• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Recruiting) Kiss of Darkness--Adventure in my Homebrew Setting

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
I love the way SBLOCKs can help encapsulate information for each player and I hope you guys will too! :)

I can go either way. I know some games use Sblocks anytime the party isn't together, and some games just post it all out in the open. One thing I do like is Sblocking OOC stuff. I don't really know why. I suppose it just makes the game appear more clean. But even that isn't a big deal to me.

But you are right. So long as the formatting works, I love Sblocked/Coded character sheets. Talk about saving on the mousewheel as a DM!

Bront

The man with the probe
JimAde said:
Ooooh. Secrets! :)

It's the suspense that gets me!
Secrets Revealed!

A sneak peak inside the sblocks...

Keia said:
I bet we can get everyone wondering what we're saying in the sblock.

Rystil Arden said:
I know we can. I sent you an e-mail by the way. I love sblocks.

Keia said:
Replied. Great, this is always fun. I know, how about we plot your TPK of the group I'm not in?

And there you go. Shocking isn't it?

:D :uhoh: :p :lol:

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Ha. Now I know for a fact that you aren't reading them. This is what Keia's last one said:

Keia said:
Awww, C'mon. You know as well as I do that Bront is reading this!

See, that proves you aren't! :confused:

Oh ... and better Keia plotting the TPK of Rystil's group than Rystil plotting the TPK of Keia's group. Cause ... I kinda like Mightier Than the Sword without having Warrick kill everyone off .... :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Oh ... and better Keia plotting the TPK of Rystil's group than Rystil plotting the TPK of Keia's group. Cause ... I kinda like Mightier Than the Sword without having Warrick kill everyone off ....

Hey now, if my world had gods as boring as Boccob the Uncaring, I'd want to kill everyone too! :D :lol:

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Hey now, if my world had gods as boring as Boccob the Uncaring, I'd want to kill everyone too! :D :lol:

:p

Yeah, well, when you have gods like The Invincible, The Shining One, The Sparkling Wit, and The Herald of Hell ... who needs an interesting god of magic? Besides ... with those names, you're already to go for a M&M RPG! :lol:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
:p

Yeah, well, when you have gods like The Invincible, The Shining One, The Sparkling Wit, and The Herald of Hell ... who needs an interesting god of magic? Besides ... with those names, you're already to go for a M&M RPG! :lol:
Bah, but the Greyhawk gods are so boooooring and very one-dimensional. And they are either missing important portfolios that were important in every real-world mythos that ever existed or else the deities of those protfolios are very minor and incredibly difficult to find information about and don't exist in the PH and Deities and Demigods. All in all, I just don't like them at all. My players and I had this discussion a few weeks ago :D

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Well, I do have the beginnings of my own deities for my homebrew. But, I didn't use them when I was creating my twin games when I first joined Enworld. And, since I set Elysium Squad in the same world, it was just easier to use the dieties that everyone is familiar with. Besides, they are only as boring as the DM playing them! ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
Well, I do have the beginnings of my own deities for my homebrew. But, I didn't use them when I was creating my twin games when I first joined Enworld. And, since I set Elysium Squad in the same world, it was just easier to use the dieties that everyone is familiar with. Besides, they are only as boring as the DM playing them! ;)
Well, that's only if you're roleplaying them as NPCs. I mean that the deities themselves are just rather...uninspiring. When I read any other set of gods I've seen, it always inspires me to great new character ideas that I want to play. When I read the Greyhawk gods, the only thing they inspire me to do is to find another set of gods as quickly as possible.

Now if a random D&D player, say my little brother who doesn't care one way or the other for mythologies said that, I wouldn't really find it unusual, but I find my opinion to be telling (to me, which is possibly biased :D) because that I am a mythology enthusiast and I love learning about all sorts of random real-world mythologies (I don't really know anyone who knows more random mythology stuff). The only religion, real or fictional, that I have ever seen that bores me and doesn't make me want to study it is the Greyhawk pantheon :lol:

That is, of course, just me though :)

Remove ads