Player Characters are not fiction characters

Chain Lightning

First Post
s/LaSH wrote:
Fiction: The villain has the heroic fighter hauled before him, bound in unbreakable chains, and starts torturing his loved ones just because he's evil. Finally unable to take any more, our hero screams from the soul, and explodes in radiant golden light! "What is this?" gasps the villain, to be met with a level stare from the hero. "Your fate is sealed."

Game: The villain has the heroic fighter hauled before him, bound in unbreakable chains, and starts torturing his loved ones just because he's evil. Finally, unable to take any more, the player screams from the soul, and explodes in radiant golden light! "What is this?" gasps the DM, to be met with a level stare from the player. "Your fate is sealed," says the player, and everyone else agrees that the DM has gone too far this time...

Can I edit your entry a little?

Fiction: The villain has the heroic fighter hauled before him, bound in unbreakable chains, and starts torturing his loved ones just because he's evil. Finally unable to take any more, our hero screams from the soul, and explodes in radiant golden light! "What is this?" gasps the villain, to be met with a level stare from the hero. "Your fate is sealed."

Game: The villain has the heroic fighter hauled before him, bound in unbreakable chains, and starts torturing his loved ones just because he's evil. Finally, unable to take any more, the player screams from the soul, rolls a "1" and fails to explode in radiant golden light. So the hero just strains feeble like in his chains after his dramatic yell. "What was that?" asks the villian, to be met with an embarrassed comment from the hero. "Uh.....nevermind......"

Frostmarrow

First Post
Fiction: The foul Lord Murdous grabbed the young princess and put a knife to her delicate throat. "You take one step closer and I'll finish this wench." The silvery knight stopped in his tracks and slowly laid down his sword on the muddled floor.

Game: The foul Lord Murdous grabbed the Holy Avenger and put a Rod of Cancellation to it's delicate edge. "You take one step closer and I'll cancel this blade." The silvery knight stopped in his tracks and slowly laid down his back up on the muddled floor.

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Frostmarrow said:
Fiction: The foul Lord Murdous grabbed the young princess and put a knife to her delicate throat. "You take one step closer and I'll finish this wench." The silvery knight stopped in his tracks and slowly laid down his sword on the muddled floor.

Game: The foul Lord Murdous grabbed the Holy Avenger and put a Rod of Cancellation to it's delicate edge. "You take one step closer and I'll cancel this blade." The silvery knight stopped in his tracks and slowly laid down his back up on the muddled floor.
Or:

Game: The foul Lord Murdous grabbed the young princess and put a knife to her delicate throat. "You take one step closer and I'll finish this wench." The silvery knight yells "Roll Initiative", confident that he can raise the princess at the temple later.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Fiction:

"At the back of the Inn, a mysterious figure watched them all closely. Now was the time to see if they had the potential to be true heroes. He would set them a task..."

Game:

"You can see a bunch of normal townsfolk, three barmaids and..."
"I cast detect thoughts."
"What? Ack!"

Carnifex

First Post
Forrester said:
Fiction: "And I bequeath to you, young warrior, the Holy Blade of Lumaellor. With it your foes shall fall before you like rain."

Gaming: "And I bequeath to you, young warrior, the Holy Blade of . . . "

PC#1: Crap! It's a longsword! I don't HAVE Weapon Specialization: Longsword.

PC#2: Yeah, but what's the enhancement bonus on it? +3? +4? Your Greatsword is only +1.

PC#1: True, but that's what Greater Magic Weapon is for, dingus. I've got Shocking and Flaming on my greatsword. My guess is that the Holy Sword of Whatsit doesn't have them.

PC#2: Perhaps, but it'd be nice to not have to worry about Dispel Magic bringing that down.

PC#1: But how many foes do we face that have both Dispel Magic and DR? Not many at the moment. This guy wants us to go fight giants -- they don't have either.

PC#2: You make a good point. I think you'll maximize your damage potential sticking with the greatsword.

PC#1: On the other hand, I don't want to offend this guy. He's probably going to give us a reward if we kill the things he wants us to kill.

PC#2: Oh, just take it. We'll sell it in the next town.

So, so true :D

Psion

Adventurer
Fiction: The tables having turned, villain grimaces and yells "you have bested me this time, but we shall meet again!" and dashes off into the foilage.

The hero sheaths his sword, knowing that the day of reckoning is not today, but soon... soon...

Game:The tables having turned, villain grimaces and yells "you have bested me this time, but we shall meet again!" and dashes off into the foilage.

Fighter: Oh no you don't! I use my quick draw and rapid shot to fill him full of arrows before he can get out of sight! Don't forget my +2 for weapon specialization.

Monk: Don't worry... I'm WAY faster than him. If he runs from me, he'll only die tired.

lokiqc

Explorer
Fiction
The heroes infiltrate an evil cult temple. They see black robed persons in the distance and proceed to hide themselves to get closer to have a look. They then watch in horror as it is revealed that the cultist are leading a bunch of children to their sacrifice altar. They then concert and devise a plan to finally rid the world of that evil cult and get the children to safety.

PCs
The heroes infitrate the temple see black robed persons

Mage: I cast empowed fireball

'nuff said
:)

Negative Zero

First Post
ROTFLMAO
these are awesome!!!!

Chain Lightning said:
...the player screams from the soul, rolls a "1" and fails to explode in radiant golden light. ... "Uh.....nevermind......"

LOL ... funny, that's exactly what i thought s/LaSH was gonna say when i first read his post! great stuff in here!

~NegZ

Gospog

First Post
This is a great thread!

Psion, your post made me cringe. Every time, man! Aggh!

Anyway, this is from Star Wars D20, not D&D, but here goes:

Fiction:

Toydarian Tech: "Say, Master Jedi, my ship is needing the repair, maybe the upgrade, yes? Where can an honest being buy starship parts hereabouts? Maybe some weapons, eh?"

Jedi Master: "Genarius is a world rich in commerce, but I'd be careful where you buy your weapons, friend."

In Game:

Toydarian Tech: "Give me the guns. I want the cannons."

Jedi Master: "Um, who are you? What???"

Unfortuneately a true account.

Remove ads