[Pathfinder] Scotley's Kingmaker IC continued.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The Prince dives gustily into the presented food. It is by far better than the trail rations and campfire fair he has been living off of lately. He feels magnanimous enough to compliment the kobolds on their feast, recognizing their primitive attempt to entertain exalted guests. "A fine spread, quite tasty indeed. The ale is just the right touch." He downs a glass and waves for it to be refilled again.

As he eats, he tries to pay attention to what is being discussed about the fortress. When it looks like they are waiting for him to answer he finishes swallowing and says, "A fortress would be a fine start to my kingdom. We'll need a place for the stables, an armory, garrison, possibly a tower... it should have a moat as well I would think.

We can certainly survey the site to see what we are up against. I wouldn't be overly concerned about the odds. They'll be lazy with no real opposition in the region for so long. While I prefer a good stand up fight, a night raid would take them by surprise. They probably won't even have guards posted!"

The Prince trails off and resumes drinking, already picturing the new fortifications he'll have constructed once the fort is his.

Scotley

Hero
The ale flows freely and once the chief sees that his guest are getting comfortable he brings up the topic of an alliance. "Sootscales have long been on this land and would see this mine turn productive again. A strong ally who could rid the land of bandits would be most welcome. We have had enough of war and curses."

Kaodi

Hero
"Doesh one of yoo still hav that fanshy charter that they gaaave yoo up in Brevoy?" asks a fairly sloshed Pixi - ahem, 'H'lak Brittan' . Despite the intoxication though she seems to be fairly in control of her senses, perhaps owing to how addled she is to begin with. "Sez somethin' thar about ecschploration, right? Maaaybeee we should do shome of that in the, um, meantimes."

Scotley

Hero
OOC: I fear we have struck the holiday doldrums. All my games have slowed to a crawl. I'm here and ready to post should any of the rest of you be. There is indeed a lot of exploring to be had. If no one has anything else to say to the Kobolds we'll advance time to morning and you can decide where to explore next. I'll give you today to chime in.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: I'm ready to go with Rhote if others are. I just need us to make a final decision in regards to exploring other areas and building up XP or attacking the bandit fortress now. I'm for attacking them now.

Scotley

Hero
After the feasting and drinking all sleep deeply. Morning comes late after the night's excesses and none of you are moving swiftly as you emerge from the Kobold tunnels into the light of day. The Chieftain is still sleeping it off as you depart. An annoyingly chipper Mikmic gives you directions to the bandit fortress with a warning that it is nigh impregnable.

OOC: Got word that DeWar is having connectivity issues, so your Druid will be too hungover to speak this morning.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"There has to be a secret way inside, else this lovely jaunt is going to be for nothing. Unfortunately, I'm not great on finding secrets. I'm much better at making thing burn. Anyone have any ideas on where to search first?" Rhote asks.

OOC: Maybe we can approach the fortress from the rear and look for any pedestrian traffic, while keeping hidden.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: Got word that DeWar is having connectivity issues, so your Druid will be too hungover to speak this morning.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

The half elf druid is looking rather green around the gills. He heads outside to get fresh air and to puke. The second part is readily known due to the obvious sounds.

[sblock=ooc] I have connectivity for now. We will see later.[/sblock]

"I would prefer some fresh air rather then some cooped up smelly fort. In all honesty.

PUuuuuukkkkkkeeeeee! RRRaaaallllpppphhhhh!

Last edited:

Remove ads