Recruiting! In the Service of Cyre [4ed Eberron]

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
[sblock=Willette]Are you still planning on submitting something? Are you interested in an actual Druid, or just the druidic initiate archetype?

Another Controller and a Primal character would certainly open up the possibilities for this group, and keep open this competition. Primal, fortunately, offers two controller options, the Seeker and the Druid.[/sblock]

[sblock=BarrelRider]I like your alternate submission. A small note on time-line: At the time of the Campaign's start, there aren't any airships. As a Lyrandar scion, you would definitely know that there are Airships in the works, but they are a closely guarded secret. That said, Lyrandar has the best sailing vessels anywhere, and your story, set on the sea, works just as well. Who's to say you might not end up one of the first Airship sailors?[/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Here is my submission, now that I'm not too sick to type in a straight line.

1. Which Archetype do you match?
Dragonmarked Scion. While Revekka is a loyal member of House Deneith, her personal fondness for Oargev is a bit troubling to some of the rulers of the House. So far her skills make a valuable resource, but if the House decides she might choose to serve Cyre and Oargev over Deneith interests, she might face repercussions.

2. 1 paragraph (3-8 sentences) backstory about how you met Prince Oargev and entered his service.
>While a large detachment of Deneith guards stands watch over Thronehold for a time when the war will be over, many of the independent nations also maintain Deneith guards for the highest ranking nobility. From the standpoint of the House, this is just sound preparation- when the war ends, each kingdom will have seen how valuable the service of the House was, and if the kingdom of Galifar is restored, the rulers will already have a highly trained cadre to become the backbone of their new royal guard. Revekka was born in Cyre, the 4th generation of her family to see service to that nation's rulers since the war began. She was raised in the palace, and even from an early age she was educated alongside the prince. But as she grew, the senior members of House Deneith saw special potential within her, and by the age of thirteen she was moved out of Cyre to complete her education in one of the House's remote training centers. Fiercely intelligent and driven, she made the most of her educational opportunities, and just six months ago she completed her training and returned to the royal court of Cyre. The years have brought more than a few changes with them- but returning to Cyre felt like finally coming home.

3. 1 paragraph (3-8 sentences) description (both physical and personality).
>Revekka is a fairly attractive young human woman- just over average height, she has a well-toned athletic build. She has wavy black hair, just past shoulder length, which she usually keeps tied back. She has green eyes, pale skin, and pleasant (if unremarkable) features. She tends to dress in a courtly style, but more to blend in with the nobility than to stand out- the only unusual note is that her sword is no court dandy's blade, it is a real warrior's weapon. Revekka is a fiercely intelligent young woman, and she tries to maintain a composed and calm outlook. She enjoys reading and scholarly study as much as she enjoys swordplay and exercise. She does have a fiery temper, though, and once roused to anger she is violent and slow to calm down again. She also has a fierce sense of loyalty- both to her House and to her friends (and in particular to the Prince). So far she has not been forced to choose between the two sides...

4. Character Sheet. Please either attach a Builder sheet or use the Summary format from character builder.
[sblock]
====== Created in the style of the Character Builder ======
Revekka Amalthea d'Deneith, level 1
Human, Swordmage
Build: Shielding Swordmage
Swordmage Aegis: Aegis of Shielding
Background: Deneith bodyguard (add Perception)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 18, Wis 8, Cha 14.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 14.

AC: 19 Fort: 13 Reflex: 15 Will: 15
HP: 29 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +9, Athletics +6, Diplomacy +7, History +9, Insight +4, Perception +4

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +2, Bluff +4, Dungeoneering +1, Endurance +4, Heal +1, Intimidate +4, Nature +1, Religion +6, Stealth +2, Streetwise +4, Thievery +2

FEATS
Level 1: Student of battle
Human bonus: Jack of all trades

POWERS
Swordmage at-will 1: Greenflame blade
Swordmage at-will 1: Luring strike
Swordmage at-will 1 (human bonus): Sword burst
Swordmage encounter 1: Sword of sigils
Swordmage daily 1: Dance of the sword
Multiclass daily: Inspiring word

ITEMS
Leather Armor, Longsword, Adventurer's Kit (3 extra sunrods), Dagger (2), Sling with 20 sling bullets, Clothing (x3), nonmagical house signet ring, Identification Papers (with Portrait), Travel Papers, 21 gp
====== ======
[/sblock]

5. Magic items (level 2-10) you would be interested in seeing your PC obtain at some point. This locks you into nothing.
>Level 2: Cloak of resistance +1
Level 3: Siberys Shard of the mage
Level 4: Bold victory leather armor +1
Level 5: +1 Lifedrinker longsword
Level 6: +2 Longsword
Level 7: Boots of the fencing master
Level 8: Skald's leather armor +2
Level 9: Cloak of Survival +2
Level 10: Handy Haversack

6. Which Paragon Path you’d maybe be interested in pursuing if the game makes it that far. This locks you in to nothing.
>Either Deneith Protector or Ward Guardian.

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Alternate submission- Leader (or something like that). Obviously this submission works much better with the Warlord version of the prince- She is designed as a quintessential 'support' character (healer, skill monkey, ritualist).

>
Foreign national or druidic initiate. While she is technically not a Primal, she is a multiclass druid, and she is an Initiate of the Greensinger sect. She was not a senior member of the druidic delegation sent to Cyre, but the older members are all occupied with advising the Queen.

>
"I can sing to you of all that has been lost, and I dream of what there is yet left to lose..."

2. 1 paragraph (3-8 sentences) backstory about how you met Prince Oargev and entered his service.
>Maeve does not remeber if she ever had any other name. She was born a poor shepherd girl in the far reaches of western Aundair- and though the folk of her isolated village hardly concerned themselves with the outside world, even they knew that a single king ruled all of Galifar. From her earliest days, Maeve was just a bit odd- she had a sense of the weather, and often heard music in the woods that no one else did. In time the village elders decided to send her to the druids for instruction. She made her way, alone, through the ancient forests to the Towering Wood, but did not enter the groves of the druids- instead she found herself drawn farther, into the Twilight Demesne. In a twinkling of rare magic, she crossed over into the Feywild. There she dwelt, among the eladrin and other fey, learning all manner of things- for a time, she lost track of the mortal realm entirely. But the seers among the fey sensed troubling visions of the future, and even Maeve sensed some great disaster to come- like the first sight of storm clouds on a far horizon. The eladrin could not decide what should be done, and they sat in council for what seemed like years (in the mortal world, they WERE years). In time, they sent out messengers to the druids of the Reaches, both the Wardens and their own allies the Greensingers, in the hope that the druidic councils would send some warning to the warring nations. Touched by the impetousness of her human nature, Maeve would not be content- through hard study, she learned that most of the disastrous visions were set in Cyre, though none were specific enough to merit action. She crossed over into the mortal world with the fey emissaries, and made the journey first to Greenheart, and from there in the company of druidic advisors to Metrol. The other druids made their respects, and their advice, to the Queen, but Maeve felt some inexplicable force draw her attention to the young prince- while she had been in the Feywild for more than 100 years, she had not aged physically more than a few seasons, so she seemed to be his contemporary. In the space of a few short months, she has become good friends with the prince- her esoteric education and very different outlook are a fresh breeze in the stale relams of formal court politics.

>Maeve is a tiny young woman, apparently human. She is slender and short, but with the wiry toughness of a peasant farmer- and she appears no more than 18. She has short curly auburn hair, and sparkling green eyes, pale skin and a multitude of freckles- in general terms she is far closer to 'cute' than 'beautiful', especially by courtly standards. Her voice, however, is purest magic, and seems to have a faint hint of music behind it. Maeve loves knowledge and new experiences, and both the hearing and the telling of stories. She also revels in the ability to put knowledge and experience to good use. She is haunted by the specter of the great doom which has been predicted, though she knows so very little about it (and cannot speak of it, except in the most obscure fashion- this geasa has been in place since she re-entered the mortal world). She does know that Cyre will figure prominently in whatever happens, and that she will do everything she can to stop it- even if she doesn't know what IT is.

4. Character Sheet. Please either attach a Builder sheet or use the Summary format from character builder.
[sblock]

====== Created in the style of the Character Builder ======
Maeve, level 1
Human, Bard
Build: Valorous bard
Bardic virtue: Virtue of Valor
Background: Eldeen Reaches (bonus to Nature)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 8, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 18.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 8, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 16.

AC: 14 Fort: 13 Reflex: 14 Will: 16
HP: 26 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +7, Athletics +4, Diplomacy +9, Heal +6, History +7, Insight +6, Nature +8, Perception +6

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +1, Bluff +5, Dungeoneering +2, Endurance +3, Intimidate +5, Religion +3, Stealth +1, Streetwise +5, Thievery +1

FEATS
Level 1: Pact initiate- fey
Human bonus: Initiate of the old faith
Level 2 (Predicted): Jack of all trades

POWERS
Bard at-will 1: Guiding strike
Bard at-will 1: Misdirected mark
Bard at-will 1 (human bonus): Vicious mockery
Bard encounter 1: Shout of triumph
Bard daily 1: Verse of triumph
Multiclass encounter: Eyebite
Multiclass encounter: Savage rend

RITUALS
L1: Create campsite
L1: Traveler's chant (B)

ITEMS
Leather Armor, Wand, Totem, Shepherd's pipes (as flute), Adventurer's Kit (no rope), Dagger (2), Sling with 20 sling bullets, Clothing (x2), Identification Papers, Ritual book, Ritual components (Arcana, 0 gp), Ritual components (Nature, 30 gp), 6 gp
====== ======
[/sblock]

5. Magic items (level 2-10) you would be interested in seeing your PC obtain at some point. This locks you into nothing.
>Level 2: Cloak of resistance +1
Level 3: Master's wand of eyebite +1
Level 4: Hedge wizard gloves
Level 5: Deathcut leather +1
Level 6: Wand +2
Level 7: Razor bracers
Level 8: Thunder wand +2
Level 9: Cloak of Survival +2
Level 10: Handy Haversack

6. Which Paragon Path you’d maybe be interested in pursuing if the game makes it that far. This locks you in to nothing.
>Probably Voice of thunder or Life singer, or something from one of her multiclass picks. May also end up with an Aberrant Mark of Madness as the 'great doom' approaches...

Note: Her ties to the Feywild mean that she ages very slowly, even now that she is back in the mortal realm (this is just fluff unless things go unusually long-term, since 4e doesn't have aging categories)- but if the Day of Mourning does happen, that will sever those ties consigning her to a mortal lifespan (or much less, considering she has already lived more than 100 years).

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Dragonmarked Scion. Varis is a dragonmarked member of House Lyrandar, but his love is for Cyre.

Varis began his service to House Lyrandar as a sailor. He met the Prince of one of his many journeys across the continent. Sitting on the captain's table (as all dragonmarked members), he impressed the Prince with his love for Cyre. Shortly after finishing his apprenticeship, he joined the airservice of the Prince.

Varis Lyrandar loves to be on the deck of an airship, traversing the skies of Eberron. He knows the joy of besting thunderstorms, wild wyverns and murderous sky pirates. Butt he is one thing he loves even more, his homeland, Cyre, the jewel of Galifar. Although its beautiful culture and nation had slowly deteriorated throughout the war as it struggled against Aundair, Breland, and Thrane, their alliance with the Valenar made the land strong. As so many half-elves, he is adaptive and daring, if a bit unpredictable, like a storm. As so few, he bears the mark of the storms.

[sblock=CS]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======
level 1
Half-Elf, Sorcerer
Spell Source: Storm Magic

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 14, Dex 16, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 18.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 12, Dex 16, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 16.

AC: 13 Fort: 12 Reflex: 13 Will: 16
HP: 26 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +5, Bluff +9, Diplomacy +11, Perception +5

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +3, Dungeoneering, Endurance +2, Heal, History, Insight +2, Intimidate +4, Nature, Religion, Stealth +3, Streetwise +4, Thievery +3, Athletics

FEATS
Level 1: Mark of Storm
POWERS
Sorcerer at-will 1: Burning Spray
Sorcerer at-will 1: Lightning Strike
Sorcerer encounter 1: Thundering Roar
Sorcerer daily 1: Howling Tempest
Half-Elf: Vicious Mockery

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Dagger (2), Crossbow, Crossbow Bolts (20), Pouch, Belt (empty), Everburning Torch
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======

[/sblock]
1 Magic dagger +1 (started with level one, because a striker needs his 'weapon' first)
2 Leather Armor of Resistance +1
3 Brooch of Shielding +1
4 Shimmering +1
5 Boots of Rapid Motion
6 Magic dagger +2
7 Leather Armor of Resistance +2
8 Choker of Eloquence +2
9 Gloves of Storing
10 Lightning dagger +2

Lyrandar Windrider or maybe Lightning Fury.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
With a little less than 15 hours to go, we have 11 submissions. This tells me that ENWorld PBP could sustain yet another 4ed Eberron game, and have a wealth of characters from which to choose. Whose gonna run it?

I've already starting making possible party line-ups, just to see if I come across one that excites me, but never fear, new characters can excite me just as well! I am already liking some of the potential personality interactions I am seeing.

Right now, things are looking pretty darn good for yzard's Wizard, Thom, as he's the sole controller in the field. Is anyone up to challenge him, or will he make it into the game unopposed?

Every other combat role is pretty tightly contested with 3-4 entries each.

Know that I have enjoyed all of your submissions and feel that all of you bring great Eberron flavor to this campaign. If I had more time than I do, I would run 2 versions of this game, to get all of you 10 of you to play with me. Unfortunately, I don't have that time, what with my full-time job, part-time job, wife, son, and table-top game.

Anyway: If there is anyone else out there with a submission, get it in before 9:30 tonight!

renau1g

First Post
Just throwing it out there, but there is a Living Eberron as well for those interested. I know some of you already have PC's there, but for some of the newer players you can follow the link in my sig. I'm sure we could use more players as there is at least 1 DM who wants to run a game, but lacks the bodies.

yzard

First Post
Thanks for the update, Shaggy - I look forward to seeing if I get to participate! Lots of great submissions and, this being my first PBP experience, it is cool to see how creative everyone gets with their characters. Lots of good stuff to learn from.

@renau1g: Thanks for posting that Living Eberron info! I will definitely take a look over there if Thom doesn't make it into this campaign.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
We have a team:

Prince Oargev ir'Wynarn, Prince of Cyre; half-elf bard (renau1g)
Lord Alaric ir'Drake, Childhood friend of the Prince; human warlord* (DistractingFlare)
Varis d'Lyrandar, Ally and friend of the Prince; half-elf sorcerer (Walking Dad)
Thom Trannith, the prince's teacher and adviser; human wizard (yzard)
Dev, the prince's servant, friend, and bodyguard; changeling assassin (Shayuri)
Kraken, the prince's bodyguard; warforged fighter (Dekana)

I want to stress again that all of the submissions were very good.

A few notes on the process: As submissions came in, I created sample parties based on guidelines that I set for what I wanted. At the highest point, I had 22 possible parties. At different points, I started making stricter rules, based on what I wanted for the game stats-wise, story-wise, and interaction-wise, which eliminated some possible parties. Whenever a player no longer had any characters with a chance to be accepted into the game, I PMed the player and offered them a chance to make an alternate selection*.

If you never got one of those PMs, it means you had a horse in the race up until the very end.

By the time submissions were closed last night, I had 5 possible parties I was interested in running. 3 characters were in all versions of those parties, so I sent them questionnaires about what kind of party they would want to adventure in. After 2 of those questionnaires came back to me, 2 of those 5 parties were eliminated, and a 4th character was guaranteed a place in the party. I sent him the same questions and after all answers were tallied, we ended up with the above team.

For now, team, I would like for you to start talking with each other, defining your relationship with each other, and doing any last-minute changes you need to on you sheets/backgrounds.

Any of you who didn't make it and want to know at which step you didn't get in, PM and I'll give you some feedback.

*Due to the fact that the two Oargevs were SO different, and would in fact make for interesting foils to each other, and that I decided I preferred an idealistic Prince, making DistractingFlare's Prince Oargev not an option, I made the offer to him to re-background his character to the son of a powerful general of Cyre, and childhood friend of the Prince. He will be updating his background soon.

renau1g

First Post
Thanks Shaggy. I did not envy your position as the entries were all great.

Kraken, you'll have your work cut out for you, good thing you're a battlerager and get those THP's :)

[sblock=DistractingFlare]
So perhaps our PC's could be friends/ but also rivals of each other, having a friendly competition between each other (have you seen Count of Monte Cristo? like Dantes & Mondego have at the beginning). With the Prince likely being in melee and your PC as well we can even have banter back and forth during battles.
[/sblock]

Remove ads