[Pathfinder] The Pleasure Prison of the B'Thuvian Demon Whore

rangerjohn

Explorer
Would there be a problem saying I trained Ra (my animal companion) The general purposes of Hunting and Riding, before play? Ra btw is a medium leopard.

rangerjohn

Explorer
This is what I have so far.

Lillana Elf Druid Level 4
Alignment: Neutral Good

Str 14
Dex 16
Con 10
Int 10
Wis 15
Cha 10

AC: 19 Dragonhide Breastplate, Ring of Protection +1
FF 17
T 15

Saves:
Fort:
Ref:
Will:
Combat
BAB +3
CMB +5

Melee
MW Elven Curved Blade +7 1-10+3 crit 18-20 380 gp 7lbs
Quarterstaff +5 1-6+3 crit 20 x2 - 4lbs
Shillelagh +6 2-12 +3 Crit 20 x2 counts as magic for dr

Range
MW str Composite Longbow +7 1-8+2 Crit 20 x3 RI 110 600 gp

Feats: martial weapon Elven Curved Blade, Weapon Finesse

Skills: Climb 6, Knowledge Geography 8, Knowledge Nature 10, Ride 5, Swim 4, Perception 11, Handle Animal 7 (11 for Ra), Survival 11

Ra : Animal Companion
CAT, LEOPARD
With each graceful step, this leopard's steely muscles ripple beneath its spotted fur.
N Medium animal
Init +5; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +5,
DEFENSE
AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 14 (+5 Dex, +4 natural)
hp (4d8+6)
Fort +6, Ref +9, Will +2
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft., climb 20 ft.
Melee bite +8 (1d6+3 plus grab), 2 claws +6 (1d3+3)
Special Attacks pounce, rake (2 claws +6, 1d3+3)
STATISTICS
Str 17, Dex 20, Con 14, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Base Atk +3; CMB +5 (+9 grapple); CMD 19 (23 vs. trip)
Feats Skill Focus (Stealth), Weapon Finesse
Skills Acrobatics +8, Climb +11, Perception +5, Stealth +11 (+15 in undergrowth); Racial Modifiers +4 on Stealth in undergrowth
ECOLOGY
Environment any forest
Organization solitary or pair
Leopards are 4 feet long and weigh 120 pounds. The statistics presented here can describe any feline of similar size, such as jaguars, panthers, and mountain lions—what differentiates these big cats from the similarly sized cheetah is primarily their habitats—leopards and their kin prefer to hunt at night and ambush their prey from above, pouncing down from trees or high rocks.
Leopards eat almost any animal they can run down and catch, preferring Small prey but capable of downing Large herbivores or surviving on rodents, birds, and insects. Healthy leopards are generally not aggressive toward humanoids, and if they aren't hungry and don't feel threatened, it is possible to approach closely without a hostile reaction. Yet a leopard that settles in an area bordered by humanoid civilization can easily and swiftly become a dangerous predator.

Spells:
Orisons:all
1: Shillelagh, Cure light wounds x4
2: Barkskin, Cat's Grace, Flaming Sphere,

Equipment:
Dragonhide Breastplate 700 gp ACP -3 30 lbs
Ring of Protection +1 2,000 gp
Wand of Cure light Wounds 50 chg 750 gp
MW Elven Curved Blade 380 gp 7lbs
MW Comp Longbow 600 gp 3lbs
Explorer's Outfit
Riding horse with tack 124 gp
Backpack 2 gp 2lbs
silk rope 10 gp 5lbs
bedroll .1gp 5lbs
flint and steel 1 gp
10 days trail rations 5gp 10 lbs
tent 10 20 lbs on horse
2 belt pouches 2 gp 1 lb
10 sunrods 7on horse 20 gp (7lb and 3 lbs)
Quarterstaff 4 lbs
6 waterskins 5 on horse (4 and 20 lbs)
6 Quivers of 20 arrows 5 on horse 3lb and 15 lb
Encumbrance:76 lbs Medium load

Total Cost: 4616.1 gp

Last edited:

I'll be a little busy with work the next two to three days. Those who want to play should please post a character concept that includes the elements I detail in my OP--character name, race, class, what primary weapon you'll be using, an idea of skills and feats you think you'll select, and -- if you're a magic-user -- the nature of spells you think you'll be likely to call upon on a regular basis. Please check the OP to make sure you include all the elements that I requested (I may have left something out in this post, not sure). Again, a full-on backstory and character sheet are NOT necessary at this stage.

The deadline for concept pitches with the above info is Monday, November 9 at midnight U.S. Eastern time.

Shayuri

First Post
Here's the cut'n'paste from the OP, for reference sake: Preliminary things that I would like to see include: character name, race, class, alignment, primary weapon, and a rough estimate of feat and skill selection.

--------------

Mellisande, Gnome Sorceress
Chaotic Good
Small Crossbow or dagger
Feats: Metamagic, especially Silent Spell for its mischief potential, and I'll want to try to pick up Stealth...either as a class skill somehow or via Skill Focus, perhaps. Spell Focus in Illusion and/or Enchantment also very possible

Skills: Spellcraft, Stealth, Bluff mostly.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Lillana, Elf Druidess
Neutral Good
Elven Curved Blade
Feats: Martial Weapon Proficiency, Elven Curved Blade; Weapon Finesse

Skills: Climb 6, Knowledge Geography 8, Knowledge Nature 10, Ride 5, Swim 4, Perception 11, Handle Animal 7 (11 for Ra), Survival 11

Spells:
Orisons:all
1: Shillelagh, Cure light wounds x4
2: Barkskin, Cat's Grace, Flaming Sphere,

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Hey RJ, how did you get the following stats?

Str 14
Dex 18
Con 10
Int 10
Wis 16
Cha 10

Taking into account level increase and racial bonuses, that looks like a 23 point buy. I'm pretty new to PF though, so maybe I missed something?

rangerjohn

Explorer
Pathfinder uses a different point buy system. Starts at 10, 25 points, etc.
Look under getting started in the PRD. BTW my level up went into Wis.

I gave everyone a 15-pt point buy. Ability scores in Pathfinder have the following costs at character generation:

Raw Score / Cost:
7 / -4
8 / -2
9 / -1
10 / 0
11 / 1
12 / 2
13 / 3
14 / 5
15 / 7
16 / 10
17 / 13
18 / 17

Rhun

First Post
Pathfinder uses a different point buy system. Starts at 10, 25 points, etc.
Look under getting started in the PRD. BTW my level up went into Wis.

Right...so if you get a +2 DEX, +2 INT, and -2 CON from being an elf, and a +1 level up to WIS, your starting stats were:

Str 14 (5 points spent)
Dex 16 (10 points spent)
Con 12 (2 points spent)
Int 08 (get 2 points back)
Wis 15 (7 points spent)
Cha 10 (0 points spent)

That comes out to 22 point buy using the PF rules, not 15. That's why I was confused. I thought I missed something.

Remove ads