• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PH1: The Darque Demense (Bront judging)

Wik

First Post
Elthic curses loudly as his spear gets tangled in the skeleton's ribs. "This isn't going to work! Cover me for a moment!"

He'll then take a five foot step out of combat, if possible, and dig through his backpack until he grabs his crowbar. Equipped with that (in two hands), he'll get ready for a fight next round.

OOC: Is that a -4 penalty on attacks, or is it just treated as a club?

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Updated the order of battle above to show what the skeletons who go first did. They both missed their targets. I'll start filling in their attacks with each new round's Order of battle since they are ahead of everyone in initiative. Once DEM posts for Eleria, I'll update with the next rounds OoB (Order of Battle) including the 3rd skeleton's attack.

Wik, if you want to retcon the above and go with the butt end of the spear instead, I'll allow it if it's posted before DEM posts for Eleria. Otherwise, I'll take the post as is and maybe someone else can pick up Elthic's spear and use it.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
Seeing that her last attack was futile, Eleria attempts to rally her comrades with her song as she tries to deflect the skeleton's attacks [Inspire Courage: +1 Attack, +1 Damage, +1 vs charm, +1 vs fear].

Phoenix8008

First Post
Round 2- Recap
-Two of the skeletons attack Eleria and Xir to no effect.
-Xir slices at and hits the skeleton before him, but his mindblade is unable to cut the bone of the creature. He tumbles out of the way to keep from being as surrounded. (I guessed on the location to put him since you didn’t specify)
-Abdul groans. "Mindless creatures...always mindless...at least I am prepared to deal with them today!" He passes his hand in a vertical direction. The skeleton that is in battle with Xir explodes in little puffs of bone but barely holds together. "This spell really looks better when cast on a living creature."
-Seeing that her last attack was futile, Eleria attempts to rally her comrades with her song as she tries to deflect the skeleton's attacks.
-The third skeleton swings it’s sword at Xir as well, but the Xeph’s armor blocks the blow.
-Elthic curses loudly as his spear gets tangled in the skeleton's ribs. "This isn't going to work! Cover me for a moment!" He digs through his backpack until he finds and grabs his crowbar. Hefting it upward, he makes ready to bash some bones!

Round 3-Order of battle and conditions
-Skeleton 2: Slapping Eleria’s rapier to the side, the skeleton stabs it’s scimitar deep up into her abdomen…and out between her shoulder blades! Her eyes go wide as she gags and coughs up a mouthful of blood, silencing her song. In the sudden silence, the beat of her song seems to echo through each persons mind…hammering slowly like a fading heartbeat as her motionless body is dumped rudely to the ground... (12 hp of damage, crit was confirmed. Inspire courage effect will continue for 5 rounds.)
-Skeleton 1: Turning to attack Elthic this time after being nearly blasted to bits by Abdul, the skelton finds better luck as its strike cuts Elthic deep in the leg. (4 hp of dmg, possible crit- not confirmed)
-Xir (AC: 19, HP:12/12) -2 Str, +1 Atk, +1 Dmg, +1 saves vs. Charm & Fear, >Used 1/4 CLW potion so far
-Abdul (AC:12, HP:5/5) -2 Dex, +1 Atk, +1 Dmg, +1 saves vs. Charm & Fear, >Used 1/4 CLW potion so far
-Eleria (AC: 15, HP: -8/7) Dying, -1 Dex, +1 Atk, +1 Dmg, +1 saves vs. Charm & Fear, >Used 1/4 CLW potion so far
-Skeleton 3: waiting to take action
-Elthic (AC:15, HP: 5/9) +1 Atk, +1 Dmg, +1 saves vs. Charm & Fear

Xir is up next, followed by Abdul then Elthic. Eleria gets no action this round unless she is healed up to at least 0 HP.

Attachments

• DD-Basement.JPG
    DD-Basement.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 80

Phoenix8008

First Post
Round 3
- Slapping Eleria’s rapier to the side, the skeleton stabs it’s scimitar deep into her abdomen…and out through her shoulder blades! She gags and coughs up a mouthful of blood, silencing her song, though in the sudden silence, it’s beat seems to echo through each persons mind…hammering slowly like a fading heartbeat…
- Turning to attack Elthic this time, the skelton finds better luck as its strike cuts Elthic deep in the leg.
- Realizing the unworthiness of his blade, Xir instead uses his inspiration to attempt to bash the creature with his shield. The move is, however, awkward and does not hit solidly enough to damage the skeleton.
- Abdul groans. He uses on of his curative potions on Eleria, so that he doesn't have to cover the flank.
- As Abdul pours the potion into her mouth and over her wounds, they heal somewhat. Her ragged breathing becomes less severe, and though she is still unconscious it seems that she is stable now at least.
- The final skeleton attacks Xir again, but the blow is weak and easily deflected.
- Elthic grunts in pain, and then tries to crack the Skeleton's skull. Unfortunately, he's a little too short, and the attack misses by several inches.

Round 4-Order of battle and conditions
-Skeleton 2: The skeleton moves a bit to attack Xir and hits with the bloody blade for 6 points of damage.
-Skeleton 1: Attacking Elthic again, the skelton finds it harder to hit him this time as the dwarf easily ducks the swing of it’s blade.
-Xir (AC: 19, HP:6/12) -2 Str, +1 Atk, +1 Dmg, +1 saves vs. Charm & Fear, >Used 1/4 CLW potion so far
-Abdul (AC:12, HP:5/5) -2 Dex, +1 Atk, +1 Dmg, +1 saves vs. Charm & Fear, >Used 2/4 CLW potion so far
-Eleria (AC: 15, HP: -4/7) Unconscious & Stable, -1 Dex, +1 Atk, +1 Dmg, +1 saves vs. Charm & Fear, >Used 1/4 CLW potion so far
-Skeleton 3: waiting to take action
-Elthic (AC:15, HP: 5/9) +1 Atk, +1 Dmg, +1 saves vs. Charm & Fear

Attachments

• DD-Basement.JPG
    DD-Basement.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 78

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads