usually breathe air as well. Water creatures treat the Swim skill as a class skill.

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
Thanks Walking Dad. I'd noticed the inclusion of monsters into the PRD earlier and have already incorporated the updates, the few that there are, into my character sheet. BTW, Bronze dragons previously had the water subtype. ;)

CB, there are a few elements that change for my character's monster class, albeit mostly in later levels; the most straightforward of which are feats. In Pathfinder a character gains a new feat every two Hit Dice instead of every three. For a bronze dragon that means a feat at 1st (no change), 3rd (no change), 7th (instead of 9th), 11th (instead of 13th) and so on.

Two other significant changes pop as well. Oddly perhaps, a bronze dragon's ability to speak with animals at will has been delayed from the wyrmling age category (as it was in 3.5) to the later very young age category. For the Bronze Dragon monster class that means that the ability is gained sometime after 10th level instead of at 2nd level.

Lastly, the only other change to the bronze dragon wyrmling (as far as I can see) is that its Dexterity score increases by +4 (from 10 to 14). That would mean that two +2 Dex ability score increases should be added to the monster class' level advancement somewhere between levels 1 and 9. Good spots to add them, in my opinion, would be levels 2, 5 and/or 9 since those are the levels without any other ability score increases. I'd suggest the first be gained at level 2 to compensate for the loss of the speak with animals spell-like ability.

CB, please let me know your thoughts on these changes.
Walking Dad, please let me know if I missed some other change to the bronze dragon between 3.5 and Pathfinder. :)

I'm here. I sewed three Halloween costumes the past ten days and since I'm not a very good sewer, it took up all my time. I'll be posting updates today as my time permits.

Ambrus, I haven't yet looked over the changes to your character's base monster class but will do so early this week. I have a trip to the grocery store to make sometime this afternoon, then class this evening. If I don't get to it tonight, I will try to do so tomorrow afternoon when I return home from work.

jkason

First Post
Bumping this from the 3rd page...I don't have searchability anymore, so a bump is necessary! :p

I don't know how many threads you follow (and thus how useful or not this might be), but I find the thread subscription (which doesn't require a community supported account) works pretty well for my purposes. The "My Account" link shows you all subscribed threads with new posts, and--so far as I can tell--there's no 'falling off the page' with subscribed threads the way you have to worry about with the standard board list.

Remove ads