• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quick swordsage question

Bivotar

First Post
Ok so under the Adaptation section of the Swordsage it reads:

"To create a monklike character...., give the swordsage the monk's unarmed strike progression and remove his light armor proficiency."

What is exactly included in a "monk's unarmed strike progression" (flurry, damage, extra attacks, ki strikes, natural and/or manufactured weapons, etc)?

Thanks in advance.

gnfnrf

First Post
The adaptations are only reccomendations, they aren't rules meant to be used without some thought.

On first glance, I'd say that all they are referring to is the monk's Improved Unarmed Strike and monklike damage progression, nothing else.

--
gnfnrf

Sejs

First Post
Bivotar said:
What is exactly included in a "monk's unarmed strike progression" (flurry, damage, extra attacks, ki strikes, natural and/or manufactured weapons, etc)?

His unarmed damage progression, and I'd venture so far as to say that his unarmed strikes count as nat and/or manufactured. Flurry of Blows, Ki Strike, etc are seperate abilities - wouldn't get those.

Bivotar

First Post
This is what I was personally thinking before I asked the question:

Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat
Unarmed Damage progression as the monk
Unarmed attacks count as natural and manufactured weapons

I think that is what I am going to go with unless there is some official answer from WOTC that anyone knows of.

Kmart Kommando

First Post
Bivotar said:
This is what I was personally thinking before I asked the question:

Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat
Unarmed Damage progression as the monk
Unarmed attacks count as natural and manufactured weapons

I think that is what I am going to go with unless there is some official answer from WOTC that anyone knows of.
I agree. pseudo-monks with maneuvers would just be overpowered if they got the flurries and the stunning fist and such as well. The standard action strikes don't mesh too well with flurry anyway. Either swing swing swing or thump. ;)

Remove ads