Recruiting -- S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Gold

rpgramen

First Post
Those are fine. I looked at the runestaves, and I cannot find any mention of them being enchanted in a weapon-sense, so I would just assume that they are normal as weapons go, unless you want to pay for the magical weapon enchantment.

That's fine. I just thought I'd say something since it mentions them being the equivalent of Staves, and I just thought Staves were +1 Quarterstaves. My brain must just be broken :)

Sheet Updated with the updates you approved and pending final approval.

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
@rpgramen - sheet looks good. please post link or something in the RG thread (link in my sig). You're on the map in the IC thread, but you can't act yet, for some strange reason..... :devil:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I notice that Morika uses plenty of natural attacks and doesn't have Improved Natural Attack. It allows attacking as if one size category larger. Would that stack with her shifter traits? I'll probably replace some feats, maybe take Quick Reconnoiter for +2 init instead of that shifter one (beast insticts or some such)...

I'll look up shifters and their feats today.

Looked some up, I cannot find in Eberron settings some feats, traits and spells...would RoE be races of Eberron? I'll look that up little bit later...

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Weren't some of the shifter feats list in MM2 or MM3? I seem to recall, but I'm not around my books to check.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Races of Eberron has most of the shifter stuff that Morika has.

What I have found from NPC'ing her is that she can charge for the gore attack, then is quite effective with her scimitar. I didn't notice that she had any other natural attacks when she wasn't charging.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Sorry for the silence, I'm home on sick leave babysitting...

What I have found from NPC'ing her is that she can charge for the gore attack, then is quite effective with her scimitar. I didn't notice that she had any other natural attacks when she wasn't charging.

These are the changes that I'd implement with Morika:
FEAT CHANGES
- Improved natural attack (gore) if you allow it to stack for size purposes, otherwise it's already covered by gore elite - probably replace shifter instincts, this one counts as shifter so no change

- Shifter ferocity change for one of charging feats (losing one round duration off shifitng because of losing shifter feat)

EQUIPMENT CHANGES
- replace amulet of health with amulet of natural armor
- replace boots of comfort with boots of stomping or anklet of translocation (600 and 1400gp respectively)

SKILL CHANGES
- lose any three skill ranks (probably 1 swimm and 1 Handle animal and 1 survival) exchanging them for skill trick Quick Concentration and 1 rank in jump
(for Quick Concentration I need to check for prerequisite and for spells selected - if there is no concentration needed beyong detect magic then it's useless)

SPELL CHANGES
None for now, but will probably replace body of the sun with something else I dislike nondiscriminating spells especialy fire based ones that can start fires in nature,

CLASS CHANGES:
if allowed she should be feral, but now it's too late for templates. I'd like however to take Moonspeaker levels. there is some mentioning that DM might allow it to advance animal companions and other druid like abilities (wildshape and others), but I don't see it written anywhere. If you allow it fine; if not again fine :)

What do you think?

And regardless of changes, I'm read yto start on monday morning GMT +1 (that would be wee hours after midnight for USA)
This is rough draft, I'll

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
Doh, did I miss the restocking of players again? Sas anytime you need someone to fill in just shoot me a PM. I'm up for whatever until I can bring in 1 of my alts posted in your alt RG for your game :)

s@squ@tch

First Post
answers below in yellow.

Sorry for the silence, I'm home on sick leave babysitting...

These are the changes that I'd implement with Morika:
FEAT CHANGES
- Improved natural attack (gore) if you allow it to stack for size purposes, otherwise it's already covered by gore elite - probably replace shifter instincts, this one counts as shifter so no change

No problem with this.

- Shifter ferocity change for one of charging feats (losing one round duration off shifitng because of losing shifter feat)

No problem with this.

EQUIPMENT CHANGES
- replace amulet of health with amulet of natural armor
- replace boots of comfort with boots of stomping or anklet of translocation (600 and 1400gp respectively)

OK to both -- but remember, you're fighting giants (they hit hard. ;) )

SKILL CHANGES
- lose any three skill ranks (probably 1 swimm and 1 Handle animal and 1 survival) exchanging them for skill trick Quick Concentration and 1 rank in jump
(for Quick Concentration I need to check for prerequisite and for spells selected - if there is no concentration needed beyong detect magic then it's useless)

Alas, I do not have Complete Scoundrel -- so I'd like to pass on the skill tricks.

SPELL CHANGES
None for now, but will probably replace body of the sun with something else I dislike nondiscriminating spells especialy fire based ones that can start fires in nature,

CLASS CHANGES:
if allowed she should be feral, but now it's too late for templates. I'd like however to take Moonspeaker levels. there is some mentioning that DM might allow it to advance animal companions and other druid like abilities (wildshape and others), but I don't see it written anywhere. If you allow it fine; if not again fine :)

What do you think?

No new templates. But feel free to take levels of Moonspeaker at lvl 9+.

And regardless of changes, I'm read yto start on monday morning GMT +1 (that would be wee hours after midnight for USA)
This is rough draft, I'll

s@squ@tch

First Post
Doh, did I miss the restocking of players again? Sas anytime you need someone to fill in just shoot me a PM. I'm up for whatever until I can bring in 1 of my alts posted in your alt RG for your game :)

Thanks for your continued interest.

Team Gold still has 2 PC's that are being NPC'd, so if you want to take one of them over, I'm all ears.

One is a gnome archivist, the other is a dwarf fighter/rogue/dragonmarked heir.

Vertexx69

First Post
I dont think I'd have any trouble taking over Hudder. He seems simple enough for now...out in the jungle. He could get more complex in a city environment, but I dont see that happening anytime soon :) I've been playing a dwarven cleric with a thick accent for the last 6 months, so his "hudderisms" shouldn't be a problem :cool:

I was wondering why he has rogue lvls though? he doesn't have the Int to be a skill monkey, or the ability to use evasion in his full plate.

Remove ads