• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PH1: The Darque Demense (Bront judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
The stairs stay hinged at the top near Xir, but the bottom part just behind Abdul comes completely unfastened and the stairs with rail still connected both drop rapidly downward. Elthic swears in dwarven and everyone attempts to jump off the stairs, but as they push off upward, the force of them pushing away flattens out the stairs turning it into a slide. Abdul barely manages to catch his fingers on the rim of what was the floor in the front room, but as everyone slides downward, they run right into him and knock him down with them. But not before the cat climbs up Abduls body and arms and jumps free of the trap and safely into the room above.

The steep slide makes for a quick ride as the party tumbles down to a hard-packed earth floor with a crash. With their weight removed from it, the stairs are quickly pulled back upwards by some unseen mechanism and the steps fold back up and retract out of sight. With a clunk, the stairs reseal and become the ceiling of this now pitch black basement. Abdul and Eleria are suddenly blind without the low level of light which had filtered in through the windows upstairs. You do hear a scrape of something moving towards you though...until suddenly something moves near Eleria and she feels a blade cut into her from the darkness! Xir is also attacked, but seeing the threat he is easily able to dodge it.

You pick yourself up and see that you four are in the southwest corner of a 35'x30' room with stone walls, hard dirt floor, and a door in the north wall near the north-east corner. The door is partly blocked from sight though by a trio of sword weilding skeletons that are quickly advancing towards the party...

Round 1-Order of battle and conditions
-Skeleton 2: attacks and hits blind and flat-footed Eleria for 2 points of damage
-Skeleton 1: attacks Xir, but misses badly
-Xir (AC: 19, HP:12/12) -2 Str, >Used 1/4 CLW potion so far
-Abdul (AC:12, HP:5/5) -2 Dex, >Used 1/4 CLW potion so far
-Eleria (AC: 15, HP: 4/7) -1 Dex, >Used 1/4 CLW potion so far
-Skeleton 3: waiting to take action
-Elthic (AC:15, HP: 9/9)

Xir is up first in initiative (which is hidden in the sblock above until Eleria and Abdul can see). Then Eleria and Abdul are next, followed by Elthic.

Attachments

• DD-Basement.JPG
    DD-Basement.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Wik

First Post
[sblock=Phoenix]I thought that everyone had recovered their ability damage from the poison?[/sblock]

Picking himself up from the ground, Elthic begins brushing himself off, and then looks around. Uh oh... is about all he can say.

He makes a grunting sound, and hisses between his teeth, unable to say anything.

[sblock=Actions]
Attack on Skeleton 1 (1d20+2=15, 1d8=2)

Note = I rolled a d8 for damage there, but forgot to add the +3. Damage should actually be 5 points. Remember, I'm using my spear, so I think it winds up being next to nothing in damage.
[/sblock]

WarlockLord

First Post
Abdul mutters a few quick words, and casts light on a rock he finds on the floor (or some other small object), for Abdul can't see anyone.

[sblock=Spells Prepared]
0-acid splash, detect magic, (1 used)
1-ray of enfeeblement, magic missile, enlarge person
[/sblock]

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Eleria would've cast light, but since WL has already posted, Eleria will hear Abdul's mutterings and delay until after his turn before reassessing the situation. Not much she can do in the darkness either... oh, apart from get stabbed again.

Phoenix, please post an update with the light spell.[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Eleria waits while Abdul casts his light spell and the two of them then see the trio of skeletons around them attacking. Eleria can go now, then the third skeleton and Eltic's above posted actions will take place.

OOC: You can now see the 1st round Order of battle above in post #131, I un-sblocked it.

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
Without any further hesitation, Eleria draws her rapier and attacks the skeleton. Already injured, she calls out for assistance."Xir. Attack this one!"

Attack 6

[sblock=OOC]She would have no idea whether to use a slashing weapon or not, so I went with her primary melee weapon.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, my incredible luck with Invis Castle continues and she makes yet another useless check and it doesn't matter. How often does this blasted Invis Castle roll single digits!![/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Eleria is hit for a little damage by one of the skeletons in the darkness while another swings at Xir and misses. Xir attacks the creature back but misses as well. Abdul mutters a few words of magic and the rock in his hand begins to glow with a clear bright light. Eleria, now that she can see, stabs at the skeleton near her with her rapier but her blow is batted aside by it's scimitar. The third skeleton moves forward and swings at Xir, but misses also. Elthic stands and brushes himself off before stabbing at the nearest skeleton. He hits it solidly with his spear, but the blade slides between its hard ribs not damaging it at all seemingly.

Round 2-Order of battle and conditions
-Skeleton 2: Attacks Eleria with its sword, but she easily dodges out of the way
-Skeleton 1: Attacks Xir clumsily and he bats its scimitar aside
-Xir (AC: 19, HP:12/12) -2 Str, >Used 1/4 CLW potion so far
-Abdul (AC:12, HP:5/5) -2 Dex, >Used 1/4 CLW potion so far
-Eleria (AC: 15, HP: 4/7) -1 Dex, >Used 1/4 CLW potion so far
-Skeleton 3
-Elthic (AC:15, HP: 9/9)

OOC: I'l update the map tomorrow morning and attach it to this post. I only have it saved on my computer at work. :heh: Assume that the 3rd skeleton moved up beside Xir and the skeleton next to Eleria.

Attachments

• DD-Basement.JPG
    DD-Basement.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

WarlockLord

First Post
Abdul groans. "Mindless creatures...always mindless...at least I am prepared to deal with them today!"

He passes his hand in a vertical direction. The skeleton that is in battle with Xir explodes in little puffs of bone. "This spell really looks better when cast on a living creature."

[sblock=OOC]
Abdul pops a skeleton with magic missile for 1d4+1=5 points of damage.
[/sblock]

[sblock=spells]
0-acid splash, detect magic, (1 used)
1-ray of enfeeblement, enlarge person (1 used)
[/sblock]

Remove ads