• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ransom for Retirement (El Jefe Judging)

SlagMortar

First Post
The first boy says seriously, "Apple Glade is a long ways. It takes all day to get there. I got to go along to get cider last month. It's really good cider. You should try some."

The second boy responds, "You got to go along because you're a suck-up. I get to go next time." He answers Lupic saying, "I never seen any orcs, but that's what you guys with swords are always doing isn't it? You're not guarding anything, except maybe that big dwarf."

The boys follow the group into the inn. Several groups of people, likely merchants, have also stopped for lunch. She tries unsuccessfully to shoo the boys away. A middle aged woman, with more gray hair than brown, approaches the party and says, "My name's Debra. Welcome to my inn. Stopping for lunch?"

IcyCool

First Post
Deos grins at the woman before looking to Kyle. "Would the kindly priest of Geoth bless our group by ordering lunch for us?" Deos will lean closer to the dwarf and whisper,

[sblock=For Kyle]"Keep in mind that we do have limited money, so don't over do it."[/sblock]

Knight Otu

First Post
SlagMortar said:
"I never seen any orcs, but that's what you guys with swords are always doing isn't it?"
Semabin laughs "Not always. Sometimes we need to take a break, too. Some need more, some need less." He winks at that remark.

Findlefarb

First Post
Fenwick beams at the child.

"Well, I, for one, like the hippogriffs. Marvelous steeds, and if you raise one up from a colt, he will be your companion everywhere, and you get to fly!"

Inside, Fenwick nods and defers to Kyle.
"Indeed, bless us and this establishment with the grace and bounty of Geoth!"

D20Dazza

Explorer
Kyle waddles over to their host and bows deeply at the waist"Goodwife Debra it is indeed a pleasure for me to be able to finally taste the fine food that this establishment is so famous for, would you like me to bless your kitchen in the name of Geoth and then perhaps my companions and I could taste of the fine cider and duck that this establishment is so reknowned for?"

SlagMortar

First Post
The boys' eyes light up at Fenwick's mention of flying. "Wow! Have you ever flown?"

She smiles at the wide dwarf's rolling movements. "Certainly it would be a great honor," narrowly suppressing a giggle.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Kyle moves into the kitchens and proceeds to bestow Geoth's blessings on the room and it's contents (including the chef) all the time salivating at the aromas that play across his nostrils. After the blessings are bestowed he moves back into the common room and pulls himself up to a table awaiting the pleasure of the cider and the duck.

SlagMortar

First Post
Following Kyle's generous blessing, a plate of steaming roast duck is brought for each member of the party, two for Kyle, along with a steaming pitcher and several cups. "That will be two silver pieces, please and thankyou." Once the meal is set before them, Debra asks, "And if I might ask, where are you folks headed?"

One boy follows Fenwick to his seat and as he's just beginning to take a bite says, "Are you a hippogriff trainer? What else do you know about them?"

Last edited:

IcyCool

First Post
Deos smiles at Debra and says, "We're headed to Apple Glade, my dear. Do you know anything interesting about it?"

OOC: 446gp for the horses, 2sp for the meal (is it each, or 2 for the whole meal?) puts us at:

53gp, 8sp

Not counting anything the individual party members have on them.

Remove ads