Polearm Champion fighter 3 remaining ASI?

WilliamCQ

Explorer
For RAW w/ a single splatbook, none chosen yet (but I could pick something from one and it would be my choice).

Champion fighter w/ 3 remaining ASI having Polearm Master, Str 20, Con & Dex 16, Resilient: dexterity. Should I go for Con 20 right away (thus wait for my last ASI for something else) or go for something else? Multiple of my fighter end up with Con 16 and I'm ok w/ it, although having a higher Con is a good match for the feature Survivor, but it's not something I'm insisting on (just want to keep in mind).

What you be good ASI choices?
Thank you kindly

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Then I highly suggest HAM. While 3 non-magical slashing, piercing and bludgeoning damage reduction doesn't sound like a lot, that's per attack.

Shiroiken

Legend
Great Weapon Master, especially if you have some way to semi-reliably get advantage (such as a Wolf Totem Barbarian in your party). Even if you can't, it will still be useful against low AC opponents pretty often.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Hmm... depends on how defensive you want to be.
Personally I'd go for HAM (beating Sentinel only by virtue of not requiring your OA), then Sentinel, then GWM for defensive, or inverse that for offensive.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I vote for one of these:
magic initiate: hex (once per day to be used on the biggest enemy you find). Lot's of extra damage then and helps you knock the enemy prone with one of your attacks by making their strength/dex checks suck so that you can get advantage and greatly increase your crit chance.
Mobile: extra movement and the ability to move through enemies to get to the important targets
Lucky: Best all around feat for a fighter to improve saves and skill checks. A really fun feat to have on a fighter.

Of course as other's have mentioned, heavy armor master, GWM, and sentinel are all solid choices too. I don't think they will be as fun of choices though ;)

Sacrosanct

Legend
So you're starting at level 20?

Otherwise, I'd suggest letting the game play out and see what makes the most sense when the time comes to choose. A million things can happen in the game to sway you one way or the other.

Remove ads