Please Support Eberron!

Talmek

Explorer
For anyone who doesn't know me: Hi! I'm Keith Baker, the creator of the Eberron campaign setting. I've been doing what I can to push for new official support for the setting in the future, and in the meantime I've been providing unofficial support on my website. But the fact of the matter is that I don't know how much interest there really is in continued support for Eberron. So if you want to see more Eberron, I need your help.

Hi Keith,

I for one am (was?) a huge fan of the Eberron setting within 3.5e and thoroughly enjoyed running multiple campaigns using your setting as our backdrop. I could regale you with multiple conspiracy theories about the source of the wasteland that was The Mournland, stories about how we ran through Sharn chasing cultists and one character finally finding the source of her new power in Xen'drik...

But alas, I have yet to hear or see much in the way from WotC regarding my favorite campaign setting within the 5th edition ruleset. Hopefully we will be able to see something in the future - please keep us updated!

Best of luck!

Yaarel

He Mage
WotC needs an OGL (Open Gaming License) for D&D 5e.

Specifically, it seems fair for an independent company to reprint some or all of the Basic Rules, as part of a larger product, then sell that product as ‘compatible’ with 5e.

That way, people can confidently own their own contributions, and feel safer about contributing to and investing in 5e.

With regard to Eberron, it is a trusted brandname. When an OGL is available, it is possible for an independent to market the Eberron setting.

That way, WotC has no risk, and D&D 5e fans can enjoy an official Eberron setting as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Yaarel

He Mage
Has any website developed a 5e ‘clone’ using the 3e OGL?

The 3e system is reasonably similar to 5e. Can it be made compatible with it?

Last edited:

Remove ads