• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Peeks at Complete Warrior and Players Guide to Faerun?

Rugger

Explorer
Just got my next batch of "Players Reward Card" for the RPGA Green Regent campaign...and they seem to list some stuff from Complete Warrior and Players Guide to Faerun on them! (no details, just names :) )

Complete Warrior
-Feats:Arcane Strike, Eyes in the back of your Head, Arterial Strike, Flick of the Wrist
-Prestige Classes: Justicar, Spellsword, Dark Hunter, Hunter of the Dead, Warshaper
-Core Classes(?): Hexblade, Swashbuckler

Players Guide to Faerun
-Prestige Classes: Justicar of Tyr, Morninglord of Lathander, Monk of the Long Death

Looks like Complete Warrior is gonna be a lot of revision to builder book stuff...Anyone else get some of these with new stuff?

-Rugger
"I Lurk!"

Wycen

Explorer
Arterial Strike, Flick of the Wrist, Spellsword, Hunter of the Dead.

Does this mean the above are being redone for 3.5? Is there any real reason they need to be redone?

hong

WotC's bitch
Wycen said:
Arterial Strike, Flick of the Wrist, Spellsword, Hunter of the Dead.

Does this mean the above are being redone for 3.5? Is there any real reason they need to be redone?
I think it's quite obvious that when they wrote S&F, they really didn't have a good handle on how prestige classes should work and how they should be designed. Which is entirely reasonable, since it was the first splatbook off the rank. So this is a chance for them to go back and correct their mistakes.

Oni

First Post
hong said:
I think it's quite obvious that when they wrote S&F, they really didn't have a good handle on how prestige classes should work and how they should be designed. Which is entirely reasonable, since it was the first splatbook off the rank. So this is a chance for them to go back and correct their mistakes.

Tried to resist urge, but couldn't help it. Not a single one of the things in the list you quoted is from Sword and Fist.

hong

WotC's bitch
Oni said:
Tried to resist urge, but couldn't help it. Not a single one of the things in the list you quoted is from Sword and Fist.
Well, I know what I mean, even if noone else does. :cool:

Marimmar

First Post
Seems like Hong meant that S&F was crap and that Wizards now brings out a worthy splatbook for fighter types without simply reprinting the old stuff.

~Marimmar

Remove ads