• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of Legend: The Sunless Citadel (IC)

Yttermayn

First Post
Athanil widens his arm to stop Ringrill in his track. Wait! he says, serious, Did you say there are cannibal creatures here? And you? Are you one of them, maybe? You're no elf, that is for sure.

Merenita gets a disgusted look on her face. "Ewwww. Don't be gross! I am... Well, you are right, I am not an elf. I am... I think the word is 'fey'. I am an arenea. Please do not be alarmed, at least not by me. The creatures are still coming, and we need to resolve this quickly or leave... I will show you, but we must be prepared to deal with the threat below." Merenita triggers the change, once again becoming a large, sleek, eight-legged spider. The strips of sparkling chitin along her sides glitter a clean white light when she speaks again. "I'm trusting you."

ethandrew

First Post
"Maybe it is good you not go with children," Kael states to the smith apprentice. "Then it could be you who we are saving today." He looks at the other two, the young olive-skinned woman and the young, surly dwarf. What a rag-tag group, one Corashkael never imagined he would be a part of: a human, dwarf, half-orc, and then himself. He trusted them as far as the bent arrow flies, maybe not so much with the human, she seemed innocent and eager at the least.

"We can leave for ravine as soon as we want. I am ready now, but am full of patience." He keeps an ear trained on the fire-touched and the warrior-woman talking with Garon, catching brief mentions of goblins and ravines. It might be best to have them along if they are willing, but Kael is not quite sure how to approach the subject to them other than yelling across the tavern floor.

Shrugging he motions to the dwarf and speaks dwarven with a his elegant elven accent, "Have a drink with me and the young woman while we wait?"

Yttermayn

First Post
Though her current form is not able to express well in human terms, the irritation coming from Merenita is apparent. "You can sit and judge me all you like, but I am not staying here." She turns and gracefully starts to slide over the lip of the ravine.

Last edited:

Wiggimuck

First Post
Ringrill is blown away momentarily by her transformation into a spider. Whoa whoa, hold on. You have given us your trust with a warning of the odorous ones and revealed your true self to us. We in turn owe you the same. I am of the bear people in the frozen north and some of my own elders can transform into creatures such as you have.

Ringrill turns to Athanil, I do not suspect she means harm and we may need her guidance. In any case we must act fast if we will soon be joined by dangerous cannibals.

Ringrill takes a careful look over the edge again into the darkness of the ravine. If they are coming to us I want to see their faces first. Ringrill lights a torch and drops it down into the ravine where the rope is tied off, following the light with his eyes as it makes its rapid descent.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Lenya

“So, there actually seems to be some truth about the magic of the apples, then. I agree, that something should be done about the kids, I would help, but going there without a guide might be hazardous.”

Yttermayn

First Post
Merenita's eerily flexible body comes partway out of the ravine again, eight eyes seeming to focus on the two men. "Thank you for that, but I suggest we prepare to deal with these creatures. I will attack while they are vulnerable as they climb the last few feet of the cliff. I trust you two can handle whatever makes it topside and support me from above?"

Atanatotatos

First Post
Athanil looks at Ringrill and back at the giant spider, quietly. Finally, he decides: Fine. I will trust you instinct. Let us go. And without a word more, he follows Merenita.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads