Votes: 22 6.8%

Votes: 4 1.2%

Votes: 7 2.2%

Votes: 2 0.6%

Votes: 26 8.0%

Votes: 1 0.3%

Dark Psion

First Post
Overall, I am at 0, but everytime I start to read info on 4E, I go into negative numbers.

I like what I am hearing abut the actual 4E game; Racial leveling, Bo9S aspects, SAGA skill system and such, but every question ends with the same "Wizard's Insider will have the full information."

I have no intrest in the insider, but the way they keep pushing it, they are making it sound like if you don't subscribe, you can't play our game anymore. So one one hand they get my attention, but then it's "But we are not going to tell you :p ".

They seem to forget that there are still many people who are not online, who don't use credit cards online, who don't play warcraft, who don't have a PC and who don't need a website just to create a character. I worked out a new one in my head at work this week (an Eberron Inquisitive Monk/Factotum).

Right now I am wait and see. I have plenty of books to play all the games I want.

EricNoah

Adventurer
From what I understand, Insider is free for now. And there may be parts that stay free. Someone's gonna have to refresh my memory though...

Dykstrav

Adventurer
I'm at a solid zero right now on my general level of excitement/anticipation for 4E.

Is there still some 3.5E stuff that we can explore? Of course. I would have liked to see an environment series book on forest terrain and mountain terrain, and a Fiendish Codex III dealing with yugoloths. But the lack of these potential products won't bring my games to a halt.

Is it time for 4E? Probably so. There's been alot of ground covered with 3E and 3.5. While some players like to grumble about it being "too soon" for 4E, I cast a glance to my bookshelf and count at least eighty hardcover volumes of WotC 3.0/3.5 material published since 2000. That's almost a book a month. How many hardcover books were published for 1E? Somewhere between a dozen and twenty? Something like twenty hardcovers for 2E, with maybe fifty or so softcovers? (Anyone who has a more comprehensive collection of 1E and 2E material than I, please feel free to chime in.) Yeah, 4E is coming sooner than we thought, but I'm not convinced that it's a bad thing.

I'm firmly in the "wait and see" camp. If it's a better product I'll buy it.

I'm not interested in the DI though. Just as I don't get excited about the prospect of using my computer/internet connection to do my taxes or videoconference, the idea of playing D&D online or through a social networking site doesn't excite me.

DungeonMaester

First Post
4venter9.jpg

---Rusty

Drowbane

First Post

Way too many options to be much of a poll...

Voted 9, would've gotten a 10 if they weren't including half-elves! Damnit, they'll probably be cool enough mechanically that I'll have to design (fluff-wise) a new race to take thier abilities.

I'm hoping it is true that Gnomes (and 1/2 orcs) didn't make the cut...

Thurbane

First Post
Drowbane said:
Way too many options to be much of a poll...

Voted 9, would've gotten a 10 if they weren't including half-elves! Damnit, they'll probably be cool enough mechanically that I'll have to design (fluff-wise) a new race to take thier abilities.

I'm hoping it is true that Gnomes (and 1/2 orcs) didn't make the cut...
Yes, less choice is obviously better... :confused:

Kanegrundar

Explorer
I'm looking forward to it. I've been burned out on 3.5 for a while now and have started playing around with other systems. The one I've liked the best so far is SW Saga. It's comfortable and is a nice fast-paced D20 game. If 4E takes some nods from it, then I'm happy about that. This is the first time in a few years that I've been excited about D&D.

Hussar

Legend
4 for me. Guardedly optimistic. I'll likely upgrade a couple of years down the road in all honesty, same as I did for 3e and for 3.5. Heck, I only actually bought the 3.5 PHB of the core books. As they come out with a Hypertext 4e SRD, I'll be more interested. :)

Dyne

First Post
Too many options. It would've been better to have something like "Strongly in favor," "Mildly in favor," "Don't care/don't know enough," "Mildly opposed," and "Strongly opposed." Having 20 different options makes it difficult to compare them all.

Remove ads