[Recruiting] HUSSies Graduation Exam (Elements of Magic Revised)

Komodo

First Post
I went and bought the file, but the link didn't arrive. I've contacted customer support, and will commence reading as soon as I obtain the information.

So, chalk me up as a player. Maybe expect a character within two days.

Komodo

First Post
I gots me a question. Do bloodline levels stack for caster level? I wish I didn't have to play as a human, because my code of conduct prohibits it. So, I'm taking a bloodline to stay as far from human as possible.

Voadam

Legend
I'd be interested as well. I'd like to see how EOM actually plays in practice.

I have EOM but not revised so I would play a fighter or monk bodyguard/grog for the team.

Let me know if you were still accepting recruits or if it is closed.

The Goblin King

First Post
Hello all. I have just had a really bad week at work thats only going to get worse come monday. I will try to answer questions.

Particle_Man> Wow, you had to pick the hardest one didn't you? :) It is a little unclear. I will have to do some more reading and maby ask Ryan Nock. Your illusionary man will do 20% of the damage a 1st level human warrior will do if the target fails to disbelieve.

Komodo> They sort of count. Things like caster level and DC for special abilities go up. But they don't count for spells known, per day, ect.

Voadam> Yup, still open.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Golian Tur, Human Monk 4
Str 16 (18)
Dex 16
Con 14
Int 8
Wis 14
Cha 8
F+7 R+8 W+7 (+9 vs enchantment)
Hp: 8 +3d8+8 = 31 (average rounding up for 3d8)
AC: 18 (3 defense bonus, 3 dex, 2 wis,) flat-footed 15 touch 18
Init +3
BAB: +3
Grapple: +11
Attack: +8 1d8+4 damage.
Flurry: +6, +6
Feats
Improved Initiative, Improved Grapple (monk), Improved unarmed strike (monk), deflect arrows (monk), Blindfight, Weapon focus unarmed strike,

Skills
Tumble +10
Listen +9
Move Silent +10
Hide +10

Base speed 40
Slow fall 20'
Evasion, Ki strike magic

Equip.
Gauntlets of ogre power
Cloak of resistance +1
400 gp left to spend

Quote: "We shall see how your magic fares against leopard style."

Last edited:

The Goblin King

First Post
Voadam said:
So we don't pick our own gear?

Originally I was thinking that but nevermind. Go ahead and pick out the gear for your character. Lets just assume that you don't walk around in full kit all the time and you can't have weapons and stuff in your room. Therefore, you would have to pick them up before a mission.

Particle_Man

Explorer
The Goblin King said:
Particle_Man> Wow, you had to pick the hardest one didn't you? :) It is a little unclear. I will have to do some more reading and maby ask Ryan Nock. Your illusionary man will do 20% of the damage a 1st level human warrior will do if the target fails to disbelieve.

Just to add to your woes: Could I do a 20% real version of a 4th level warrior? Of an Ogre? Of a Solar? Could such an illusion (with Illusion Nature as a component) open doors and such? (If we don't get a rogue, its a heck of a way to test doors, etc., for traps).

The Goblin King

First Post
Particle_Man said:
Just to add to your woes: Could I do a 20% real version of a 4th level warrior?

From what I understand you create an illusion of the base creature so no.

Of an Ogre?

Yes.

Of a Solar?

Yes.

Could such an illusion (with Illusion Nature as a component) open doors and such? (If we don't get a rogue, its a heck of a way to test doors, etc., for traps).

Yes. This is really walking the line of the illusion list but it seems legit to me.

Particle_Man

Explorer
Well, how do you want to rule it then? I mean, 20% of a solar's damage and abilities seems gross for a 4th level character, but 20% of a 1st level warrior seems a little weak for a 4th level character. But they cost the same amount of spell points. Should I base it on creatures I have been exposed to (either in life or in training?) If so, what creatures shall my character have been exposed to, in your game?

Remove ads