Ransom for Retirement (El Jefe Judging)

buzzard

First Post
Thanks for running that Slag, twas a fun time. Gotta check my XP total, I might be rather close to 3rd now.

That final reward money is total for all of us or already divided? Looks like the former.

buzzard

Knight Otu

First Post
Regarding the loot, Semabin has no interest in any of it.

D20Dazza said:
And I'll take advantage of you being here Knight if I may? Kyle is updated here, just need to do HPs (how?) and add any new equipment/gold.
It's much better if you email us, since Nimisgod needs to see it too.

IcyCool

First Post
SlagMortar, does that total include the mundane items, and if so, are they valued at 1/2 price or full?

Also, did I read that right? Semabin wants none of the reward money or loot?

And I'm coming up with an experience total of 1,700 for Deos based on the numbers there. Aside from the time-based xp, shouldn't Kyle have earned more for those encounters? (He's level 1).

Just want to make sure I've got things correct before I continue on.

Knight Otu

First Post
Also, did I read that right? Semabin wants none of the reward money or loot?
Loot only. Of course Semabin will take money. There's just no masterwork scimitar, or very nice armor among the loot he'd be interested in.

Aside from the time-based xp, shouldn't Kyle have earned more for those encounters? (He's level 1).
Characters of level 1 to 3 gain the same amount of XP from a challenge.

IcyCool

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Loot only. Of course Semabin will take money. There's just no masterwork scimitar, or very nice armor among the loot he'd be interested in.

Characters of level 1 to 3 gain the same amount of XP from a challenge.

Groovy. So, assuming that the loot is valued at half price (and party members purchase it at half price), and that it is included in the total, that would be 500gp and 1700 xp to Deos?

Curses, 220xp short of 3rd level. :)

El Jefe

First Post
Half price is the selling price. You divide it up as you all see fit.

It can get a little interesting when the party wants to keep some of the big-ticket items, and sell the rest. On one adventure, the party got some armor, weapons, and gold. My character kept some of the armor, another character kept one of the weapons. After all was said and done, my character ended up paying the rest of the party, the one who kept the weapon got none of the NPC's gold and just a tiny bit of mine, and the rest of the party got A) the gold from the NPCs, B) the gold from selling the things we didn't keep, and C) some of my character's gold.

I'm not complaining, my character got some MW armor out of it that he couldn't possibly afford to buy outright.

Knight Otu

First Post
IcyCool said:
Groovy. So, assuming that the loot is valued at half price (and party members purchase it at half price), and that it is included in the total, that would be 500gp and 1700 xp to Deos?

Curses, 220xp short of 3rd level. :)
Checking the earlier posts, the loot isn't included in the rewards. We were supposed to get the value of the ransom, which was 2500 gold.

And I feel with you on the XP - Ashnar suffered this once or twice as well. And Semabin was caught in adventures that died, twice. :lol:

IcyCool

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Checking the earlier posts, the loot isn't included in the rewards. We were supposed to get the value of the ransom, which was 2500 gold.

Ok, with a correction (unless I missed something) on the price of a Masterwork Composite Longbow (+1 Str bonus), the loot values are as follows:

Masterwork composite longbow (mighty +1 Strength bonus) (Costs 500gp (100gp for the bow + 300gp for masterwork + 100gp for the strength bonus), so sells for 250gp)
Longsword (7.5gp)
Handaxe (3gp)
3 daggers (1gp each)
Longspear (2.5gp)
Battleaxe (5gp)
Large wooden shield (3.5gp)
Padded armor (2.5gp)
2 leather armor (5gp each)
2 Chain shirt (50gp each)

Total loot value = 387gp. So the total treasure value is 2887gp, which divides to be 577.4gp each.

SlagMortar

First Post
KO is right about the loot not being included in the 500gp. Thanks for doing the totals, IcyCool. I only added 150 gp for masterwork in my original tally which is, of course, incorrect. Your totals look right.

Remove ads