• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Popular Campaign Settings

Which is your personal favorite campaign setting

• Forgotten Realms

Votes: 121 20.8%
  • Greyhawk

Votes: 89 15.3%
  • Eberon

Votes: 51 8.7%
  • Dark Sun

Votes: 48 8.2%
  • Kingdoms of Kalamar

Votes: 22 3.8%
  • Planescape

Votes: 89 15.3%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 22 3.8%
  • Other TSR/WotC setting (explain below)

Votes: 43 7.4%
  • Other 3rd Party Setting (explain below)

Votes: 85 14.6%

Wombat

First Post
Hmmm, let's see...

First choice would be Homebrew, but that's not an option...

Then there are a couple of non-D20 settings that I would run with very little modification (Blue Planet, Al Amarja, Dragonpass, Pendragon's Britain, Star Trek universe)...

Then there's Harn, which is great because it is primarily geography and easily malleable...

But of the D20 settings, I think I'd have to pump for Skull & Bones/Spanish Main + zombies :) Followed by Nyambe :)

The Cardinal

First Post
Dawnforge - for D&D d20. 80-90% of my games use GURPS. In those cases I prefer:

Fantasy: my various homebrews
SF: Transhuman Space, Humanx
Post-Apocalypse: War Against The Chtorr, Reign of Steel, Reign of Fire (Pyramid article)
Horror: Cabal, Unknown Armies, Delta Green
Conspiracy: Cabal, Conspiracy X

Last edited:

Gundark

Explorer
Well From what I've seen of the Iron Kingdoms it would be that setting....however Forgotten Realms comes in at a VERY close 2nd

d4

First Post
like a few other people have said, my favorite setting is whatever homebrew world i'm currently working on.

adembroski3

First Post
I want to apologise to some people. I really meant to put Ravenloft in the poll, and apparently I just forgot. My bad, I'm sorry.

Thanks for all the opinions. I hope they keep coming.

Pretty much what I expected from Forgotten Realms and Planescape, but I didn't expect Greyhawk to pull so many votes. Wow.

Well, at least the underappreciated KoK got a couple votes. Dragonlance is my personal favorite, it's well behind.

I would say that the consentration on Forgotten Realms and Greyhawk is fairly justified. As long as Sovereign Press continues to put out quality products like the Bestiary, I can live with that. Besides, Dragonlance does have one of the best online communities in the business with tons of custom content.

I personally do not like Greyhawk. In my personal opinion it seems to be a mish-mash of everything with no real theme to hold the whole thing together. Forgotten Realms is similar, but far more well executed. This is, of course, opinion, so don't flame me:)

I like the 'focused theme' worlds like Ravenloft and Dark Sun, but I could never really bring myself to run a campaign set in one... though I'd have no problems playing in one.

Dragonlance is very special too me. I think the focus on The Epic Struggle sort of fascinates me.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads