Votes: 22 6.8%

Votes: 4 1.2%

Votes: 7 2.2%

Votes: 2 0.6%

Votes: 26 8.0%

Votes: 1 0.3%

Howndawg

Explorer
A 7 for me. I've been burned out on 3.x for a couple of years now. If they do make it less gear dependent as I've heard, it'll be a great step in the right direction.

Howndawg

DragonLancer

Adventurer
DungeonMaester said:
4venter9.jpg

LOL. Thanks for my first giggle of the day. :)

They've said they're streamlining it and speeding it up, relative to 3e/3.5e, so at least it will be some improvement.

If character creation takes less than 30 minutes and I can run a reasonable-sized melee in the same amount of time, then I'll be prepared to consider risking a few quid on a second-hand PHB, if the book's sturdily-constructed and the art doesn't suck too badly. (I'm a tolerant man, so I'll be prepared to overlook one or two of those repulsive BDSM-style piercings in the art, and maybe even one instance of dungeonpunk.) I'll make sure not to get the first printing, though, because I want them to have plenty of time to fix the inevitable errors and typos.

If the PHB doesn't suck, then I'll consider the next two core books when I can get them at a price that isn't completely atrocious (which at current prices, definitely means second hand).

I will not purchase a subscription to a website under any circumstances, nor will I try to run a game with a laptop at the table. Paper, pencils, funny-shaped dice and miniatures are the only play aids I'm prepared to consider.

Jesus_marley

First Post
I am going to reserve final judgment until the product is released. I think that the time is right to introduce a new edition, 3.5 seeming to me to be more of a "patch" for 3 ed. There are some aspects, specifically, the online content, that worries me, however. WOTC states that this content is optional, but my concern lies with exactly how optional it is. I fear that 4 ed. may be nothing but a lame duck without the "optional" content.

Again, I may simply be letting my fears and cynicism regarding corporate greed get the better of me here. I will wait to see what the offering entails and then I shall partake or not at that time.

ZombieButch

First Post
I was initially neutral on the whole thing; I haven't played D&D in awhile, and I don't publish any D&D material. The more I hear about it, though, the more interested I get! I'm downright stoked now, and looking forward to starting up a new campaign next year when the new core books come out. :)

Remove ads