• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quotes from the table

RichCsigs

First Post
Aeson said:
Ok, I'd really like to know the story behind that one.:p The big meany.

We had discovered that one of the city elders was really a doppleganger. A chase began through the city and we lost it in the crowd at the market square. The DM was kind enough to describe various people in the square and after a few beats, the guy playing the rogue said, "I pick up a rock and through it at the pregnant woman." When the DM described the pregnant woman dodging the rock, "...in a Matrix-like fashion", we knew we had our guy!

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
"It's better to be dead than cool."

--Some dude trying to quote 'Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man.' May or may not have been RPG-related; it was too long ago.

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
What we have here is a failure to penetrate.-- Me when the group had trouble hitting a demon we were fighting.

Eli-kun

First Post
The new player named his character Vergelding,which is supposed to mean something cool in Danish. We kept calling him Gelding and laughing. He didn't come back.

Richards

Legend
The party was being attacked by jungle warriors in war canoes while on a river. The party's cleric cast enlarge person and water walk on the half-orc barbarian, who walks over to the nearest attacking canoe, picks up an enemy, and uses him as a club to beat up the other enemies in the war canoe. At this point, the player running the half-orc barbarian (who was 10 years old at the time) quips "I hate my job!" for the poor warrior being used as a club.

Johnathan

Ambrus

Explorer
The first one just happened to be a goat, and Justaine - after taking his initial 8 points of falling goat damage - managed to crawl out of range before any other random animals were dropped on him.
Did he yell out: "Run away! Run away J---- C----!" while fleeing? :lol:

Richards

Legend
He did not. Actually, we were all laughing too hard for him to stay in character immediately afterward, so I don't think Justaine said much of anything while crawling back to safety, with a befuddled goat staggering next to him, wondering just what the heck was going on.

Johnathan

Remove ads