Recruiting! In the Service of Cyre [4ed Eberron]

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
So, that's 3 strikers and a leader, with interest in a 4th striker and a controller.

The competition for a striker will be fierce!

We still need defenders and controllers, and a couple more leaders wouldn't stink either!

Shayuri

First Post
Bah.

I guess I can change my submission. I really liked the idea of the assassin/spy posing as a servant...but there'll be other games...

Dekana

Explorer
Sorry, I didn't notice the "Arcane or Martial" entry under warforged servants. I can change Kraken from warden to a fighter or swordmage if you'd like.

yzard

First Post
EDIT: added:
- background (which changed Thom's Arcana skill )
- starting eq (which up'ped his AC)
- Init details (Thom's Human Feat is Improved Initiative, which adds +4)

Sounds like a great campaign! This would be my first PBP game, but I can easily commit to posting at least 1 post per day (likely more) for the duration.
I chose a human wizard for the campaign, and looks like the party may be in need of a controller so that seems to fit...

1. Which Archetype do you match?
Cyran Patriot.

[sblock=Archetype Detail]
Thom Trannith has no blood ties with the royal family and does not hold any political position, though his focus on education and study has led him to hold many temporary positions in and around the court.
[/sblock]
2. 1 paragraph (3-8 sentences) backstory about how you met Prince Oargev and entered his service.

Referred to Her Majesty the Queen shortly after the birth of her son, Prince Oargev, Thom Trannith has spent the past 15 years as a sometime counselor, instructor and trainer to the royal court and Her Majesty's Royal Guard. With no political aspirations to hinder him he has been able to provide his services in whatever capacity the Queen has needed in the past. From assisting in the Prince's education in Arcana, to training would-be Wizards of the Royal Guard and even providing local assistance when the war comes too close to home.

During his time around the Royal Court he has grown fond of young Prince Oargev and enjoyed giving him his lessons. He enjoys his position being somewhat fluid as it has left him with enough time to continue his own education and training while serving the Queen. Over the past 15 years he has slowly and steadily grown in power as a Wizard and made a small name for himself among the people of Cyre; enough so that the Queen has seen fit to assign him a place with Prince Oargev as he works for the defense of the realm and the eventual reclamation of the Throne of Galifar.

3. 1 paragraph (3-8 sentences) description (both physical and personality).

Thom is 6"2' 170lbs. Tall and on the lean side. Dark brown hair, with eyes to match...a not-unfriendly face.

He is friendly enough, though he can be distracted as he spends much of his time in study, this can lead to some feeling offended that he doesn't give them his full attention. His lack of attention, however, is never meant to offend and he is quick to apologize when he realizes it has occurred (again!) Fortunately. the family knows him well and forgives him his singular focus.

He enjoys the royal family and has genuine affection for them. However, his true desire is to continue his education into the arcane arts and he continues to serve as instructor, friend and counselor to the royal family in order to facilitate that.

4. Character Sheet. Please either attach a Builder sheet or use the Summary format from character builder.

Level 1 Human Summoner Wizard

[sblock=Character Details]
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Thom, level 1
Human, Wizard
Build: Summoner Wizard
Arcane Implement Mastery: Tome of Binding
Background: Aundair (City) [Arcana]

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 20, Wis 11, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 18, Wis 11, Cha 8.

AC: 17 Fort: 13 Reflex: 16 Will: 13
HP: 24 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
History +10,
Arcana +12,
Nature +5,
Religion +10,
Insight +5

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics, Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, Dungeoneering, Endurance +2, Heal, Intimidate -1, Perception, Stealth, Streetwise -1, Thievery, Athletics

FEATS
Wizard: Ritual Caster
Human: Improved Initiative (+4 to Init)
Level 1: Arcane Reserves

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Storm Pillar
Wizard at-will 1: Phantom Bolt
Wizard at-will 1: Chilling Cloud
Wizard encounter 1: Burning Hands
Wizard daily 1: Summon Fire Warrior
Wizard daily 1 Spellbook: Horrid Whispers

EQ: Spellbook, Tome Implement, Adventurer's Kit, Leather Armor, Dagger, ID w/ Pic
[/sblock]
5. Magic items (level 2-10) you would be interested in seeing your PC obtain at some point. This locks you into nothing.

2: Magic Tome +1
3: Eladrin Armor +1
4: Tooth of Chaos +1
5: Summoner's Tome +1
6: Magic Armor +2
7: Cloak of Resistance +2
8: Vicious Dagger
9: Amulet of False Life +2
10: Summoner's Tome +2

6. Which Paragon Path you’d maybe be interested in pursuing if the game makes it that far. This locks you in to nothing.

Either Rimetongue Caller or Bonded Summoner Paragon path

Let me know if I missed anything, thanks!

EDIT: Added items (lvl. 2-10)

Last edited:

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Update on Recruiting:

I'd like to see some more entries, just for some variety, but I like what I've seen so far. We could really use a few more defenders, leaders, and controllers, as well as maybe another take on Oargev, for the sake of competition.

So far, I have 2-3 completed submissions. I have some specific feedback for each of you:

[sblock=hero4hire] I like your approach to the "wise-adviser" archetype and tying your story to the draconic prophecy. Very Eberronesque. Your specific competitors are other strikers and other "wise-advisers" like yzard's. I am thinking, at this point, I will probably accept 2-3 strikers in the party. Your submission is complete, but feel free to make any changes you want.[/sblock]

[sblock=BarrelRider] Intriguing character. I like the deceptive nature of your character and the plot possibilities of having a more ruthless friend to Oargev. Your specific competitors are other striker and other "ruthless friends to Oargev" like Shayuri's. I am thinking, at this point, I will probably accept 2-3 strikers in the party. Your submission is complete, but feel free to make any changes you want.[/sblock]

[sblock=WalkingDad] Looking forward to seeing your story tie-ins and personality. Your competitors are other strikers, and more importantly, the other Sorcerer. I am thinking, at this point, I will probably accept 2-3 strikers in the party.[/sblock]

[sblock=Shayuri] I really like this use of a Changeling. I can think of lots of interesting ways to incorporate your story into long-term plots. Your specific competitors are other strikers and other "ruthless friends to Oargev" like BarrelRider's. I am thinking, at this point, I will probably accept 2-3 strikers in the party. Your submission is nearly complete, I just need your magic-item wish-list.[/sblock]

[sblock=DistractingFlare] Someone willing to take on Oargev! Unless someone else submits their own Oargev, you'll likely get in the game. Even if that happens, you will, as-is, put up strong competition. I am thinking, at this point, I will probably accept 1, maybe 2 leaders. You are done save 1 detail: I may not have explained this well in my initial post: for magic items, please list 1 item of each magic item level 2-10 you might be interested in finding in the future.[/sblock]

[sblock=Dekana] I love your character's personality and set-up. My concept, since this is pre Warforged rights, is that all warforged would likely be programmed for fighting or magical support. I excluded Divine and Primal since there is discussion about weather WF have souls or are part of the natural order. Your backstory doesn't preclude being a Fighter, so I'd like to see you remake him as a fighter. That said, you have a complete submission, and if no other defenders or warforged submit, I'd rather have you, as is, than no game, so you can, if you want, take your chances and leave Kraken as-is.[/sblock]

[sblock=yzard] Cyre was well known for their summoning magic (trafficking with devils and demons!) in war-time, so your wizard is very appropriate and cool. Your specific competitors are other controllers (such as Willete's maybe druid) and other "wise-advisers" like hero4hire's. I am thinking, at this point, I will probably accept only 1 controller in the party. Once you finish up your items, I'll consider your submission complete[/sblock]

I've now edited my magic items into my previous post. Thanks for the additional feedback!

PS: I can easily commit to post once per day (or more, if the situation calls for it). I need something to do during class, amirite?

Last edited:

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
We now have:

2 complete Strikers
1 complete Leader (Oargev)
1 complete-ish Defender

This means the recruitment is still open indefinitely! Get those submissions in!

renau1g

First Post
1. Which Archetype do you match? Prince Oargev
2. 1 paragraph (3-8 sentences) backstory about how you met Prince Oargev and entered his service. I'd spent most of my life kept from the harsh reality of life beyond my family's walls. I'd had private tutors to teach me everything from history, to literature, to music, and tactics. I'd even had some of the finest generals teach me their methods of leading men in battle and picked up a few tricks myself. I'd spent time with sages and mages, learning some minor magicks that would aid me in my life. When the War broke out my world was shattered, no longer was I to be the spoiled son of the Queen, but I was being asked to lead this ragtag group in a mission I'm told is to ensure the survival of our country. I can't wait.

3. 1 paragraph (3-8 sentences) description (both physical and personality).

The Prince is little more than a boy and doesn't cut an imposing figure by any stretch of the imagination. He is 140 lbs dripping wet and stands only slightly over 5'6". His long, curly brown hair is kept behind his semi-pointed ears, proudly displaying his heritage. Prince Oargev may not have the physical presence that others do, but he makes up for it with an unwavering allegiance to the crown and battles with a tremendous force of will, drawing out the best in others. Despite the grim situation, he maintains an element of optimism and lightheartedness as he's confident (overconfident?) in the outcome of the battle.

[sblock=Image]
86318.jpg
[/sblock]

4. Character Sheet. Please either attach a Builder sheet or use the Summary format from character builder.
[sblock=CS]

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
level 1
Half-Elf, Bard
Bardic Virtue: Virtue of Valor
Background: Indulged Scion (+2 to Bluff)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 11, Con 17, Dex 10, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 18.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 11, Con 15, Dex 10, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 16.

AC: 17 Fort: 13 Reflex: 14 Will: 15
HP: 29 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +7, Intimidate +9, History +7, Bluff +11, Diplomacy +11

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics, Dungeoneering, Endurance +3, Heal, Insight +2, Nature, Perception, Religion +3, Stealth, Streetwise +5, Thievery, Athletics

FEATS
Bard: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Arcane Reserves

POWERS
Bard at-will 1: War Song Strike
Bard at-will 1: Cutting Words
Dilettante: Burning Spray
Bard encounter 1: Shout of Triumph
Bard daily 1: Stirring Shout

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Adventurer's Kit, Chainmail, Light Shield, Longsword, Horn
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

5. Magic items (level 2-10) you would be interested in seeing your PC obtain at some point. Hopefully this list is changeable down the road if I get in.

Lvl 2 Harmonic Songblade +1
Lvl 3 Brooch of Shielding +1
Lvl 4 Deathstalker Longsword +1
Lvl 5 Exalted Chainmail +1
Lvl 6 Goblin Stompers
Lvl 7 Amulet of Elegy +2 (AV2)
Lvl 8 Harsh Songblade +2
Lvl 9 Bold Victory Finemail +2
Lvl 10 Salve of Power
[/sblock]
6. Which Paragon Path you’d maybe be interested in pursuing if the game makes it that far. This locks you in to nothing.

War Chanter is the most likely

Remove ads