• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruiting: Rowaini Musketeers--One for All and All for One!

Rystil Arden

First Post
Great, we're 4 for 4. In that case, I'm ready to start. I'm going to try a bit of a non-standard beginning. Instead of starting with a mission, I'm going to stick you in a town to begin to give you a chance to get into character and do what Musketeers do best! A mission will be forthcoming after a certain amount of time has passed.

Play begins at the end of a routine patrol mission in the forest of Lardres on the Rajerian border. There were rumours of strange shapes in the forest, but it turned out to be just chasing shadows. This was probably especially disappointing for the newest musketeer, Jacin, as his first mission wound up being a dud. Now they have reached the small but busy city of Arvanne, the regional capital for the rural border province of Niarche.

We begin after four days on the road from the forest. Our roadworn heroes are probably hoping for a nice hot bath, a warm meal, some fine wine, a little bit of companionship, or maybe some combination thereof.

IC thread to appear shortly!

Shayuri

First Post
Er...I should have asked first. Are we riding? Did we ride? Do we, in fact, ride?

Jacen seems to have forgotten to take ranks in it. I'm thinking if the musketeers ride, I should fix that. :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Shayuri said:
Er...I should have asked first. Are we riding? Did we ride? Do we, in fact, ride?

Jacen seems to have forgotten to take ranks in it. I'm thinking if the musketeers ride, I should fix that. :)
You rode, but standard simple riding requires no check or skill. Cool tricks do.

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm...true. But would that be on the entrance exam? It seems a Musketeer would be expected to do cool tricks on horseback. :)

On the other hand, it might be fun to have Jacen fail humiliatingly the first few times he tries, then have him buy some Ride when he levels.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads