• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Redbadge's Crypt of the Everflame (IC)

Redbadge

Explorer
4 Neth 4709 (21:37:51) [Round 3]
Broken Glade, 16 Miles South of Kassen, Southern Fangwood, Nirmathas

Gamble's light slightly extends the range you can see, but you still can't see the wolf anymore.

OOC: I tried making a map showing the extent of your vision. Areas where both light and the campfire raise the darkness to dim light obviously work together to raise the light level two steps to normal light. This is why there isn't that much dim light (the lightly fogged squares).

[sblock=Combat Map]
1343266957_light%20and%20vision%20map.jpg
[/sblock]
GM: Lissa, Snaggle, and Joseph can all feel free to go to finish off the round.

Last edited:

BudroThePious

First Post
Joseph looks around to see if he can see anything else and waits to see what happens.[sblock=Actions]Full Round: Delay.
Free Action: Perception Check.[/sblock]
OOC: Caltrops

Last edited:

Isklexi

First Post
"If you think it will return, we should make ready."

Snaggle walks over to where the wolf originally appeared and sprinkles caltrops on the ground.

[sblock=Actions]Free Action: Speak
Move Action: move to C4
Standard Action: Spread Caltrops in B4[/sblock]

Last edited:

Etharia

First Post
"Good girl Nyra I hope you didn't hurt the poor creature too badly," Lissa says as she rubs Nyra's ears while standing up. Turning to the others she says, "the poor wolf was starving, called by the scent of our meal, he would never have dared our camp fire and Nyra else. They usually run in packs so there are probably more out there, but whether or not they'll try again depends on how truly desperate they are." Lissa starts to head back to bed then stops and look directly at Snaggle. "I am a druid Snaggle and while that does not prevent me from taking the lives of animals that attack me it does provide me with other options. I prefer helping those in need rather than harming them blindly in self defense. After all he could have helped with keeping the watch this night against other desperate creatures."

Having said her piece Lissa returns to her bedding and sits down to await the others decision in how best to proceed. She also retrieves her slingstaff and loads it.

Redbadge

Explorer
4 Neth 4709 (21:37:54) [Round 4]

Before Lissa can get too comfortable in bed, the wolf returns to the clearing with a vengeance, and it has brought company.

The rest of the pack is in similar condition to its leader - hungry, fatigued, and desperate for food. When they arrive, they pull up right in front of Snaggle, their hackles raised, and their visages pulled back into viscous snarls. The one that was surprised by Snaggle's trap before is in for another surprise as it enters the area of the kobold's caltrops. One of the creature's front paws is pierced by a metal spike, causing it to yelp and jump backwards, where one of it's back paws suffers the same fate.

[sblock=Actions]Wolves: Arrive to the clearing at the end of round 3 (move). (Wolf 1 is attacked and critted by the caltrops in square B5.)[/sblock][sblock=Combat Status]
Code:
Init  Character   AC/FF/T     HP      Effects
22    Joseph      11/10/11    11/11   Delayed
22    Nyra        14/11/13    11/11   
21    Gamble      13/11/13    8/8     Prone, [I]Light [/I](100/100)
21    Wolf 3      13/12/11    [COLOR=Plum]16[/COLOR]/19   Fatigued
18    Snaggle     15/14/12    8/8
18    Lissa       14/11/14    8/8     Prone
16    Wolf 1      13/12/11    [COLOR=Plum]7[/COLOR]/16    Fatigued, Wounded (caltrops)
12    Wolf 2      13/12/11    [COLOR=Plum]8[/COLOR]/10    Fatigued
[/sblock][sblock=Combat Map]
1343340356_eyes%20in%20the%20dark%205.jpg
[/sblock]
GM: I put Joseph up in case he wants to undelay. Either way, Nyra is up after that, followed by Gamble.

Last edited:

BudroThePious

First Post
Joseph moves to attack the wolves as they reappear.[sblock=Actions]Move Action: Move 15 feet through C3 to B4.
Standard Action: Cleave Attack Wolves 1 and 2.[/sblock][sblock=Current Status]Joseph Gault (Male human fighter 1)
LN medium humanoid (human)
Str 18
Dex 13 Con 13 Int 12 Wis 12 Cha 10

Key Skills Acrobatics +1, Bluff +0, Climb +8, Diplomacy +0, Escape Artist +1, Handle Animal +4, Heal +1, Intimidate +0,
Knowledge (Any) +1, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +5, Perception +1, Sense Motive +1, Stealth +1, Survival +5, Swim +8

Init +1 Spd 30 ft. Senses Normal vision (normal light); Perception +1
AC 11, touch 11, FF 10 HP 11/11 Temp HP 0
Fort +3 Ref +1 Will +1 CMB +5 CMD 16

Melee Attack Greatsword +5 (2d6 + 6/19-20) [honed, +1 damage with first strike]

Currently Wielding Greatsword
Current Armor (None), Explorer's Outfit
Stowed on Person (Sheaths, straps, pockets, etc.) Nothing
Stowed in Packs (Backpacks, belt pouches, saddle bags, etc.) Nothing
Current Encumbrance 16 lbs (light load) Medium Load 100.01 lbs Heavy Load 200.01 lbs Max 300 lbs

Active Abilities
Combat Options:
Charge (full round action), Power Attack (standard action), Cleave (standard action), Quick Draw (free action)
Combat Maneuvers: Bull Rush, Dirty Trick, Disarm, Drag, Grapple, Overrun, Reposition, Steal, Sunder, Trip

Current Effects and Conditions:
Cleave -2 AC[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redbadge

Explorer
4 Neth 4709 (21:37:55) [Round 4]

Nyra, still being commanded to guard, takes a small step over to where Lissa sits and prepares to attack any wolf that gets close.

[sblock=Actions]Nyra: 5 ft. step to F5 (free action). Ready action to attack any wolf that gets within reach (standard).[/sblock][sblock=Combat Status]
Code:
22    Joseph      9/8/9       11/11   
22    Nyra        14/11/13    11/11   
21    Gamble      13/11/13    8/8     Prone, [I]Light [/I](100/100)
21    Wolf 3      13/12/11    [COLOR=Plum]16[/COLOR]/19   Fatigued
18    Snaggle     15/14/12    8/8
16    Wolf 1      13/12/11    [COLOR=Plum]7[/COLOR]/16    Fatigued, Wounded (caltrops)
1343344562_eyes%20in%20the%20dark%206.jpg
[/sblock]
GM: Gamble will post, then Wolf 3 will go. Snaggle and Lissa be ready after that!

Courage

First Post
Gamble forgets about his crossbow for a moment, as he sees that he has a golden opportunity. He drops his crossbow to his side and reaches into the tent to grab his spell component pouch. Pulling out a small pat of butter, and rubbing it between his fingers, the gnome's bardic magic begins flowing over the material component. He looks over the rock and casts a slippery spell right underneath the wolves' paws. "This should trip them up," he chuckles towards the others.

[sblock=Actions]Move Action: Recover spell component pouch from tent.
Standard Action: Cast http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/light.html#lightgrease on squares A5-A6-B5-B6.
Free Action: Speak (5 syllables).[/sblock][sblock=Current Status, Gamble]Gamble Benguile (Male gnome bard 1)
CG small humanoid (gnome)
Str 8
Dex 14 Con 10 Int 14 Wis 12 Cha 18

Key Skills Acrobatics +2, Bluff +8, Climb -1, Diplomacy +8, Escape Artist +2, Heal +1, Knowledge (Local) +7, Knowledge (Any) +3, Perception +7, Perform (wind instruments or act) +8, Sense Motive +1, Spellcraft +6, Stealth +10, Swim -1

Init +2 Spd 20 ft. Senses Low-light vision (normal light); Perception +7
AC 13, touch 11, FF 13 (+4 dodge versus giants) HP 8/8 Temp HP 0
Fort +0 Ref +4 Will +3 CMB -2 CMD 10
Misc +2 saves versus illusions

Ranged Attack light crossbow (80 ft.) +3 (1d6/19-20)
-Crossbow bolts: 1/1 (crossbow loaded)
Misc +1 attack versus reptilians and goblinoids

Currently Wielding Spell component pouch
Dropped (on ground at feet) Light crossbow (loaded with bolt of light)
Current Armor Entertainer's Leggings and Socks
Stowed on Person (Sheaths, straps, pockets, etc.) None
Stowed in Packs (Backpacks, belt pouches, saddle bags, etc.) None
Stored in Tent Winter Blanker, Entertainer's Shirt and Vest, Entertainer's Sandals, Studded Leather Armor, Buckler, 9 Crossbow Bolts, Dagger, Harmonica, Flint and Steel, 26 gp
Current Encumbrance 3 lbs (light load) Medium Load 19.51 lbs Heavy Load 39.76 lbs Max 60 lbs

Active Abilities
1st-Level Spells:
1/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Grease)
Cantrips: ~/~
(Detect Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Read Magic)
Spell-like Abilities: 1/1 (
Dancing Lights), 1/1 (Ghost Sound), 0/1 (Prestidigitation), 1/1 (Speak with Animals)
Bardic Performances: 10/14 (Countersong, Distraction, Fascinate, Inspire Courage)

Current Effects and Conditions:
Prone, light (99/100), grease (10/10)[/sblock]

Redbadge

Explorer
4 Neth 4709 (21:37:57) [Round 4]

Though the ground suddenly grows slick beneath their paws, none of the wolves fall. One of them slides up to Snaggle and delivers a vicious bite. Though it tries to pull Snaggle to the ground, the kobold is able to rip his arm away and stay standing, though heavily bleeding.

[sblock=Actions]Wolf 3: Move to square B6 using Acrobatics (move). Bite Snaggle (standard). Attempt trip without provoking (free).[/sblock][sblock=Combat Status]
Code:
22    Joseph      9/8/9       11/11   
22    Nyra        14/11/13    11/11   Readied attack
21    Gamble      13/11/13    8/8     Prone, [I]Light [/I](99/100), [I]Grease [/I](10/10)
21    Wolf 3      13/12/11    [COLOR=Plum]16[/COLOR]/19   Fatigued, Flat-footed, Partial Cover (tree in [B]B7[/B])
18    Snaggle     15/14/12    [COLOR=Red]2[/COLOR]/8
1343347960_eyes%20in%20the%20dark%207.jpg
[/sblock]
GM: Snaggle and Lissa are up!

Last edited:

Isklexi

First Post
Hissing in pain, Snaggle scuttles back and unleashes a gout of flames to engulf all 3 wolves.

[sblock=Actions]Free Action: 5 ft step to D4
Standard Action: Burning Hands[/sblock]
OOC: The cone extends from the lower left corner of my square and hits all three wolves without hitting joseph

[sblock=Status]Snaggle Blanc (Male kobold sorcerer 1)
LN small humanoid (reptilian)
Str 8 Dex 16 Con 9 Int 12 Wis 10 Cha 16

Key Skills Acrobatics +3, Climb -1, Craft (trap-making) +7, Disable Device +7, Escape Artist +3, Knowledge (Arcana) +5, Perception +2, Stealth +11, Swim -1

Init +3 Spd 30 ft. Senses Darkvision 60 ft. (normal light); Perception +2
AC 19, touch 14, FF 16 HP 2/8 Temp HP 0
Fort -1 Ref +3 Will +2 CMB -2 CMD 11
Misc +2 saves versus gaze attacks

Melee Attack Spear +0 (1d6-1/20)

Currently Wielding Spear
Current Armor Nothing (Leather Apron, Goggles)
Stowed on Person (Sheaths, straps, pockets, etc.) Thieves Tools, 22 gp
Stowed in Packs (Backpacks, belt pouches, saddle bags, etc.) None
Current Encumbrance 3.5 lbs (light load) Medium Load 19.5 lbs Heavy Load 39.75 lbs Max 60 lbs

Active Abilities
1st-Level Spells: 2/4 (Burning Hands, Mage Armor)
Cantrips: ~/~ (Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Read Magic)
Spell-like Abilities: 0/6 Trap Rune

Current Effects and Conditions: normal[/sblock]
OOC: I blame the arm injury; it messed with the somatic components.

Last edited:

Remove ads