Pathfinder Evil Game Group 1 OOC/closed

Kaodi

Hero
What are the perameters of character creation then?

In any case, if we go the religious route, the villains could be a cult of Geryon, as they are hiding in a swamp. Or, if we take the " killed someone " route, it could be a cult of Zyphus, and our crime would have been arranging the death of someone important...

Shayuri

First Post
Some kind of secret society with a credo that they'll do anything to uphold...and 'ends justifies the means' type group seems like it would satisfy our needs. Could be quasi-religious, or maybe there's a religious subset of the group.

Gandalf, what level are we talking about starting at? As far as dreaming up concepts, it's useful to know if we have any levels available to spend on ECL's or not....

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
[OMENRPG]ben: I was thinking to give an opportunity for player to play the bad guy if they wanted, as it can be fun once in a while, this is easier with black and white evil but gray area can be fun too, it's up to you guys what you guys want to play.

Shayuri: I was thinking high end of low level, as in 5, but we can go lower or higher if you guys want.

[OMENRPG]Ben

First Post
Okay Gandalf, that makes sense. Just my personal taste I suppose.

Level 5 sounds good, definitely high enough to be reasonably strong without having world-shaping powers yet.

I think everyone involved should answer the question of: what kind of evil do we want to play? Religious zealotry? For the greater good, ends justify the means? We are just trying to survive and are exiles from normal society? We should determine the "type" of evil first, and then we can winnow it down to the flavor of the group we want to play.

I'm sure we'll get some more players interested in this, as the thread has only been up for a little while. But, us first posters should try to steer the game in the direction we want.

Personally, I vote for "ends justify the means" gray area. My second choice would be religious/philosophical dedication.

Shayuri

First Post
We don't all have to be the same kind of evil either, as long as we can cooperate. The trick is that the focus of cooperation has to be something long term, or we'll fall apart once our group objective is met (or irredeemably failed).

Level 5 seems fine. Gives us some toys, or the chance to take on small level adjustments without overwhelming pain.

Kaodi

Hero
I am not sure I want something as potentially complicated as " We are really just good guys without qualms. " I am more " I guess you could say we are bad guys. I mean, we steal, murder, and generally cause mayhem, but not because we find those things particularly enjoyable in themselves. They are merely unfortunate stepping stones to what we really want: wealth, power, the favour of our gods. Not necessarily in that order. "

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Some kind of secret society with a credo that they'll do anything to uphold...and 'ends justifies the means' type group seems like it would satisfy our needs. Could be quasi-religious, or maybe there's a religious subset of the group.

Level 5 sounds good, definitely high enough to be reasonably strong without having world-shaping powers yet.

Personally, I vote for "ends justify the means" gray area. My second choice would be religious/philosophical dedication.
I was hoping for like level 8 as there is aa PRC that I am aiming toward.

I like the 'quasi-religeo-philosophy' of ends justify the means 'arch type'. Members of some cult perhaps?

Remove ads