Votes: 22 6.8%

Votes: 4 1.2%

Votes: 7 2.2%

Votes: 2 0.6%

Votes: 26 8.0%

Votes: 1 0.3%

MadMaxim

First Post
I voted -2. I'm interested in seeing how it all turns out, but I think they're rushing development. 3.x edition is far too young to be replaced by a 3.75 edition disguised as 4th edition... 3.5 hasn't even matured yet and I don't like some of the details that have been announced, but I'm basing my opinions on speculation, so you'll have to take them with a grain of salt. See this thread for some slightly unhappy reactions including mine: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=204431

WhatGravitas

Explorer
8 - I'm excited, and the stuff they're talking about alone would be enough to write a better PHB right now. But I may miss some stuff (there was cool stuff lately, like MIC) and I'm, of course, waiting to see the physical product.

Cheers, LT.

Winterthorn

Monster Manager
I'm ready down on the rules changes towards high magic!

I am at -3. It will take a lot to woo me at this point...

I just read the Saturday news page and I'm turned off by everything accept the charcater and dungeon creation software and the ability to have live D&D games online manged by a human DM online rather than an AI. Online D&D featuring human decison-making replacing AI decision-making may compete well against MMORPGs. 6 people and a DM all online seems more intimate and friendly than those hugely populated online games.

So only the new technology intrigues me.

The rules changes leaning towards intensifying the level of magic in the game? Yuck!

Looks like 4E is intrinsically high magic - I don't want that. Nope. Not. At. All.

Kaodi

Hero
3 for me. I am excited because it is new, and it looks like it is going to make some cool changes, but I am wary that Eberron is going to be somehow screwed over by an even marginally advanced timeline, and I am going to university, finally (at 23) so I am not going to have the money to put out on a lot of new books.

delericho

Legend
I really like the idea of a 4e, and felt like it was about the right time.

However, a large portion of what I've heard and seen so far doesn't impress me. I'm thinking of trying to go "spoiler free", although that may well mean stepping away from the community for ten months, which doesn't appeal.

Vague Jayhawk

First Post
I voted 5.

I am curious, but wary. So far, I like what I hear about rules changes. The Digital Initiative and the delivery of info through the computer has me a bit concerned.

I must be a sucker. I already have a huge bookshelf of stuff from 3 previous versions on my bookshelf.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Four pages of ENWorld are now overloaded with 4e threads (including my own!)- which I hate!

I still think that 3.5 needs time to evolve further before something replaces it entirely
I'm less than enthused about a new edition and the 'leaks' whilst still vague don't look all that wonderful, they don't go as far as I want them too perhaps?:(. I may be suprised though and thus I voted -5 (rather than -9+)

CalicoDave

Explorer
I voted "0".

It's too soon to make any decisions. I've heard some stuff that sounds good; I've heard some stuff that sounds bad. I'll have to wait until it's out and people are playing it before deciding.

Also, I figure each of the three core books will run $35 to $40 based upon current RPG book prices, so I'm not looking forward shelling out $100+ for just the core books to a new version of the game. (Yeah, I know, dollars per time spent playing is quite low but 100 bucks is 100 bucks).

Agamon

Adventurer
I kinda don't care. I'm having fun with the speculation and debates right now, so that bumps it up a bit, but I'm upset that my Pathfinder and Gamemastery subs will be ended a lot sooner than I had hoped.

Remove ads