• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Proposed Wager with DracoSuave - Blurred Step

DracoSuave

First Post
Battleminds are functional (if only barely), so they can wait long enough to let the dust settle.

Yeah.

More importantly, where's the fix to the Ardent power(s) that don't have attack rolls but hit entries?

Or for that matter, the level 21: entries on the runepriest?

Who cares about power-level errata when there's 'This is actually broken in that it technically can not work' errata to be made.

chitzk0i

Explorer
Yeah.

More importantly, where's the fix to the Ardent power(s) that don't have attack rolls but hit entries?

Or for that matter, the level 21: entries on the runepriest?

Who cares about power-level errata when there's 'This is actually broken in that it technically can not work' errata to be made.

Well, that's just Mindlink Strike. On the other hand, runepriests are are in the same boat as every power-point-using class, which may be a big enough gaffe that they'll need to mobilize a much bigger solution than most errata, which would naturally take longer.

urzafrank

First Post
I think Draco is right. I seen 5 emails go to WOTC CS about blurred step and i have have 5 phone calls to them as a players and as TO/DM for their official games and the answer has always been the same. It works as intended and this is how it works: For any move you must pick your path one square at a time if some thing blocks your movement you are rebuffed into your last square and lose one square of movement. This is how blurred step is intended to work.

So if the BM blocks the shift and the monsters can only shift one square he loses that movement and has to make another choice with his remaining actions.

Obryn

Hero
I think Draco is right. I seen 5 emails go to WOTC CS about blurred step and i have have 5 phone calls to them as a players and as TO/DM for their official games and the answer has always been the same.
CS answers per the current rules, not future rules. They don't answer anything about pending updates, and basically would have no business doing so.

If you had asked WotC CS on April 30th whether or not your Sorcerer/Daggermaster gets an 18-20 crit range with his arcane powers, they'd have said Yes.

-O

urzafrank

First Post
CS answers per the current rules, not future rules. They don't answer anything about pending updates, and basically would have no business doing so.

If you had asked WotC CS on April 30th whether or not your Sorcerer/Daggermaster gets an 18-20 crit range with his arcane powers, they'd have said Yes.

-O

I agree with your statement that they answer how the rules. However I would like to point out that in the Daggermaster situation you point out it is very obvious to me that is not what was intended where i believe that blurred step is working as intended.

but I also think that RAW < RAI so YMMV

Obryn

Hero
I agree with your statement that they answer how the rules. However I would like to point out that in the Daggermaster situation you point out it is very obvious to me that is not what was intended where i believe that blurred step is working as intended.

but I also think that RAW < RAI so YMMV
Well, it's good that you had this intuition - but it stayed that way for about a year, and was consistent with other, similar rulings such as Weapon Focus applying to Implement attacks. And my own intuitions say that blurred step is obviously not working as intended, as per the arguments I laid out above. :)

So really, let's wait the month out, and see where it goes, because duelling intuitions are boring and avoiding them is the whole point of this thread.

-O

DracoSuave

First Post
I thought dueling intuitions and seeing how they turned out was the point of this thread.

Either that or seeing who gets to wear the next silly avatar.

Obryn

Hero
I thought dueling intuitions and seeing how they turned out was the point of this thread.

Either that or seeing who gets to wear the next silly avatar.
Well, yeah - only we don't spend a month arguing about whose intuition is right, and just wait for the good part at the end. :)

-O

Remove ads