[Planescape/Gestalt] Coils within Coils

Shoel Sweeny

First Post
Ferrix said:
Shoel, where would Magnus have a flop for his itinerant self in Sigil? Suggestions?

Any of these potential patrons could provide Magnus with a residance and employment.

There are many ways for a competant cutter to be pulling for jinx in the City of Doors. If Magnus ins't too proud he can guide the clueless to and fro across Sigil for enough to keep him in an able ale house, but I'd measure Magnus as being a fair bit over-qualified for a tout job.

Since Faction Fever has swept the Cage every sod and blood alike have been searching Sigil and beyond for clues and research dating back to former Faction activities, a cutter that's not afraid of making as many enemies as coin can earn himself a tidy fortune by selling information between Factotums.

Cirily, an out of favor with Arborea Eladrin who's also head honcho of the Planarists Sect is looking to hire bashers as muscle for her guild. She's not the most noble of patrons, but a body could do alot worse. Speaking of doing worse, Shemeska the Marauder has been known to take a keen intrest in Binders since their lore reappeared to the Planes shortly after the faction war. (more on this later) Employment with the Arcanaloth would be highly lucrative, though probably fataly dangerous.

The City Gaurd, easily the most independant and new of Sigil's new powers that be, is constantly looking for a strong arm and good leader. The gaurd lacks the idealisim of the Sons of Mercy and the heavy-handedness of the Sodkillers. With steady employment and a good chance that there's no one intrested enough in the city guard to be pulling your strings, the City Gaurd might be of interest to those who seek a more laid back approach.

And while we're on the topic of the Sons of Mercy, chant is a few of their members have run aground in Sigil's almost palpable apathy, they've fallen from their factions good graces but still see it as their duty to upold the Martyrs cause. To this end, they're hiring every sell sword and mercenary they can buy off of to join the Minders Guild (a front orginazation of the Sodkillers) and wreck the Brute's reputation and ambitions. The pay is handsome, so this sort of triple-crossery mercenary work could be something for Magnus to consider as well.

A general adventurers organization can be found in the Planewalkers Guild. The group is relatively popular and gets dicounts on magic weapons, spell componets, and other travelling gear for a small montly fee. A good fit for independant sorts, the guild cartographs, treasure hunts, and occasionally sells themselves out as mercenaries or bodygaurds.

-

As for place of rest, Magnus would be best off living on the road in a tavern or street then getting a home in Sigil proper. A permanent residence ungaurded in The Cage is like leaving your favorite rat unattended in the Cat Lords personal den. It won't be there for long, and everyone around's going to be mighty amused by it. Possible locations could include a (well hidden and small) but possibly lavish shanty in the slums, a modest apartment full of smog in the Lower Ward, or all the living space of a midget gnome in the Ladys and Clerks Ward.

As another alternative, there are plenty of inns and ale-houses that'll fit Magnus for sleep. There's at least three dozen flophouses in every ward, did you have a preferance on which ward to reside in before I offer suggestions?

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Kafkonia said:
That works for me. Since they'd both have been recent visitors to the Prime, I could see them gravitating towards one another -- especially if she showed Aki any kindness. He's a friendly sort, and not too happy when humanoids run away from him screaming "midget Slaad!" :)

That's fine with me. Saelya is nice, if maybe a little bit assertive.

Btw, I don't think you'd have to worry about people screaming 'midget slaad'. Those berks on the Prime are clueless as to what a Slaad is, let alone Slaad-kin. ;) Ahhh, PS lingo. Totally out of practice.

Shoel Sweeny

First Post
Dog Moon said:
That's fine with me. Saelya is nice, if maybe a little bit assertive.

Btw, I don't think you'd have to worry about people screaming 'midget slaad'. Those berks on the Prime are clueless as to what a Slaad is, let alone Slaad-kin. ;) Ahhh, PS lingo. Totally out of practice.

mm, feels good to be back in the groove eh? :D

Anyway, intresting observation, if Shayuri makes the final addition to the group you'll be riding the very middle road of the alignment ethical line with three orderly folk and three chaotics.

nonamazing

Explorer
Shoel Sweeny said:
On Ronthias's attacks line, should his bonus for flurry of blows be +7/+7?

Ah, you are correct. I believe I made a mistake. I will certainly fix that.

Shoel Sweeny said:
I'm assuming Ronthias and Halidon are touring the Outlands, hoping for enlightenment, do you have a particular city or location you'd prefer them to start of in once the game begins?

Ronthias sees Halidon as being too used to city life, so he insists that the two of them travel and camp in the wilderness. Ronthias pushes Halidon to find his own food, water, and shelter, making the entire trip into a grueling training exercise.

Shoel Sweeny

First Post
nonamazing said:
Ronthias sees Halidon as being too used to city life, so he insists that the two of them travel and camp in the wilderness. Ronthias pushes Halidon to find his own food, water, and shelter, making the entire trip into a grueling training exercise.

*taps fingertips in Mister Burns impression* eeexcellent

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Shoel Sweeny said:
Anyway, intresting observation, if Shayuri makes the final addition to the group you'll be riding the very middle road of the alignment ethical line with three orderly folk and three chaotics.

Ahhh, so we have varying alignments and varying Factions. Could be very interesting, assuming we don't all kill each other. :)

Shayuri

First Post
Mei Ying's posted sheet has been updated!

Background and contacts added. It's on page 2, at the bottom.

Lemme know if anything's missing, and it shall be filled in post-haste!

Shoel Sweeny

First Post
Shayuri said:
Mei Ying's posted sheet has been updated!

Background and contacts added. It's on page 2, at the bottom.

Lemme know if anything's missing, and it shall be filled in post-haste!

Great job on the character history and relations Shayuri. Feel free to post Mei Ying in the Rogues Gallery.

Ferrix

Explorer
Shoel Sweeny said:
Speaking of doing worse, Shemeska the Marauder has been known to take a keen intrest in Binders since their lore reappeared to the Planes shortly after the faction war. (more on this later) Employment with the Arcanaloth would be highly lucrative, though probably fataly dangerous.

Sounds like the kind of thing Magnus would be up for, the greatest test of the will and body.

Sounds like round house flops would be best then, perhaps a tavern or inn he frequents in the Merchant's Ward, somewhere out of the way but where he can get to his employer (Shemeska) without too much trouble.

Remove ads