Planescape - Divided We Stand • Chapter 1: The Drawing of the Five

Antithetist

First Post
Khalil looks around for a long moment before moving, trying to get a sense of his situation before committing himself. Finding himself unrestrained and seemingly unharmed, he slowly sits up and perches himself on a corner of the bed frame, looking carefully around at these others - his captors? No, more likely his companions in misfortune, given their seeming disorientation that matches his own.

He blinks, trying to puzzle out what can have happened. He remembers being attacked - those people must have been skilled and well-organised to have bested the guards at the dig. And just what was their interest in it all? He was clubbed, and lost consciousness - but wait. He runs a hand through his hair, feeling his scalp. No bruising, no tenderness. And this strange place, his clothing dirtied, these strange beings here with him... None of it seems to add up.

"Who are you beasts and why have you brought me here?"

Khalil's eyes widen. "Pardon me," he says after a moment, with admirable composure, "but I must contradict you. I am no beast, and I had no hand in bringing you here. Does anybody know where we are?"

Shayuri

First Post
Etrigan feigned unconsciousness for a few moments after waking up, and watched the others through slitted eyes. Suddenly Vorrin was looming over him, offering one mottled hand to help him up. Etrigan clasped hands and let Vorrin haul him to his feet. He then dusted himself off and had a proper look around.

"I can't say where we are," he said cagily, "But I can tell you where we're not. We're not in an immediately dangerous location, and that my new friends, is a great and wonderful thing. Now...as for what to do now, I think someone with good ears ought to head over to that door and see if he can't get a sign of anything on the far side."

Baronsquee

First Post
Vorrin moves slowly toward the door, but rather than putting his ear to it he stands a few feet away, letting the pulsing light from under the door wash across his face. He closes his eyes and seems to be lost in thought.

Listen roll: 16

"I am Vorrin," mutters the githzerai. His eyes remain closed. "There is, perhaps, time at least for basic introductions."

Voda Vosa

First Post
Feleghost doesn't move an inch from his spot, listening, watching, as everyone seems not to notice him for now. In his mind, he debates about the possible repercussions of showing up. Last time he did so, he ended up killing a man in front of his daughter. A rather fresh memory to risk it, for now.

ethandrew

First Post
Pinder relaxes a bit, his spear dipping in height and away from its position of lethality. It appears, for now, that these others are in the same situation as himself: lost, confused, and upset. He watches the large, green beastly figure listen at the door, and waits to speak until it seems the act of listening was complete, "There is another in this room, unseen but heard."

Baronsquee

First Post
At the chimpanzee's words, Vorrin turns his attention back to the room, his eyes roving the room for another presence that he had perhaps missed.

Spot: 26
Search: 21
Listen: 20

GM: I didn't know whether it'd be Spot or Search, so I rolled both. If it's spot, I noticed Feleghost. If it's Search, I didn't. But I heard him!

Baronsquee

First Post
Slowly and deliberately Vorrin slides his shortsword from its scabbard. The blade of the weapon is pocket with tarnish. He takes the weapon in both hands and levels the point at the silhouette lurking in the shadows.

"Step forward", Vorrin mutters, "and show yourself, else I will come there and extract an introduction by force."

Remove ads