• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Problem with Firefox 1.0PR Browser and Vbulletin

WizarDru

Adventurer
Just to make you aware, there appears to be an issue with the WYSIWYG editor functionality and Vbulletin. I'm looking into a workaround for those so inclined.

You can read more about it here.

Psionicist

Explorer
WizarDru said:
Just to make you aware, there appears to be an issue with the WYSIWYG editor functionality and Vbulletin. I'm looking into a workaround for those so inclined.

You can read more about it

This is not necessarily a problem with Firefox, it is most certainly a problem with vBulletin's coders assuming everyone use Internet Explorer. It is not Linux fault you cannot run Microsoft Word on it is it? :)

WizarDru

Adventurer
Honestly, I couldn't tell you the exact source of the problem. I do know that Firefox 0.93 worked for me, and 1.0PR does not. Offhand, it sounds like both were coded with expectations that turned out to be incorrect....but I'm more interested in finding a way to make the 1.0PR client work with VBulletin's WYSIWYG feature, 'cuz I've come to love it so.

Michael Morris

First Post
Psionicist said:
This is not necessarily a problem with Firefox, it is most certainly a problem with vBulletin's coders assuming everyone use Internet Explorer. It is not Linux fault you cannot run Microsoft Word on it is it? :)

Cut the snarky comments Psi - they aren't appreciated.

Firefox is in beta. The editor is tested and runs properly on IE, NS, Safari and Opera. The problem is in Firefox, and again Firefox is still in beta.

cybertalus

First Post
Spoony Bard said:
The editor is tested and runs properly on IE, NS, Safari and Opera.

Just out of curiosity, is there a particular setting that's needed to get the WYSIWYG editor working in Opera? I keep getting the Extended editor instead. (I just checked and the WYSIWYG Editor does load and work on IE on the same machine.)

haiiro

First Post
Teflon Billy said:
I use Firefox, and it works like a charm here

Likewise. I'm using 0.9.3, and the only wrinkle I notice is that the mouseover thread previews are limited to one line, rather than several.

WizarDru

Adventurer
haiiro said:
Likewise. I'm using 0.9.3, and the only wrinkle I notice is that the mouseover thread previews are limited to one line, rather than several.

No one was questioning that 0.93 works. This is about 1.0PR.

Michael Morris

First Post
WizarDru said:
No one was questioning that 0.93 works. This is about 1.0PR.

Until Mozilla declares the browser final neither I nor Jelsoft will work towards a fix because any work we do might be invalidated when they take it up to 1.1. That said, if there are still issues in the final release I'll see what I can do - Vbulletin queries the browser for it's type and makes slight modifications to the page for each browser. That means the page you get on IE is actually different from Firefox or NS in one or more ways.

Remove ads