• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Pulse check on 1D&D excitement level

What is your level of excitement for 1D&D?

• Very High - I love the direction 1D&D is going, the playtest will only make it better

Votes: 16 6.8%
  • High - Mostly the right direction and feels like the playtest will result in a product I like

Votes: 48 20.3%
  • Meh - It's different, but not exciting, let's see where it goes from here

Votes: 85 35.9%
  • Low - Mostly the wrong direction for me, but hopeful the playtest will improve it

Votes: 22 9.3%
  • Very Low - Mostly the wrong direction for me, and doubtful the playtest will improve it

Votes: 66 27.8%

• Poll closed .

Vaalingrade

Legend
Wasn't high for a 5e chassis for 5.5 in the first place and unless they get rid of making everyone a neo-Vancian caster with daily homework, my excitement is dead in the water.

aco175

Legend
I never signed up for a DDBeyond account, so I rely on threads here for the information. I did go to the official DnD webpage since they advertise it as the best, most awesomest, thing is all things DND, but the only article they had since early December is the release of the Vault book. It does have a silly multiple choice you can take to describe what kind of PC you should make for the book.

Scribe

Legend
Translate that to english?
star trek GIF

Anyway: I voted "very low".

The game I want, is (seemingly) not the game Wizards wants to provide, and the settings I want, Wizard's (with near certainty) is afraid to provide.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
I am pretty pleased with 5e overall. For me this was a solution looking for a problem.

For those that hate 5e, this was not what the doctor ordered. I don’t think it will tank but I think it will disappoint. We shall see. I am not buying it.

None of the options really fit. I am not excited but I am not meh. I am interested to see how things look in the end and I am not too concerned with playtests since the purpose is to get feedback. Ultimately t it will be just like 5e for me. I am sure I will buy some things I like and avoid others and home brew to address the gaps.

I'm probably one of the only vocally excited people on the forum. I love the new One D&D Design and truly hope they update the Creative Commons SRD with it, because the designer is a lot easier to customize and make 3rd party for as opposed to current D&D.
It is nice to hear someone who is positive. While I love 5E there is a lot of room for improvement. Looking at Warlock, sorcerer and short and long rest mechanics.

Remove ads