• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pirate/Seafairing Campaign - Players Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Bront said:
It looks like Frukathka and I will be the dread pirates (Anyone else is welcome to wrestle Fru for the change to be the other one, but I get to be the first one :p ).

I'm going to be a ninny and make a generaly good pirate. If Fru goes the other way, then so be it, and it might be fun. I'm just not feeling particularly evil.
Actually I'm not in the mood for that, I thought it might be a team effort thing. So I'll swing the other way and be one of your characters' underlings, Bront.

Bront

The man with the probe
Frukathka said:
Actually I'm not in the mood for that, I thought it might be a team effort thing. So I'll swing the other way and be one of your characters' underlings, Bront.
Works for me. We'll get everything/one sorted out eventualy.

Sorry to hear that BS. Don't say I didn't try though :p

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Bront said:
Sorry to hear that BS. Don't say I didn't try though :p

I do appreciate it. :) I'm just picky. (Plus I will be moving across country in less than a month so I’m not sure how consistent I will be in my posting durning that.)

Sleeping Dragon

First Post
Still interested in playing...I'll be looking to use the marshal class from the Miniatures Handbook. There's a full write-up of the class on the Wizards of the Coast site: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20030906b

Basic character concept - my character is Dimitrous Theodon, aka Dim, the youngest son of the powerful and respected Theodon noble family. The family has become vastly rich and influential through generations of great military commanders and shrewd merchants, and each successive generation has been instilled with the notion that they live for the greater glory of their family. They have been taught to fight and live with honour and bravery at all times.

When young, Dimitrous began to study military tactics, but compared to his elder brothers and his father (all famed generals and warriors) he clearly lagged behind. The rigid and straight-laced nature of his family conflicted strongly with his own carefree and emotional nature. He became a pariah in the family, who gave him the mocking nickname of Dim and tried endlessly to constrain what he could do, so that he would not bring shame to the family's name. Dim was angry and began to study in earnest, becoming a skilled leader, but he wanted to forge an identity for himself rather than be defined by what family he came from. In the end the conflict was too much, and Dim disowned his family and left to seek out his destiny on the high seas. He's driven to show up his family at every turn - to gain greater fortune and acclaim, to win greater glory in battle, and to prove himself more cunning and more daring than any of them.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I am currently considering working up a druid/master of many forms character. Just wondering: would it be a good idea to have access to Mongooses Seas of Blood or Bastion Press's Into the Blue or even Fantasy Flights' Seafarers Handbook? I can only afford one of the three so which one should I get?

Argent Silvermage

First Post
I'm thinking a half elf (sea elf) probably ranger. The character's basic concept is he was lured by thoughts of his fathers underwater kingdom and while unable to breath water he still wants to find and meet his father and live with him under the waves.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Argent Silvermage said:
I'm thinking a half elf (sea elf) probably ranger. The character's basic concept is he was lured by thoughts of his fathers underwater kingdom and while unable to breath water he still wants to find and meet his father and live with him under the waves.
Races of Faerûn has the Half-Aquatic Elf racial write up and at the expense of a feat you can gain water breathing. If you'd like I could scan up this info, pdf & zip it, then send it your way.

Sleeping Dragon

First Post
A few questions re: magic items;

1) I know we've only got magic items from the DMG, but can we possibly boost them up slightly? Specifically, I'm looking at the eyes of the eagle - they grant a +5 bonus on Spot checks. Can I get an updated version that gives +10, using the item creation guidelines to boost up their cost? Should be 10000 gp by my calculations.

2) We have a maximum of 4 permanent magic items - can we add new abilities onto items to effectively create one item with the powers of two (with the 50% increase in cost for each additional power)? Looking at a +2 cloak of charisma and resistance, specifically.

3) I'm looking to make Dim an archer, and so I'm wondering about magical arrows. Can I count these as my 4 scrolls, since Dim will have no way of using scrolls anyway? And just to be sure - I assume 4 scrolls and 6 potions means 4 scrolls and 6 potions, rather than 4 and 6 types (ex. 12 potions of cure light wounds = 1 potion.) Might be a bit difficult to swing with an archer, but I can live with it if that's what you're looking to run.

Bront

The man with the probe
Sleeping Dragon, remember that magic bonuses from Arrows and Bows don't stack, only special abilities, so you might be better off simply going with a cool magic bow. But I guess having a few utility arrows wouldn't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads