• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Paths of Legend: The Sunless Citadel (IC)

evillyn666

First Post
Rashana

With a careful eye trained on the front of the group, the sorceress witnesses the dwarf disappear into the ground. She barely has time for a breathless gasp before the sickening thud of impact reaches her ears. She rushes forward with out hesitation to find Vardok at the bottom of the pit that is threatening to entomb him.

OOC: I’m assuming the trap door has some sort of hinge. Rashana will attempt to halt the trap door from closing by jamming her spear into space between the joint/hinge.

evillyn666

First Post
The young woman feebly plants her spear into the slowly closing maw of the trap door. Her heart is in the right place, but her muscle is woefully insufficient. "We have to stop this mechanism from closing.", she pleads for assistance.

OOC: STR check 1 :blush: Well that was than elegant.

ethandrew

First Post
Corashkael Ferahar - HP: 10 - AC: 17

Kael rushes to the edge of the pit, bow being drawn in an instant to assess the danger Vardok might have before attempt to jam the trap. And sure enough there seems to be a massive rat bearing down on the worse-for-wear dwarf. The surprise of it made his timing a little off as he releases his arrow at the unusually sized rodent.

Attack with Longbow from less-than-30' with an 11 on the attack for 8 damage.

maddmic

Explorer
Darik watches as things unfold before him. Knowing that there's not much he can do to keep the trap from closing, he climbs down into the pit and puts himself in between the dawrf and the rat.

OOC:
Posting now as I don't want to hold things up later today. If this requires a climb check (gulp) here it is. 1d20-2=6

If there is a chance that he can attack after the climb, he will.
1d20+4=19, 1d8+2=4

Also, I only subtracted 2 from the climb roll as I figured it might be too hard for Darik to climb down with his shield in hand.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: Initiative Order

20 - Rashana
18 - Kael
16 - Kelset
12 - Darik
12 - Dire Rat
08 - Merenita
08 - Delber
08 - Lenya
06 - Vardok
00 - Trap Door (Rounds until closed - 5)

OOC: Next action - Kelset (then Darik's action will take place, then we'll move on to the rat).

Max

First Post
Kelset steps up Rashana, where he can see that she won't be able to keep the trap from closing. ""Don't you worry, Rashana. Kord willing, you and me, we'll keep this thing open." He grabs onto the spear, and re-jams it into the hinge to keep it wedged open, pitting his powerful frame against the trap.

Kelset strength check (1d20+4=23)

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
The spring mechanism makes an awful screeching and grinding noise that echoes through the cavern as Kelset holds it open.

Darik starts to climb down into the pit but loses his grip and falls in instead.

Falling damage on Darik (1d6=4)

OOC: The fall negates the rest of Darik's action.

The rat pounces on fresh, squirming meat, attempting to gnaw on Vardok's leg.

Bite attack and damage (1d20+4=11, 1d4=4) The rat misses.

OOC: Initiative Order

20 - Rashana
18 - Kael
16 - Kelset
12 - Darik
12 - Dire Rat
08 - Merenita
08 - Delber
08 - Lenya
06 - Vardok
00 - Trap Door (Rounds until closed - 5)

OOC: Next action - Merenita

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads