• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rasputin : Grappler level 8 (BEARD!)

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
So this guy was great at level 6: but the campaign moved onto level 8 before I could play him starting Runelord book 3 and he needs to be competitive. vs ogres with class levels (i am guessing)

his last 2 levels are fighter (for BAB!) but i need 2 more grappling feats. He could also take the unarmed fighter archtype and thus gain a free style feat. Not sure if its worth it. for now I stuck on improve init and toughness

Rasputin
Human Witch 2/Fighter 6 (white hair archtype)
AC 24; Fort+8 Ref+7 Will+7, BAB +7/+2, HP 72 , initiative +7
Prehensile beard attack: +15/+10 (1d6+9) free grapple with hit, constrict as swift action (1d6+9 constriction)
CMB: +10, hair grapple +19 / +14
CMD: +26 (+3 vs grapples)
enlarged gives
+1 CMB , 1d8+10 hair, -1 CMD, -2 AC ???

Str 14, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 20, Wis 7, Cha 8 (20 pts)
Traits: Hard to kill, serpentine squeeze
Feats: Dodge(H), iron will(1), Improved Unarmed Strike(F1)Weapon Focus Hair(3), Improved Grapple (F2), Weapon Specialization: Hair(F4), improved natural attack(6) improved intiative (7) toughness(F6)

Skills: 42 skill pts.
Class Features: Familiar (king crab +2 CMB with grapples) Prehensile beard (1d4 damage) grapple as free action on a hit. Constrict as a swift action. Uses int instead of Strength. Weapon training - natural attacks
Spells: Mage Armor, Enlarge Person, Ray of Enfeeblement (+9 touch) (5%) spell failure

Equipment: Wands mage armor, Enlarge person (1500) amulet of mighty fists (4000), +2 ring protection (8000) +2 circlet of intelligence (4k), cloak of resistance +2 (4k), +2 large mitral shield (5k)

CASH 26.5 k has 6.5k left to spend
(some kind of backup/ or range weapon ?)

Last edited:

Daniel Runge

First Post
I believe that the White-haired Witch would still need to use his Strength modifier for attack rolls.
I'm also fairly certain the range of the beard does not increase with levels from classes other than White-haired Witch (In response to RangerWickett)

You could consider the Final Embrace feat - constrict as a free action instead of a swift action.
At level 8 you get a stat increase, if you put it into strength you could also take the Final Embrace Horror.

Hope this helpd you out :)

*Edit*
Disruptive into Spellbreaker (fighter 10) + Combat Expertise could be an effective way to deal with casters, AoO and free grab. Works better if you have more than 5 ft. range on your beard.

Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
I knew that he only had 5' reach (unless enlarged) but I missed that the initial attack was made with strength.
I guess I need to buy him a STR item.
Its still -2 to hit, compared to using INT maybe I can talk the DM into letting me use INT for the the basic hair attack as well.

I believe I can take unarmed strikes as a secondary attack
unamed (secondary) +7 (1d6+3) pretty poor, but wth it is one more attack.

He might be as optimized as I can manage but its not a great build.
It will allow me to old man cackle, and call people "Sonney" which is no small benefit.

Remove ads