• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Popular Campaign Settings

Which is your personal favorite campaign setting

• Forgotten Realms

Votes: 121 20.8%
  • Greyhawk

Votes: 89 15.3%
  • Eberon

Votes: 51 8.7%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 48 8.2%
  • Kingdoms of Kalamar

Votes: 22 3.8%
  • Planescape

Votes: 89 15.3%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 22 3.8%
  • Other TSR/WotC setting (explain below)

Votes: 43 7.4%
  • Other 3rd Party Setting (explain below)

Votes: 85 14.6%

Elf Witch

First Post
I really enjoy homebrew a lot some of the best games I have played in have been homebrews.

My favorite published gameworld is Kingdom Of Kalamar. I like the real feel feel of the world the fact that there are different languages. I like that there are a good choice of Gods but not different pantheons based on race. I like the sticky moral dilema's like legal slavery.

other gamesworlds I really like are:
Scarred Lands
Dragonlance
Freeport Modules
Old Runequest
Greyhawk
Forgotten Realms AD&D better than 3.0

the Jester

Legend
Eberron looks really, really good.

Before two days ago when I got the Eberron book, I'd have said Greyhawk, but I suspect that if I had ever played or run Planescape it would have won hands down for me. :)

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
It has been Scarred Lands for a while now, although a recently picked up the Midnight campaign setting and I think it might end up my favorite, with SL right behind. I have not finished reading yet, and I have not actually tried a Midnight game yet, so its hard to say.

qstor

Adventurer
This was a tough call. I voted for the Realms but I'm also a huge Greyhawk and Kalamar fan. I like Spelljammer and Dragonlance as well. I voted for the Realms cause I'm a big fan of the material for 2e that has really fleshed out the setting like the Volo's Guides. Greyhawk was a very close second, I like what Erik Mona is doing for the setting and Carl Sargents stuff for 2e like Ivid that helped build and expand the setting.

Not having a lot of Kalamar stuff but the main books and a few others, isn't a drawback as I see my vote but Kalamar is up there as well. The setting really adds a different take and feel to "traditional settings" I really like the Orc and Hobgoblin books and the Geanavue city book and I'm looking forward to future books by the writer Wiggy.

Mike

Last edited:

Rl'Halsinor

Explorer
GREYHAWK and SCARRED LANDS

I voted for Greyhawk because the world is still so intriguing before the whole Out of the Ashes thing. It is the world I started in and we still campaign in. I mention Scarred Lands because I just discovered this not to long ago and it is so very different and has tons of potential that I will be running a campaign in this world in not the too distant future. You should seriously check it out.

Honorable Mention: Judges Guild's Wilderlands Setting, especially the invenerable City State of the Invincible Overlord.

wizardneedsfood

First Post
Forgotten Realms is fun in its own way. And Eberron shows a lot of promise though I haven't been able to play it yet. But by far and away my favorite setting is DragonLance. But that just might be because I like the books so much.

Planescape is still #1 with me, but Eberron has quickly bolted to a solid 2nd place.

I have a love/hate relationship with Dragonlance. Taladas easily ranks within my top 5 favorite campaign settings, while Ansalon has to duke it out with Forgotten Realms for dead last. :confused:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads