D&D 5E Planegea: Prehistoric Fantasy

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Yeah there was a free PDF for the whole thing, essentially a big fan project. Looks like they are repackaging it with slicker design/art to put on KS. Power to them!
Yeah, the only other PDF I could find was about 53 pages long. This looks fantastic. Cannot wait to pour through the previews and get this to the table.

pukunui

Legend
I agree with the sentiment, but I didn’t see a wealth of scantily clad women and none of the overally sexualized type I really detest
Were we looking at the same art? All the women I saw were wearing variations on the cave woman bikini; had toned bodies with no body hair; were posed in "sexy" ways, etc etc. Whereas the men mostly just looked buff or were given standard action poses and generally had more clothing on.

planegea-characters-montage-web.jpg

See also the dryad stand-in, the two women fighting the t-rex, the blue-skinned woman riding the mammoth on the cover of the preview, the woman crouching by the fire in the cave, the woman snuggled up with the wolves, and so on.

If I was a teenage boy, I'm sure I would love it. As a father of three girls, I am disappointed that this sort of sexist art is still so prevalent in my favorite hobby.

Last edited:

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Were we looking at the same art? All the women I saw were wearing variations on the cave woman bikini; had toned bodies with no body hair; were posed in "sexy" ways, etc etc. Whereas the men mostly just looked buff or were given standard action poses and generally had more clothing on.

See also the dryad stand-in, the two women fighting the t-rex, the blue-skinned woman riding the mammoth on the cover of the preview, the woman crouching by the fire in the cave, the woman snuggled up with the wolves, and so on.

If I was a teenage boy, I'm sure I would love it. As a father of three girls, I am disappointed that this sort of sexist art is still so prevalent in my favorite hobby.

We're really calling this scantily clad?

1634347891072.png

I agree with your sentiment in general but I don’t find that particular image and pose sexualized. The male also has a toned body. I haven’t looked at the QuickStarter pdf so I have no feel whatsoever if the other art is provocative and sexualized. Just commenting on that image.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I've never understood the prudishness of some gamers. Their collars and cuffs not up to Emily Post standards? They're stone age fantasy heroes. So of course they better dress to modern sensibilities. Maybe just let people like things you don't. It's okay to let people like things.
I agree with your sentiment in general but I don’t find that particular image and pose sexualized. The male also has a toned body. I haven’t looked at the QuickStarter pdf so I have no feel whatsoever if the other art is provocative and sexualized. Just commenting on that image.
There's nothing sexualized about the images in the preview.

Remove ads