• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of Legend: The Sunless Citadel (IC)

Atanatotatos

First Post
Athanil looks at the woman addressing his group. A naked female elf in that foul-smelling place was indeed a strange sight, and he observed intently the woman. Not without some embarassment, since she was naked. Not an unpleasant sight, after all, except... something seemed slightly out of place...

[sblock=ooc]I rolled a spot check: 22[/sblock]

Yttermayn

First Post
"What?...Why do you look at me strangely? Did I do something wrong?" Though her experience with humanoids was very limited, the boon of her inherited instincts told her that even though their reaction wasn't hostile, it was also atypical. "Did say something strange? I am trying to warn you of the nasty creatures below, the ones that took others of your kind."

[sblock=OOC]Yeah, I know and planned on her not having clothing. Given her background, I wouldn't expect her to. Though hopefully when she is integrated into the party she can get a clue and find some rags or something. If Athanils spot is high enough, I imagine that when Merenita's mouth is closed it looks as though she is rolling her tounge around wildly, and when open, glimpses of what may look like black furry little clawed fingers moving around inside.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Wiggimuck

First Post
Smelly ones? Ringrill sniffs the air and looks down into the ravine. Where are they? We have been drawn to this place why we do not know, but we intend to find out. Do you know a way into the ravine and where it leads?

Max

First Post
Feeling momentum on his side, Kael looks over to the orc with an impassive glance, he stands tall, regal, powerful for his slender stature, "And what you say? You going with us?"

Kelset looks at all the speakers - from the human woman, to the loud dwarf, before settling his gaze on the bossy elf. "So, you all gonna look for them kids who gone missing? Ok, then. I'm going. Shoulda gone with them last time but couldn't get away from the forge," he shrugs.

"When we leaving? I need ta grab the rest of my gear.

Yttermayn

First Post
Merenita points to the pillar around which the rope is tied. "There, a rope drops to a ledge, and stairs decend below that. Four of the creatures are climbing up them. I know not their purpose, but I doubt it is pleasant. I think they are... cannibals." Her face is sqwunched up in distaste at the last word. "As for a way down, I suggest climbing. Or falling... I don't know what is at the bottom of the stairs besides more of the creatures. I have never had cause to go further in. Besides, if I start moving in on their territory, their anger might overcome their fear of me and I would have to leave my home." she finishes honestly.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: Going to move things along. Walking Dad, I'm writing out your character for the moment, with the door open to return.

The Ravine

The wolves' hackles are raised and both start snarling. Suddenly, Finlil's wolf takes off away from the ravine at top speed. Finlil takes off after it. Ringrill and Athanil have seen this happen before of course...Finlil's wolf is more than a little skittish.

The light doesn't reach very far into the ravine itself, but Ringrill, Athanil and Merenita can hear the voices of goblins somewhere below...coming up.

Ol' Boar Inn

Garon chuckles, his booming voice again carrying throughout the common room, at the question about the goblins and their apples, "Trustworthy goblin? That's rarer than a beardless dwarf and just as unnatural. They been trying to sell the things for well on to a decade now. Sometimes they get lucky and one of the locals gets enough coin and enough desperation to buy it. Works, too, near as I can tell. Old Farmer Jacoby bought one last summer and gave it to his youngest son after the boy got himself gored by their bull. Kid was near death and after he ate that apple, he was up on his feet and back to work the next day. Jacoby told me he tried to plant the seeds, but all he got was these scrawny little saplings that upped and vanished one night. He figured the goblins must have uprooted 'em or something in the middle of the night."

Garon looks over the gathering group appraisingly, "Well, if you folks are planning on going to the ravine, good luck to you."

Shrine of Pelor

Corky harumphs loudly, then starts speaking rather rapidly, "Brave and bold Sir Braford marched his foolish self and a few of the locals into the ravine to find out what was killing the local livestock. I imagine the goblins are feasting on his liver even as we speak. Of course, it's been a month, but these are goblins so I don't suppose they'd mind if the meat was a bit green and rancid. Anyway, Kelset, that's the blacksmith's apprentice, was going to go with them, but old Rurik, that's the blacksmith, wasn't having any of that. So, maybe talk to Kelset. He'd be at the forge or at the Ol' Boar, that's the local tavern and inn, by the way. Of course, you could talk to Garon, too. He's the innkeep and town gossip. Knows most everything about everyone here abouts. So, talk to Garon and Kelset. And Merchant Hucrele, that's the owner of the local general store, of course. It was her children, Sharwyn and Talgen, that took off with brave, bold and foolish Sir Braford. So, talk to Garon, and Kelset, and Merchant Hucrele."

She turns her back and goes about cleaning something, "Oh, and if you happen to see Erky, tell him he's a year overdue. Doesn't do to keep a lady waiting." She harumphs again with a sense of finality.

Yttermayn

First Post
Ooc: the savage species progression says it takes an 18 to notice the spinerettes, so yeah, athanil would notice some unusual organs in her mouth.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Delber nods sagely at teh Innkeeps words about the magic apple.

"so some kids dissapeared down ther and these goblins are selling apples and come from there. perhaps the goblins have seen or heard of something. I think finding these kids is rather important. How deep is this ravine?"

Atanatotatos

First Post
Athanil widens his arm to stop Ringrill in his track. Wait! he says, serious, Did you say there are cannibal creatures here? And you? Are you one of them, maybe? You're no elf, that is for sure.

Last edited:

Remove ads