Potential Pathfinder Adventure Path Interest Check

Creamsteak

Explorer
It has been a while since I last ran a PbP game, but it's getting to be that time that I'm interested again. But this time, a few of my circumstances are different.

I am potentially interested in running either Kingmaker or the new Jade Regent adventure path.

What I was possibly considering, however, was whether it would be best to run the game here again, or from my own website. In the past I've had reliability issues with Enworld. Either with the subscription emails, or with its actual connectivity and archiving. For that reason I was pondering having the game off-site. I see some disadvantages to that, however, in that people that often play on enworld would like to be able to get all their PbP games in one place.

Anyway, this is just a hook to open up a discussion on if anyone is interested, and what their thoughts are (interested or not) on the gaming on a website I set up just for the purpose of that game. This is not a recruitment thread, and I would in-fact start a recruitment thread separately once I had a solid foundation of my plans.

Shayuri

First Post
I don't know anything about Jade Regent...but I would -love- to try the Kingmaker path. From what I've heard, it's a rarity in that as the PC's grow in power they also grow in responsibility.

I really really like that notion of having a character who doesn't just rampage around, but BUILDS something as well. Something lasting.

I'd prefer Enworld for convenience sake, but I'd be willing to try another site for the right game. :)

Insight

Adventurer
I would LOVE to try out Kingmaker. I'm considering running this as the next campaign for my home group and I would really like a "preview" like this to help me out.

JDragon

Explorer
I'm currently in a live Kingmaker game, but would love to do Jade Regent.

As for the location, either works for me as I'm currently not in any PbP games.

JD

Walking Dad

First Post
One more vote for Jade Regent :)

But I would also do Kingmaker ;)

Edit: Also would also prefer the game hosted here.

Last edited:

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
I'm interested but school's coming up quickly, also I plan on obtaining Jade Regent for my group and I already have Kingmaker, if that makes a difference in my ability to play.

A spoiler free (99% spoiler free note, it won't make it the challenges easier for you necessarily), anyway, after looking at the caravan mechanics in Jade Regent, they don't look user friendly at all, and most people have just been handwaving the caravan mechanics and stuff. For Kingmaker the kingdom stuff is a lot of bookkeeping but I thought that the rules worked really well other than that, which won't be much of an issue in PbP.

ghostcat

First Post
Creamsteak. You were really asking whether to run the game here or on your own web-site, so I'll try to address that.

Personally I think that it depends on what message board software you use. Most of us have become used to the quirks and foibles of the enworld board and anything else would involve a learning curve. That doesn't mean I'm against the idea. Just that I would really like it to have similar features, especially BBCode. A dice roller isn't necessary as you could use Invisible Castle. However, this seems to have even more reliability problems than enworld.

Insight

Adventurer
If it was up to me, I would prefer playing the game on EN World. It's not a deal-breaker, but that's my preference.

Remove ads